Damelin Correspondence College [DCC] Logo

Damelin Correspondence College [DCC]

Having problems with Damelin Correspondence College [DCC]?

+27 860 616 161 (DCC Student Consultant)
+27 117 492 000 (Benoni Branch)
+27 117 122 556 (Johannesburg Branch)
+27 123 529 111 (Pretoria Branch)
+27 178 112 100 (Ermelo Branch)
+27 137 522 400 (Nelspruit Branch)
+27 136 925 401 (Witbank Branch)
+27 214 241 649 (Cape Town Branch)
+27 437 264 291 (East London Branch)
+27 415 850 922 (Port Elizabeth Branch)
+27 313 749 750 (Durban Branch)
+27 363 525 748 (Estcourt Branch)
+27 333 451 664 (Pietermaritzburg Branch)
+27 514 308 030 (Bloemfontein Branch)
+27 587 131 343 (Phuthaditjhaba Branch)
+27 152 914 323 (Polokwane Branch)
+264 61 308 834 (Windhoek Branch, Namibia)
PO Box 31001, Braamfontein, 2 Melle Street
Johannesburg
South Africa - 2017

Complaints & Reviews

No response about my refund

STUDENT NUMBER - 442853 - I am getting no response from damelin correspondence - I have sent so many emails as to when to expect my money but the last i heard from them was in April and we now in July!

I WANT TO KNOW WHEN I CAN EXPECT THE MONEY PLEASE!

I've emailed:
Charne.[protected]@icg.edu.za, shakir.[protected]@icg.edu.za, [protected]@dcc.edu.za, [protected]@damelin.edu.za

and none of the above are responding - i understand its COVID 19 delays - however its impossible to not respond for almost 3 months now!!

Refund

Name of the school: DAMELIN CORRESPONDANCE COLLEGE

Name of the victim: CEBILE PRISCA JIYANE
Student number: 434868
Course registered for: Higher Diploma Accounting

On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 I sent a formal request to Damelin Correspondance College to advise that I would like to deregister and I stated the reasons.
I was requested to send the necessary information for the college to process my deregistration, which I did.
I then got confirmation from the college that my deregistration request has been approved and that I will be getting a refund of the monthly tuition fee that I had been paying. They indicated that they will deduct a 11% fee on that refund which I was fine with.

To date I have not received the refund in question and a few months ago I found out that the college had blacklisted me. Which affected my credit score so badly?

I contacted them and they rectified the blacklisting and I was cleared, however I have been following up regarding the refund and no one is responding nor acknowledging my emails.

I am hoping you could intervene and assist so that I get the refund due to me since 2017.

Yours faithfully

Signature

Unethical behavior

I applied to Damelin in February 2020 at the Cape Town Mowbray branch. Upon registration, I had asked the consultant whether it would be possible to register in Cape Town then transfer to Johannesburg (as I was in Cape Town at the time) and she informed me that it was possible to do so. As a result, I applied, paid for a semester, and when I got to the Johannesburg - Boksburg - branch they told me that they do not offer the course. Thereafter, the consultant no longer assisted me and would not grant me a refund. I went all over the different Johannesburg branches and no one was able to assist me. I receive monthly messages from the Damelin accounts department demanding their next payment whereas I have not even received the service which I have paid for. I have contacted numerous people from different departments and no one has been able to assist me to either change courses, get a refund or de-register. I feel that I have wasted an entire academic year and that I have been sold an unavailable service.
The consultant was Lauren-Lee van Vuuren (Cape Town) and I also spoke to Gopaulkrishna Reddy as well as Pauline Magolego (Johannesburg - Boksburg)

Awaiting refund since march 2020

Dcc/443554/refund
I applied for the matric course for my daughter in 3 february 2020; I made the full payment off r6050.00 on that day. I struggled to get my daughter registered with damelin even though I made the full payment until the 27/2/2020. I then requested for the cancellation of mathematics because I could not wait until damelin decided to register her she needed to get to work immediately. I have all my emails that I sent to various agents at damelin and I only reached a dead end with all of them. I am in the process of logging a complaint with che because of the negligence of your agents and how I was treated.
People I spoke to and emailed: damian pillay; ismaeel jacobs; craiz aziz, leaticia swartz, dcc support;
From phillip slatter I got no response.

No provision of required resources & no directive during level 3 lockdown

1. Short Programme on Sound Ingeneering Practice : There are no computers & related resources for each student for practicals. Teacher- centered approach which is dominated by narratives & demonstrations. There are no computer related practicals for students.

2.No directive for classses at level 3 lockdown allowing 50 people gathering as allowed by Government.
N.G Sibisi

Exam results for 2018

My student number is 423833

I wrote exams in November 2018 for NQR-62 and the results are still outstanding.I started queryibg about my results since February 2019.I have sent numerous emails to DCC SUPPORT and they have been telling me that "their exams department is busy investigating.So my query has been under investigation for almost 18 months.I have resently sent an e mail advising them that my enrollment with them ends on the 30 May 2020.

They don't take my query seriously beccause they srnt me an email on the 30 April 2020 ...advising me that they will only provide me with feedback once the lockdown is over.This lockdown is not gonna come to an end anytime soon .

Join me expose damelin correspondence (billed and listed on credit bureau for control test I dindt write) cancelled my studies - I dont owe dcc

Help me expose damelin correspondence (justice for our money)-poor service delivery (biggest scammmers)

hey I also have problems with damelin

And I am sick and tired been complaining and took the matter to helo petter sent emails etc but no help so I am gathering all students I am writting a letter to special assignemt, eff, twitter, daily sun, sunday times, special asignment department of education etc I need to gather evidence I am going to expose dcc please email me your story

[protected]@gmail.com or watssap or call me [protected]

If you know more student being abused by damelin please share my details

We are all used by damelin correspondence college no service delivery we pay alot money some of us cancel but no help, late results all they know is to list us on credit bureau

Non-issuing of certificate for local government finance

I've registered a qualification 'Certificate in Local Government Finance' with DCC in 2012 and copleted the qualification succefully in 2018. However since then i did not receive my certificate or any communication in that regard.

Sequence of Events:

- on the 8th February 2019, i sent an email to DCC requesting clarification on the processes i should follow in requesting my certificate said qualification.
- on the very same day of the 8th, DCC responded by emailing an ''Award Request Form'' for completion and submision to the college
- on the 18th February 2019, i returned a completed Award Request Form to DCC but there was no respond to that effect
- on the 3rd March 2019, i made a follow-up on the form but there was no respond
- on the 4th September 2019 i made another follow-up and again there was no respond until to date.

all i need is for Damelin to foward my certificate as a matter of urgency bcos i don't owe them a single cent.

MY PERSONAL INFORMATION ARE:
Names: Hendrick Babsy Diphofa
Student No.: 410923
Cell No. [protected]
Email address: [protected]@gmail.com / [protected]@thembisilehanilm.gov.za

Student no 426092

College, I paid the deposit in november and we agreed with the consultant that was helping that 1st deduction would be on the 25th of january 2016, but to my surprise the was a deduction in decein 2015 I decided to register with damelin college, I paid the deposit in november and we agreed with the consultant that was helping that 1st deduction would be on the 25th of january 2016, but to my surprise the was a deduction in december 2015 and at the time i'm still waiting for study material of which I never received, I tried to call several times with no luck, I ended deciding to cancel the course because I wasn't happy with the poor service, of which the process also took forever it was approved on the 12th of october 2018, but to my surprise till to day on the credit berrow I owe damelin r18711 and its affecting me negatively, please update your records and clear my name mber 2015 and at the time i'm still waiting for study material of which I never received, I tried to call several times with no luck, I ended deciding to cancel the course because I wasn't happy with the poor service, of which the process also took forever it was approved on the 12th of october 2018, but to my surprise till to day on the credit berrow I owe damelin r18711 and its affecting me negatively, please update your records and clear my name

No refund received after 90 days

I applied for a course with damlein about in August 2019.I overpaid for the course with 2805 extra. I requested for a refund on 27 Nov 2019. I was advised that it takes 3 months to process a refund. I was adcised that i would receive my refund on the 13 March 2020. To date i have not received my refund and no one can provide or give me a reason why. I have emailed and called them numerous of times but with no luck.

• Mo
    [email protected] Jun 02, 2020

Hey I also have problems with damelin

[email protected] or watssap or call me 064215200

If you know more student being abused by damelin please share my details

We are all used by damelin no service delivery we pay alot money some of us cancel but no help, late results all they know is to list us on credit bureau

I have been waiting for a refund on overpaid money for over 6 months and no one can tell me what is going on and why it is taking this long

I have been waiting since last year October for damelin to refund over paid money to me . After 6 months no one can still give me a clear answer or explain why something so simple takes this long. Also the service I have received is sub standard and it seems like a customer complaining is taken as a joke in your institution. I have emailed the teamleader and the manager of these departments but still there has been no improvement in service and it seems even for them this is acceptable.

• Updated by Venon · Mar 23, 2020

After 6 months I am still waiting for my refund from damelin, the service I have received along with the answer from their team leader, supervisors and mangers is really sub standard and it seems like my complaint is taken as a joke to this company. I am still waiting for a answer on the issue and no progress has been made. Also the communication from damelin staff is poor they answer if they feel like it and then they dont even have a proper answer. This has by far been the worst customer experience in my life and still I am struggling and fighting to get back what legally belongs to me.

Results

I have trying since January to get my results from Damelin Correspondence College and they cannot provide me with a full academic record. i submitted all my assignments and wrote all my exams however they cannot locate my previous exams and assignments that was submitted on the same day other assigntments which i received results on . out of 7 assignments that was submitted last year all on the same day i only received results for 5 and to date i have not received my results for those two assignments i have contacted the damelin correspondence college on [protected] and [protected] and everyone i spoke to advised that they will investigate, it has been months now and still no feedback, all i need is my results for my two assignments and the exam i wrote in 2017 which they cannot provide me with, Damelin promotes higher education for others however staff is not on a competent level to do their jobs and their customer service is pathetic.

Refund

After submitting assignments from February 2019 until August 2019 I could not get any of them marked. I could not write November exams as nothing was marked. After so many emails and endless phone calls to them I was told they never received anything. We get response emails so that claim was bogus.

Long story short I submitted paperwork to cancel in September 2019.
Craig Aziz and Charne Swartz. This cancellation was accepted after Charne not doing her job properly. Craig assured me all would be paid in 90 days and Charne would be in disciplinary hearings.

In December I was told it was 90 working days not just days. It is now 12 March 2020. It is long passed 90 working days.
I am getting no response from the college. Craig refuses to take my calls and his new excuse is he cannot give me a date.
Contact me on [protected].
Student number 440392

Tarryn

Exam results for 2018 still outstanding

Student number 423833.I wrote exams in November 2018, I wrote 4 subjects and when the results came out in February 2019 only 2 subjects were listed on statement of results. I started querying this from February 2019 till to date this matter has not been resolved. I have sent numerous e-mails, made numerous phone calls .

In November 2019
I wrote 1 subjects ans still the results are incomplete Assignment marks are still missing hence DCC sent me my assignment marks via SMS all of a sudden the marks have dissappeared.

I have dealt with a number of consultants with regards to my queries.

2001 bachelors of commerce in information management (obu) cover up/fraud/fake/derelict of duty

In 2000 Damelin offered a course recognized by Oxford Brookes university in the UK in error. (104 affected individuals according to OBU). They were aware that OBU terminated the contract with Damelin, yet continued to offer the course and see it through to completion. The details around the deal that Educor/Damelin arranged with OBU is shrouded in secrecy to the say the least. It seems that Damelin at the time never had the authority to issue a NQF level 7 qualification, yet one associated with OBU. The very document I posses is vastly different in comparison to what was issued to other affected individuals. This entire issue was simply just swept under the rug.
The last transcripts I requested was in 2009, then again in 2018 for an international position and to have my certifications validated international
However. Damelin/Educor insists that there have been numerous database issues regarding 'certain' individuals since the company 'changed hands' in 2008, and now refuse to acknowledge that I even completed the course, let alone provide me with transcripts.

Excerpt: (last communication with current registrar)

Your email communication of 20 June 2019 has reference.
You are aware that I have communicated with you on this matter previously. The critical factor in
this matter that I highlighted to you in my email of 10 June 2019 is captured in the excerpt from my
email:
" The reason why i requested the above is that the database of Damelin Port Elizabeth at the time
of your indicated completion of the degree, that is 2003, does not reflect any qualification issued
to you at the time or thereafter. Your name does appear in the database, against an identification
number of ##########, incidentally against the same id number of another person named
####, but with a different surname.
The dilemma is that the current Company of Educor acquired Damelin Brand of Campuses only as
from 2008, and although the complete database of the previous owner was ostensibly transferred to the current Company, your complete academic record does not reflect. Unfortunately, it would be unlawful for me to issue a statement of the completion of a
qualification without the authentic academic records." My suggestion is that you have the original copies of your certificate and result statements verified
as true copies of the original and present these for purposes of recognition. The closest I can get to
some form of confirmation, although not real verification in terms of the legal definition, is to state
that the documents in your possession appear to be authentic. Your original degree certificate, inter
alia, declares that the BCom you completed, " is equivalent to an honours", a declaration which is
not only not valid, but also expressed in a questionable manner as the adjective of honours is meant,
in the South African higher educational sector, to be referring to an honours degree. An honours
degree on the National Qualifications Framework is discernibly on a higher NQF level than a bachelor
degree.

diploma in business management and computer skills

I completed my Diploma in Business Management and Computer Skills in August 2002 at Damelin Computer School in Newcastle. I have been trying to contact or get assistant from their office. Their offices is closed and no ones knows where they moved too. I have tried to get assistance from other Damelin institutions, no one can help.I am trying to get My Subject Results from the collage

Please assist

Vukile Maseko
vukile.[protected]@liquidtelecom.co.za
[protected]@gmail.co.za
[protected]

not able to log into student portal

Student no 443068
I have applied and paid fees in Nov 2019 for Electrical Engineering Course
Still can not access the student portal because something is wrong with my password and email
It must be reset - as simple as that!!!

Sibongile Thusi |Student Advisor - in total I have send 32 emails asking for assistance. NO Reply

I have phoned numerious times and got a voice mail answer

I have spoken on website with a lady online - to no avail gave me the same tel no...

PLEASE HELP me !

refund

I registered for a course at damelin East London in January 2019 in which I paid in full. I was told the...

I have send plenty of emails to damelin regarding my refund of my registration fee but they have not replayed or assisted me in any way.

I registered on the 13 January 2020.
I want a refund for my registration fee but i have not been assisted in any way.
I look forward to your reply and please assist me as soon as possible because i have been trying to contact yourll, but everything went in vain .
I'm really disappointed.
Your are not replying to my emails.
[protected]@gmail.com

I am trying to cancel my studies with damelin since last year 22 july 2019

Good all, I have requested that damelin cancel my studies as I was not receiving any service from them ever...