University of Phoenix / double charging for classes

1 AZ, United States Review updated:

Beware of this school. There are hundreds of complaints for fraudulent activity.

I attended the University of Phoenix for six months. At that time I decided to switch to another online school that was cheaper and had different requirements. University of Phoenix was paid for my last term through financial aid, and student loans. I had my transcripts sent immediatly to Capella. Within a few weeks, UoP said they were never paid for my last class, and started billing me for it. I contacted my student loan company, and they showed that all of my classes had be paid. UoP insisted that I owed them money and sent me to collections. I sent a no contact letter, but they continued to illegally contact me. After another year of ignoring the no contact law, they sent the contract to an outside collection agency. I again had to send no contact letters to this agency. They switched to another agency. Afte 2 years of this, they have finally quit contacting me. Another co-worker ofmine had the same problem with them, only they are holding his transcripts at bay, and he can never complete his education anywhere until he pays for classes he doesn't owe for.
One of their ploys that seems to common across the board is to charge for classes that have been dropped. They will not drop the class when requested, and then will charge you because the class was dropped after the drop date.

Ni

Comments

7th of Sep, 2010

I have been a student with UOP for a year now. I just want to know if this college is accredited with their degrees.