The Brick / moffat dryer not in stock

1 scarborough, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 416 7075204

Purchased a moffat washer and dryer invoice #031494k0089001 the items were not in stock. I kept calling to find out when they would be ready; customer service informed me to check back within a couple weeks. I received a call; but I was going away so I asked her if it is ok to have them picked up within 3 weeks. She adviced me it would be no problem. I didnot hear from the brick within that time so I decided to call and see if I can have my washer and dryer delivered upon me paying the balance owing. At that time after over 1 hour wait on the phone from going back and forth I was told that the invoice is cancelled.
I was rather disappointed to hear that. I told her that I need my washer and dryer that I paid down on. I didnot receive no calls re: order cancelled. The customer service rep contacted a Roy Morgan who decided to assist in this matter. Mr. Morgan asked me to come and see him at William Kitchen Drive Brick store and they will work out something for me to get the appliances without any more money to be paid. I insisted on that because this was no fault on my part. Upon arriving at the store a second invoice was made for me with a substitute without my knowledge. It was a BBXR473EH which happens also not to be in stock. The supervisor Duane was not able to accomodate after spending about 2hrs in the store. He told me that I need to pay over $100.00 to get another dryer. Can you please assist me on this matter. I have purchased many items from the brick in the past; my son also worked for the brick through an agency that shows you how much I value you the brick. Look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Comments

• Se
      17th of Jul, 2009

I'll just let you know a little bit about how these companies work. In order to get any of the products you order you need to put full money down. Not a portion. Store managers do not like to bring items down from the distribution center on partial payments.

Back in the day they used to not charge the stores for shipped product until the customer payed for it. Unfortunately due to so many people giving the stores the run around (ordering then cancelling) the cost of shipping it there and back and there and back just got a little rediculous and found it wasn't worth it for dishonest or indecisive customers.

So to put it simply they don't ship items not payed in full in fear that you will cancel. They have to eat the cost of that(in this case) moffat dryer if it got shipped then cancelled. And I'm not saying you would do that..but many people in the past have done this to these companies and essentially screwed them over(it's the same reason most places don't take checks anymore). It's just not good buisness so they stopped doing it. And this is the exact reason why the "restocking" fee came in to play as well. It was put out there for customers who give these stores the run around.

As for your invoice number as much as I would like to help you I have no access to that invoice. Only management has that. And realistically your best bet is to go to the original store that you purchased it from. However I will copy it down and see if there's anything I can swing from my end of things.