Target Brands

Posted: Apr 17, 2017 by

target extended appliance and electronics department

Miami, Fl, United States
target.com
to whom it may concern,

On 11/29/2014 I bought a 50 inch LED Samsung Television with the following serial number: Z5HU3CBFA10791E, and Model Number: UN50EH5000FXZA, i also purchased additional appliance insurance provided by Target for the amount of the cost of purchase of the product. the identification number for the additional guarrantee is #T1101265510. I made this purchase at DADELAND TARGET on 11/29/2014. Please see receipt attached.

I contacted the number listed on the extended warrantee on March 9th 2017. There was a power outage that had burned the power surge that I had the television connected to. when I called, I was advised ( very nicely by the way) that I would need to send my television to their repair location and that my television was still under the warrantee which I had paid at the time of purchase. well within 9 months left before the warrantee (extended) is due to expire. I was told that if it could not be repaired I would receive an equal replacement instead. Unfortunately, on the way from my home to the repair location for target, I was contacted and told that my television would not be fixed because there appeared to be a crack and the led screen was cracked and this was something that the warrantee would not cover. I continued to speak to the target representative and I was advised that I had responsible for the crack on the screen and I explained that I had not cracked my television and it would not turn on for me after the woper surge. I had tried it at another power outlet at home and the television would not turn on. so how was it possible that the television had a crack and the extended warrantee would not cover this. when I asked if the target service location had verified with the UPS drop off if my television might have fallen or something might have happened on the way to them, the person at the service location assumed and accused me of the mishap and stated that I had fabricated the story of the television and therefore I couldnt send the television back for repairs.

when I asked to speak to a supervisor or representative to explain why I was not responsible and there should be an investigation, I was left on hold for over 30 minutes and then I was hung up on. i tried to call and again I was falsely accused of the problem with my television. about 80 percent of my appliances have been purchased at the target location closest to me and or online. I have always purchased additional warrantees and have never had to use the warrantee and my appliances have worked great!, until this incident.

I am disappointed that I was not given the opportunity to speak to a representative that would not blatantly accuse me of destroying my own property. I dont think I will purchase electronics or appliances from target any time soon.

To resolve the problem, I would appreciate your attention and try to replace my item as I have paid for the exclusive extended warranty that the target brand provided. and explain to your customers what it does cover and not accuse your loyal clients of forging information in order to avoid having to replace an item that could have easily been replaced without a problem given the fact that warranty was purchased for the item. Enclosed are copies of my records [receipt and warrantee) concerning this purchase/repair.

I look forward to your reply and a resolution to my problem. I will wait for 30 days before seeking third-party assistance. Please contact me at the above address or by phone (305.812.6712)

Sincerely,

Laura Flores

Target Brands

Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country United States Complaint category Consumer Electronics

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree