Telus Communications / internet service availability in edgewood bc

1 Canada Review updated:

Our small community is being monopolized by The Edge Internet which had prohibited Telus from bringing high speed to our village. I understand they had a 5 year contract to keep Telus out and that they have reapplied for yet another 5 years. The past was not such a big deal as the speed didn't vary that much but new towers in the area have made Telus appealing to many who are currently held hostage by The Edge. I am willing to post a petition as the community is not happy with our current system. I did contact the Ombudsman but they don't handle this kind of grievance.
Please get back to me asap as I understand the new negotiations have been submitted.
I have been trying to call CCTS but the line is always busy.
I hope you can help as it would be to your benefit also so have Edgewood as a consumer of your technology.
Sandra Flynn
[protected]

An
Apr 3, 2018

Comments

• Pa
      12th of Jul, 2018

In my time in Canada I was shocked at how badly the corporations treat their customers and the cable companies were among the worse offenders. Telus and Shaw being the principle wrong doers. But all of the corporates seem to be immune to criticism and above the law when it comes to consumer rights. Look at the story above were the lady states that the ombudsman wouldn't intervene in her complaint. That's because he has no teeth and dare I say it corruption looms large in corporate Canada and you all accept it. How do I know of this corruption, well for one I am a CEO and was shocked at the common practices in Canadian business and was a principle reason for quitting the country and returning to the EU. However, your problems in Canada are to be laid squarely at the feet of Canadian society at large. Don't get me started on the massive insurance scam run by the province of BC. were no competition is allowed. How is that not communism?