Furniture Connexion

North Portland Warehouse
2130 NE Argyle St., Portland, OR 97211

Complaints & Reviews

Warranty

I have an issue with a couch that I bought for my daughter when she moved out. I'm being told that it's not coverd under warranty because the invoice has my address and...

No Service

I bought a U4570 sectional (floor model) at the Gresham location (now closed), and the salesman informed me during purchase that the frame was under warranty for life which he said was equivalent to 7 years for couches. Immediately after delivery the middle frame begins groaning as though it was damaged, so I contacted customer support. They refused to help with the problem; told me that my floor model was an as-is sale and that the salesman had lied to me about the warranty on it but they weren't going to do anything about it. Way to back up your products, Furniture Connexion. Do not buy furniture here.

• Ju
    Julie FC Jul 11, 2014

Furniture Connexion's Response:
    Dear Matt Gr,
    We're very sorry to hear you had issues with your sectional. It's been a while since this was posted so unfortunately we don't know who you spoke with at our company. Salespeople are trained to sell Floor Model sales "As Is". There may have been a mis-communication or an error on our part. Floor Models are sold "As Is" due to the fact they have been used by the public. Floor samples may also have imperfections, and due to the imperfections, are sold at a significant discount. Because it is not new product, and sold at a significant discount, the usually warranties don't apply. We apologize for any mis-communication or unintended misrepresentation. We stand behind our quality product and hope you'll give us another chance.
    Sincerely,
    Furniture Connexion

Poor customer service

I paid for a sectional and ottoman in September 2011. I'm very disgusted to say I'm still waiting for my ottoman and it is now January 2012. I was told the ottoman was on back order and it would be about 4-6 weeks before I could come pick it up. After 4 weeks, (mid-October) I called Furniture Connexion to check the status. At that point I was told it would be an additional 4 weeks. I was a little disappointed but it was acceptable being only a couple more weeks. Come mid-November I called again. I was told check back December 15th. I was told there was a "fabric shortage." I called again after December 15th and still no ottoman. The worker I spoke with on the phone told me it's the holidays and the ports were closed that one day due occupy Portlanders?! I'm out $300 on this Chinese manufactured ottoman and they give me nothing but crappy excuses. Now I'm supposed to check back on the 20th of this month. It's been 4 months and still no ottoman. In addition, the quality of the sectionl is poor. Cushions are showing wear already. I have Good Will couches in my family room that are over 15yrs old and are holding their shape better. After I get this ottoman or my money back I will never purchase another piece of "furniture" from the Furniture Connexion as long as I live and neither will my friends, family, or co-workers.

• Ka
    Kazazakat Jan 06, 2018

I had a much different CS experience with the store. In fact their response to me was exceptional when 2 pieces of my leather furniture purchase had problems. One piece was beyond manufacturer warranty or the service of the optional insurance through Guardsman that I wouldn't buy again but they actually replaced a leather chair without charge. I had to do the footwork to go to the store to exchange but for a new chair to replace a material defect on my old one was above and beyond what I expected. On a previous CS problem with a different piece of the same set that was covered by the optional Guardsman that we had damage on after purchase from a pet Guardsman was refusing to do the work. FC's CS people went to work on Guardsman. The next day a upholstery repair service called me and said they would be out the next day to repair. No charge.

Everyone's experience with business customer service varies but my experience was really above and beyond what I expected.

Full of Deception

I feel like they were highly deceiving to me. When I entered the show room the sales rep introduced him self and immediately seemed fishy. We started looking around the warehouse...