Telus Communications / not advised of non refundable policy
October 20, 2017 @ 2pm at Eastgate Square, Hamilton, ON
We were requesting a prepaid plan for my mother to use on an phone from a different carrier. Employee said we would need to pay for Sim card and he informed us that paying for a one year of prepaid plan was a better option, which we decided to do. After the transaction of $135.60 he pops open the back of the phone and says the current Sim card is for Fido and not compatible. I asked for a refund of the $135.60 and he then told us that the payment of $100 for the prepaid plan was not refundable. This was not mentioned at the time of the transaction.
We asked to see the manager who then informed us, in front of other customers, that we did know about the non refundable and agreed to it.
We had never spoken with the manager until this time. We did not at any time know of the non refundable policy nor were we told about it in advance. If we had been we certainly would not agree to spending over $100 on a "chance". We were told by Harry M. (the acting manager) again in front of other customers that it was our problem.
More Telus Communications Complaints & Reviews
- Telus Mobility - very, very unhappy customer! 
- Telus/Easy PC plan - false advertising and overcharging 
- Telus Mobility - deceptive cancellation charges 
- Telus Mobility - do not consider telus mobility! 
- Telus - misleading advertising 
- Telus Communications - customer service
- Telus Communications - making fraud activity on my website
- Telus Communications - cell phone
- Telus Communications - 7 month recurring issue
- Telus Communications - internet service availability in edgewood bc