Tj Max / missing child

Amherst, NH, United States Review updated:
I was at T J max today, 11/08/08, around 4:00 pm to about 5:00 pm at 590 Amherst St. Nashua, with my four children, when in 60 seconds my 3 year old was missing i went to the front of the store and told costumer service to make sure they stay at the front door to make sure no one left with a 3 year old with a green shirt and blue jeans and blonde hair. The lady acted a little concerned, but continued with her purchase, she didn't even say over the loud speaker that a little boy was missing, and didn’t send and employee to search for him, or locked the doors for no one to leave the store . At this point, as well as you know it only takes seconds for someone to leave the store with your child I was very concerned in T J Max's procedures. Your employee's should of know better on how to react in a situation like this.

Comments

Mo
  8th of Nov, 2008
Since you have 4 children START WATCHING THEM. It is not our fault you feel overburdened. Be a better parent, use birth control etc. Stop blaming stores and others for your own shortcomings.
Mo
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
It's not their responsibility to lock their store doors and search for your child. You should have been holding his hand or had him in a cart upon entering the store.
Sh
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I disagree, Tiffany H must either a) never had children, or b) must have been extremely blessed to have had the most perfect children ever created. Unless a parent is being negligent this situation can happen to anyone. I have 2 children and no it has never happened to me, but I know it can happen in an instant. I work for a large retailer and this is a common occurrence. We have in place a "Code Adam" alert that our operators announce over the intercom with a brief description (in a NON identifying manner) of the child. This alerts employees immediately to look for the child, but to watch all exits to make sure no one tries to exit with the child. We are all trained what to do in this situation. I think T J Max should definitely review this and hopefully this Mom has alerted the Store Manager as well as their Corporate Headquarters.
Mi
  14th of Jun, 2009
I agree with Tiffany H, it's not the store's responsibility to babysit your child while in the store. They have to run a business. Yes, it would've been nice for the clerk to watch the store, but amongst watching the store, customers, your child, etc... things may get a bit frazzled for her. I would not announce on the loud speaker the description of the child, for the sake of the crazy predators that may have been in the store and prey on kids. Thank goodness the child was found; but I don't think it's worth a complaint to file to the store headquarters because you misplaced your child... and yes, i am a parent. Also, maybe speaking with headquarters about adding code adam would be nice, but again, i wouldn't complain without a solution because the parent wasn't watching her child.
Sa
  10th of Jul, 2014
How about taking responsibility and not neglecting your child Honestly it is parents like you who need to be reported to CPS.

TJX / T.J. Maxx Logo TJX / T.J. Maxx