The Brick / slow delivery / damaged product

1 Caplan AvenueBarrie, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 705-721-4106

I purchased $15, 000 in furniture/appliances from the brick. Here are the problems I encountered.

1) Matresses - Plastic corners fell off, big staples hanging there. Dropped off the box spring and matress in the plastic and made me unwrap and set-up a king size and queen size bed all by myself. (Not too easy for a small woman just recovering from back surgery.)

2) Dishwasher - wrong model delivered. I thought right away it was the wrong one, but I installed it anyway because the box and the inside of the appliance had the right number. Found out that the front door was from a different model than the rest of it. Way strange.

3) Stove - took 7 weeks to arrive. And there are four dints in the front near the bottom. But I am too tired to call the store and complain after waiting so long for it.
The delivery guys also left a small hole in the hardwood floor when they put it down.

4) Washer/Dryer - One of the pedestals has a faulty drawer latch. They are coming to exchange it on Wednesday.

5) Fridge - Delivery guys rolled it on the hardwood floor and I have lines there now.

6) I recived my first bill. It was $2, 000 more than it should have been. An extra charge for something was on it. I called and was told it was an internal adjustment and there was a credit on my account the following day. The lady was really rude, like I shouldnt bother her for receiving a bill that is $2k too high. Rude rude rude.

7) I opened a new account with the brick to purchase all the items for my new house. They delivered all my furniture to the new house but sent the credit card to my old apartment building. Idiots I think! They had to cancell the original number and issue a new card. Still waiting for it weeks later. i wonder where they sent it this time.

8) The delivery guys left me with all the boxes for all the above appliances. Do you have any idea how hard it is to break down a fridge box ??? And how many weeks it took me of putting a little out for the trash pick up?

9) The stove and dryer were both gas and I wanted to have one service call to get them hooked up. Well my washer and dryer sat at the top of my stairs for 7 weeks until the stove showed up. Maybe finally now I can have some clean clothes and eat something non-microwaveable.

10) Customer service leaves you on hold for like 20 minutes and then hangs up on you. Gets irritated when you call back because dont I know they are too busy to deal with phone calls on Saturdays.

Wow...baffling beyond belief. the brick...NEVER AGAIN

Comments

• Su
      10th of Nov, 2008

The Brick is always cheating customer. I got the trouble from the furniture and even from the bill. Please be very careful when dealing with them, otherwise they will add extra charge without your authorization such as Payment Protection Plan and etc.

I cannot say this is a bad company, but their sales person is really bad. In my mind, if it is a well operated company, you would not get such troubles.