Having problems with Heald College?

Heald College reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Dec 19, 2008. The latest review Being A Fake College was posted on Nov 29, 2015. The latest complaint Harassment was resolved on Feb 20, 2014. Heald College has an average consumer rating of 4 stars from 41 reviews. Heald College has resolved 28 complaints.

Heald College Customer Service Contacts

1340 Treat Blvd STE 325
Walnut Creek, California
United States - CA94597-2101

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Heald College Customer Service. Initial Heald College complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Heald College above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Heald College. Discuss the issues you have had with Heald College and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Heald College Complaints & Reviews

Heald College — False Representation

I had Arlandis McClain as an advisor when I enrolled at Heald. I kept getting phone calls from the same phone...

Heald Collegeover aggressive

I recently was interested in the Heald college in Modesto. My sister and my boy friend were as well. I made a phone call to them informing them that we were interested in the school and would like to make an appointment to check out the school and ask a couple questions. So we made an appointment with an advisor named arlandis. He sounded very nice and respectful over the phone and was glad we were interested in the school. So we made it fifteen minuets early to our appointment and saw arlandis. He explained some things about the school, why its a good school, and why we should attend it. We then went on to take the tour of the school with him. Towards the end of the tour he shows us the computer lab and asks us if we want to take the assessment test, when we had told him that we were only there to learn about the school to see if we wanted to go there. We then told him that we would like to make another appointment for that and he told us that the only way we would be able to talk to a financial aid advisor was if we were to take the test. Which was a lie because when we did decide to take the test and see a financial aid person she never once looked at our scores. Arlandis just wanted us to take the test to make sure we were able to pass the test to even be able to go to the school so that they didn't have to waist any time on student that weren't even smart enough to go to their school. So after we took the test arlandis then took us back to his office and had us sign a bunch of papers. He didn't even ask if we wanted to attend the school. So after signing a bunch of papers (which we shouldn't have even done) we got to talk to the financial aid person which showed us that the course we wanted (which was medical) was really expensive. Arlandis really pushed the school on us, he didn't even give us a chance to make up our minds. He really pressured us to sign papers and get everything done in a couple of days. He informed us that we should still take a look at other colleges but theres "none out there better than theirs". So at the end of our days of appointments with heald, arlandis told us that there were seats saved for us. So we went on to look at other colleges. We went to talk to kaplan which we didn't have to sign a single paper the first 2 appointments of talking to an advisor. We did the tour, found out some facts about the school, and didn't even have to talk to a financial aid person to find out how much our course cost. Were very satified with kaplan and sent arlandis an email telling him that we were no longer interested. His attitude from then on changed dramatically. He was very rude, slouched in his chair as if he were irritated. He started telling us all these bad things about kaplan. He then had one employee come in that had worked at kaplan before, Amanda. She then went on about how kalpan isn't good for us. Arlandis then had us write a letter stating why we weren't interested in the school anymore. We are now receiving many calls from different people from heald asking why we are not interested in attending their school. I then called arlandis to ask them to stop calling us and he again he was rude and said theres nothing he can do about it. I then asked him if we were enrolled anymore and he did this really rude laugh at me and told me we were never enrolled at "their school". He then said "all i can tell you is that your kaplan material" in a stupid way. I took that as an insult and asked him what was that supposed to mean, and he answered by saying i was going to kaplan. I wish we never went to talk to that school in the first place. ALL THEY ARE TRYING TO DO IS GET MONEY AND MAKE THEIR QUOTA.

• Sl
      slim33 Feb 19, 2014

Shout the hell up! People are here for valid reason, not to read your low life opinion. Get back to reading radoronline, tmz, and watching your reality shows.

• Ju
      justathough May 10, 2013

Hi all,
      I am currently going through the hiring process to become an Admissions Advisor at Heald College. Naturally, I like to do my research before committing myself to a company and came across these comments.
      Two things I have learned for reading these comments:
      1) I have definitely learned from your experiences on how NOT to act towards prospect students. It isn't about the money (they don't pay based on commission btw), but they do focus on "pushing" the importance of education. You contacted them because you wanted to make a better future for yourself, the advisors are there to help keep you focused on that path. Many people change their minds on a daily basis and its encouraged to remind you why you contacted them in the first place. Unfortunately, you all came across advisors that were way too pushy and way too personal on the matter. They should be encouraging, understanding, sympathize and above all, respectful of your choice.
      2) (and this one you may come back at me at cause it's very blunt) You can tell them "take me off your list", its that simple. I have found that in this world (I have been on every side of business you can think of, customer service, buyer/purchaser, negotiator, trainer, ect) there are some out there who get somewhat of an excitement over drama. It is very natural. It is why most of our population watch dumb shows like Jersey Shore and all those random Housewives reality shows. But if you can't just step up and tell them "take me off your list" (and its illegal for them not too, once you've requested that) then you're just keeping that door open for those "pushy" advisors to keep bugging you. IF they DON'T take you off the list, contact an executive/head of the department...they do record these conversations and will regulate appropriately. Which, they screen their advisors on a BI-WEEKLY basis, so how these few are getting away acting as you said (without dramatizing the actually occurrence ;) is beyond me.

Anywho, hope you all will have better luck with them and others in the future. Just remember, once you've requested info about anything, expect people to "push" to give you that info until you tell them to stop.

Nora Strong Dec 19, 2012

I have submitted online application to learn about Heald College. It was 3 years ago. I got my first call from them and found out that the school is not for me. Since then I am getting calls from Heald college every week. Now their tone changed and they started to talk to me very rudely with upsetting tone as if it is my fault that I do not want to go to their school. Should I change my phone number or there is a place to where I can submit my complain? Please advise.

• Ve
      verdemar707 Apr 27, 2011

Something similar happened to me at Heald College in Stockton CA. Danica one of the advisors didn't really explain anything to me, I signed a bunch of papers, took the test, talked to financial aid, then me and my husband decided that it wasn't a good idea for me to attend since we were both unemployed. I gave Danica a call saying I was not going to be able to attend and her attitude changed completely with me, at first I thought she cared but really none of them do. All that Heald wants is your money! I felt like I was pressured to attend this school. They didn't even hive me time to even think about it when they were already giving me documents to sign. I also received a call from a lady there and she was really rude. She started out asking how I was and if I was excited to start school, after explaining my situation to her she started going off in a rude tone saying that we can work it out, that me and my husband should move in with my in- laws to save money. She also stated I was making a wrong decision, I had never talked to this lady ever and she was already judging me saying Im just being lazy. That I could go to school despite our financial issues. What???? Hello I'm not going to get into debt with a miserable school who doesn't even care about me. Anyway that was my experience with them.

Heald &for Profit& CollegePossible False Info

Heald 'for-profit' college states on their website: "Because Heald is regionally accredited, it has articulation agreements with other regionally accredited institutions that accept Heald credits toward bachelor’s degree programs. This means that you can transfer your credits if you choose to pursue further education.*" Before a student enrolls at Heald they SHOULD check with four year accredited colleges first. Because I have found the above statement not to be true, at least for state four year colleges.

SacEdu Dec 03, 2010

This is claim is completely false. I know that Heald has an articulation agreement on file with the CSU Chancellor's office that allows graduates from their AA degree to enter at the same level as a community college graduate. You should check your facts before electing to bash a college with a solid reputation. In fact, I believe Heald is one of the oldest regionally accredited colleges in the state. It is hard to believe a school could stay in business for almost 150 years, let alone keep their accreditation, if your claim is true.

• Er
        EricMathew Dec 03, 2010

If you are having problems with articulating to other schools, I highly encourage you to contact the Heald academic affairs office or call the Student Help Line @ [protected]. They will do everything possible to help you with your situation, including contacting the receiving college to assist in resolving the issue.

Heald College — Full time/Part time status

Recently, I've had a storm of issues with the Salinas Heald and their attention to details regarding...

Heald Collegebiased instructors and staff

Another thing that I forgot to add in the previous complaint "unprofessional IT instructor", if Heald College has the Financial Resources to establish new programs such as Construction Management, Pharmacy Technician and so on, why cannot they institute just one class covering Macintosh Computers? They don't have to invest in a dozen iMac Computers, but rather the Mac mini's.

Even though Mac's only account for 10% of the market, they are still very widely used in University Settings, Professionals, and other areas as well. Myself and other IT Students have asked that a Macintosh Class be taught (one class), however we get the same response as usual; "Research It !!!" Research will not always be of help nor a consistent guidance for those interested in learning about Mac's. There has to be actual hands on involved so the student can apply the knowledge that was received during lecture and assignments.

As far as I can tell, this well never happen since the IT Program Director at the Campus I attended is so very Anti-Mac Biased !!! This is a very good example of an individual who is very arrogant, condescending, and not willing to be open to new areas of Technology.

• 0x
          0xicl33n Aug 29, 2012

Id hate to say it but I partly agree with the instructor. As a student who is looking at heald and other colleges. I can already tell you there won't be classes catering to Macs because the entire Mac operating system is ALREADY ALL OVER THE INTERNET. For free. It's called Unix. Not many people in the real IT industry use Macs because they are not flexible for real UNIX TYPE APPLICATIONS. It is a pain to get them to work like actual Linux computers. Linux is therefore preferred since it just works. Doesn't cost money. And is basically the cousin of Mac. If you want to learn Macs. Do it yourself. Try FreeBSD. Its what Mac os x is based on. the other reason is you won't have any idea how to do anything with Unix until you've used Linux...

Marlena Maloney Mar 13, 2012

I attended Heald College from August 2011 to January 2012. Then I was confronted by an instructor and a campus supervisor at Heald College in Concord, CA who practiced reverse discrimination towards me on in the Medical Billing and Coding course. So I approached Academic Affairs in Concord, CA and found out the educational institution is not a student friendly environment. The upper management approaches issues in a very legalistic manner only to cover their backs. They do not care about the successful completion of the students.

Here is an example of my e mail I sent to the director of academic affairs and never received a verbal reply. I only received a letter saying I couldn't come back to learn anything again at Heald College.
          My e mail to the director of Academic Affairs.

I apologize for not showing up to the planned meeting to discuss Ms. Young's extreme demeaning attitude towards as a student in the Health 101 and Health 102 course. An unfortunate event happened to me that landed me in the hospital and I was unable to make it to the meeting as we scheduled to address those concerns in a fair manner I expressed to you about in reference to Ms. Young's extreme undignified attitude while I was in the class.

I believe that Ms. Young has issues with certain individuals of a the white race who come to her class for instruction and she uses Ms. Barber to side with her in a way to make you think that Ms. Young does not have issues in her demeanor towards a certain select of students. Ms. Young and Ms. Barber are not being honest with you Mr. Kenny and are doing things on the Concord campus that your not aware of behind your back and are not being honest but very inappropriate when your not present to see how they are approaching issues Ms. Young has with her demeanor, attitude and characteristics Ms. Young displays towards students like myself.

Mr. Kenny I told you that Ms. Young was very hesitate to answer questions in class. I was approached with extreme hostile form of attitude a majority of the time when I tried to express myself, work with other students, ask questions in general related to the course material and move forward in class instruction to learn and finish class materials etc. But I was met with an extreme hesitance like Ms. Young was not going to share anything with me or answer any question honestly or share the correct method on purpose, but Ms. Young had a constant attitude like she was on a path to confuse me on purpose. Ms. Young had no patience whatsoever towards me and even yelled with a hasty smirk on her face like she enjoyed making me feel uncomfortable and intimidated me so I would be afraid to participate in class on any level to the point like Ms. Young had premeditated plan to make it impossible for me to pass the courses. Then during break she ran to retrieve Ms. Barber and lied to Ms. Barber both of which are an African American race then pulled me aside in a room where I was pushed against the wall with Ms. Young and Ms. Barber. Ms. Barber would ask me one thing and would not let me speak for myself while Ms. Young gave me rude looks of hatred towards me while Ms. Barber questioned me to the extreme and would not let me answer any question at all and I started to laugh at both of them, because I realized they were setting me up in a private room so they could cover for their own conveniences and get away with reverse discrimination towards me.

Mr. Kenny you have two employees Ms. Young and Ms. Barber who are not being honest with you, are hiding the truth to save their own backs. They are practicing reverse discrimination and did so behind your back and utilized preplanned methods away from your knowledge to get away with it and thwart the truth from you to make it seem like they did nothing whatsoever to cause such immature unprofessional-ism on the campus you manage and direct. Then when they did this they brought it to your attention at the last resort to make you believe them solely.
          Mr. Kenny you have been duped by your employees Ms. Young and Ms. Barber and it is quite obvious they are on a path to single out certain people of a certain race like mine to get away with segregated education methods. Ms. Young clearly displayed a character that made me feel like she did not what to share the correct methods to show me the instructions at all then brought Ms. Barber in and thwarted a message to her first then Ms. Barber went along with Ms. Young.

I have been attended colleges and educational facilities for over 25 years. I have never experienced such immature pettiness from instructors in the many years I have studied. Furthermore I come from a long line of family members who are career instructors themselves. I have witnessed my family members work at Duke University, Iowa State University, New York University, vocational instructional institutions and on the nation wide public school system levels and never once did I witness such a demeanor where they displayed a character like they enjoyed confusing their students to the point of making sure they would not understand the course from the beginning to the end.

Mr. Kenny I think you are smarter that this and you should not allow this to happen to anyone from any race or ethnic back ground to happen to anyone. I'm clearly embarrassed, humiliated and have extreme anxiety over this whole ordeal. I think there needs to be some corrective measures on the campus part to make sure your campus instructors and course supervisors don't continue to do this on a continued basis in the near future.

If I was a director of a well know educational institution like Heald College I would be jumping out of my office chair in 2 point five seconds as a upper manager would utilize my authority to make sure the employees know that they should not abuse their positions in their place of employment and cheat their bosses into believing their unethical practices in a reputable college then protect the students on all levels with a public apology.

Sincerely,

A Heald College Student

markbear Jan 19, 2011

I could not disagree with your statment anymore. The reason Heald doesn't offer Mac classes is the very same reason they don't offer Roman Architecture or a Poetry Degree program. There is no placement in those fields. As for Construction Management, the educational board is assuming construction will come back with a more eco friendly approach that will launch a new type of career within the industry starting a new housing boom after recession. I am sure Macs have their place, but Apple and companies that cater to their users do not automatically guarantee placement.Reality is that over 80% if not more of business are using Microsoft and PC. I would suggest moving over to San Francisco and see if you can find a MAC college there.

Heald Collegeunprofessional IT Intstructor

During my attendance in 2009 at Heald College. For the Final for one of my classes, we were required to give an Oral Presentation on any topic that is geared towards our major, for mines it was on "Mac OS X Snow Leopard".

When I had completed my oral presentation and was leaving the classroom, one of the IT Instructors I had the previous quarter raised his arm and pointed his finger at me and began to ridicule at me in a very loud unprofessional manner on the Visual Aid ( iMac Box ) I had brought in. He was doing this right in the middle of the hallway in front of other students as well. He also continued to state on how Mac's / Apple Products are complete crap & sh**ty products, etc ...

I felt completely disrespected and got very offended as well!!! What kind of an a**hole IT instructor would have the guts to do this to a student ???

If you have an absolute major problem with a Student who is a Mac User:
        1) you lack the knowledge nor even know a thing about Macs
        2) you are a complete biased idiot!
        3) you would rather enjoy insulting other Mac Users/making up your own facts and opinions about Apple products, in addition to encourage others to stay away from Mac's!
        4) you used a Mac for 5 seconds then gave up!

matlock1981 Oct 28, 2011

Question...If you favor Macs and Apple Products so damn much...then why the hell are you even enrolled into a PC support program in the first place? Second, why the hell did you perform an oral presentation on an Apple product within a Windows I.T. class?! You could have chose anything to perform an oral presentation on regarding I.T. products and you choose MAC/APPLE?...LOL

• At
            athomsfere Nov 16, 2010

I am interested in exactly what he said?
            Too many variables omitted to be able to make an assessment.

Being an IT professional, it is easy to not like Macs with their security issues, stability problems, lack of interoperability, enterprise support and worst of all their backwards UI... but that neither here nor there without additional information

Heald College — Expired Sodium Chloride

In our labs this past week we using expired 0.9% Sodium Chloride injections. We were not only injecting our...

Heald College — Unethical Practices with students and security

i have been a student at heald college for over a year now and have come to realize that the school is very...

Heald College — Complaint!

As of 2009, Heald College was purchased by Corinthian Colleges Inc, and they are now a for-profit...

Heald College — Scam on Student Loans

If you want to be a victim of (scam) attend Heald College.. This is the worst school. The instructors try to...

Heald College - Oakland, California — They lied to me

I attended the Oakland, CA Heald College (now closed) campus in [protected] and graduated with an AA in Legal...

Heald College — student loan

August 2008 i decided to go to school, i went over to Heald College, speaking with the financial aid adviser...

Heald College — Harassment by Teacher

This letter was sent toAssociate Director, Healthcare Programs. which they want me to change my schedule...

Heald College San FranciscoRude staff!

I have been with Heald College for over a year. My first quarter with them was HORRIBLE! Everyone there gave me wrong information! They call you all of the time when you miss class and speak to you as if you are their children. This school is horrible and have some of the rudest people I have ever met working for them. Dont go to this school, please! I encourage you to find another school.

• Le
              leslie c Oct 19, 2010

Yes, very rude people. I go to one here in Stockton, CA and they are so rude, they act like they don't know what is going with your student loans and stuff like that. I dislike the people at this school, it is a shame we have to get on here and write about the school, that we thought that our credits were transferable but they are not.. GET IN, GET OUT AND TRY TO FIND ANOTHER SCHOOL..This school is not about ###..

Heald College — Harassesed by the staff, no job placement, threaten they would take legal action against me

Heald College is very unprofessioal, they have low opinions about students. I graduated from Heald College in...

Heald Collegetheft

I am a retire college professor from a State accredit college. After I retire I taught two quarters at Heald "College". I quit after two quarters; the eduction quality is a joke at best. The cost to attend is outrageous -Heald charges more per year than the U C system charges. What Heald is stating that the units the students have taken at Heald will transfer to a State accredit college is 'iffy' at best. One thing Heald is an expert in doing is getting student loans. Why the government has not shut them down is beyond me.

• Sl
                slim33 Feb 18, 2014

@yll, That was a real professor that wrote that you dumb ###.. I really doubt you are even a professor from Sate accredit college.

• Li
                Lizzy_Kacie May 30, 2012

total and completely there with you on that

• Yl
                yll May 15, 2011

Professor123, I doubt that you are a retired professor. If you were, you wouldn't have written, "I am a retire college professor from a State accredit college." Heald has plenty of real problems. It doesn't need an impersonator to make up claims. If you are a student or former student, then you should come clean and tell your actual opinion.

Educator4life, the things you say about the recruited students are true.

• Ed
                educator4life Dec 10, 2010

I agree completely. Everything this person says is exactly true. They exist "for profit" and suck the government's teats, taking advantage of the system. They recruit "students" that haven't a chance of graduating...homeless, parolees, mentally challenged...all for the aim of getting the financial aid the government so foolishly subsidizes...they should be shut down...indeed, what a scam...

Heald College — Kicked out of Heald

I have been a student at Heald College since January 2007. Two weeks ago the new Quarter began and I had my...

Heald CollegeLifetime Career Placement

I decided to take Heald College up on their offer of lifetime career placement for alumni. What a joke! First the Heald location couldn't help me because they didn't offer my "program" at the school and I was advised to go to another Heald location. I wondered why this wasn't brought up during my e-mail communication with the placement counselor???? Hmmm. Why don't they network their placement system for maximum coverage? The current "system" sounds very antiquated to me. Then the career "counselor" said to me "you send your resume out like this" Emphasis on the words "like" and "this." She then told me that I was doing something wrong if I wasn't getting responses to my resume. HELLO. I honestly wondered if this 21 year old "career counselor" (no offense to 21 year olds) was sticking her head in the sand. California has one of the highest unemployment rates in the nation. This girl was out of touch.

I have an outstanding resume that has been critiqued by career placement professionals. There is no way this "career counselor" was going to tell ME what's what about my resume.

Looking for a job during a recession is very frustrating, but I don't need "professionals" (and I use that word loosely) at Heald College being unhelpful and condescending.

• Me
                  medasst Oct 19, 2012

Tigchicken--your not the only one. I just graduated Oct 2 and am still fighting to get my loans for the last 2 quarters. I finally got hold of a girl named Ryan at the Admin office in San Francisco and told her all I keep getting is that it is being processed, blah blah blah. She asked if I talked to the Director of Financial aid and I told her she only communicates through emails. Ryan called her and 30 mins later I get a phone call saying the processing center packaged me for another quarter and she will email them to go ahead and disperse my funds and cut me a check. This is after the director told me she put in a rush request 3 weeks ago for my funds. Guess what, she has been gone the last to days, So guess who I am calling again...Ryan.

tigchicken Sep 26, 2012

I have been having a problem with my financial aid for the past 5 quarters at the roseville campus. We are almost finished with the July 2012 quarter and I still don't have my financial aid package approved. I am wondering what to do, I am getting no answers from any one Can someone please help?

tinagregory82 May 22, 2012

I am still jobless and looking all on my own. I forgot to mention this

tinagregory82 May 22, 2012

I attended Heald College in Roseville, CA and I informed my career advisor that I was moving to Portland, OR. I was hopeful that she would know anything about contacting the school in Portland, but said that there was nothing she could do and good luck. Honestly, the only thing that she would fo for us is to send us job openings outlined like monster.com or let us know that work that was open we were not qualified for, but just a head's up. I then contacted the Portland campus and had some talkings with them while I was in California, but when I moved up here to Portland I emailed three people once or twice, but no response. The commercials need to stop and there should be some kind of compensation for us like not paying our student loans and paying a year compensation of what we could make in the job we went to school for.

Sandra Riley Nov 03, 2010

I'm in my 4th term as student and I was told by the financial aid office that I owe them 1700 in student loan. They want me to pay it ASAP! I was told by my admissions conselor that I'll pay the loans 6 mons. after graduation! What a scam!

• Mi
                  Mickey Jackson Aug 23, 2009

Heald is not respected. Don't waste your time or money. As for the accountability guy I bet you ten to one he or she works for heald. I hope the students they con bring a class action law suit against them and win. HEALD IS A SCAM.

Heald College — False Information

Heald College is a joke! After attending school for three quarters and 10, 000 dollars worth of debt, I have...

Heald Business College — Fraud/humiliation/discrimination

To whom it may concern: My name is Tishay Wright. I am a student at Heald Business College, in Hayward. I...