Menu
Target
reviews & complaints

Target
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

702 complaints
185 resolved 517 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Target. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
ADVERTISIMENT

Target - returned item sold as new

I buy a radio from Target it's the pioneer radioemployee never looked in box neither did I. Now I paid 80 dollars for this radio I get out to my truck start the install an it's not the radio I have paid for its a radio that someone returned an Target never checked the *** box they just put it back on the shelf so someone like me gets *** an they tell me there is nothing I can do because the serial numbers do not match I'm like well no *** *** they dont match it's not the product it says it is anyway I get no refund an no product I just lost 80 bucks prettyangry.

1 comment
W
Sep 20, 2014 3:15 am

What's the full name of (target...) company before i'll add (how i was burned by it)? Thank you Javad [protected]

Z
10:57 am

Target - confrontational team member

A target team member (Justin) was yelling at me because I asked for help with my cartwheel app. I was in line hoping to get the discount on the items I had scaned. Justin kept saying there was nothing he can do if I wanted to purchase the items to do so otherwise get out of line. The person on the register scanned my items. Justin came to the register told the cashier to suspend my purshase justin then pulled my cart told me to go with him where he then continued to get upset with me as I kept telling him I know there is a way to help me he then gave me a 3 dollar apology cupon adding this is more than what you scanned for I just wanted to go home

F
1:40 pm

Target - so unprofessional

I was recently hired for a deli position with this company and jumped at the opportunity. Unfortunately, I am extremely disappointed with the hiring process and the way I was treated after. Firstly, I waited to be interviewed for over an hour. When I came back for a scheduled orientation, my paperwork wasn't even ready. Thankfully, I was allowed to stay for orientation. That was on a Thursday. After multiple attempts at getting in touch with hr to obtain my actual work schedule, I was finally allowed back the next week on a Friday, an entire week later! And that was only after I had to call the store over and over for days. I was still not on the schedule for whatever reason! Again, I was allowed to stay. Hr's own Sherreka tharps and Emily Hughes are ridiculously rude! I was so thrown off by Sherraka's rudeness so early in the morning! She was very unpleasant. She was upset with me because I am not able to work at the crack of dawn at 5am. I am on public transportation and I definitely explained this during the interviewing process! I would have not wasted their time or mines if i was aware I'd be asked to work at 5 in the morning! I was only asked how late I could work, not how early! The northlake super target in charlotte, Nc is extremely unprofessional. After meeting the deli team and completing a few modules on the computer I was abruptly asked to come with Emily Hughes. She took me, not to an office for privacy, but to the hallway of the back room just to ask for my apron, hat, and name tag. I was so embarrassed. I cried. she said if i wasn't able to work at 5 in the morning, I couldn't work at their store. I begged to work in another dept but she refused. I don't understand if this was a personal issue but I don't know these people from a can of paint. This company boasts about friendly service and a friendly work environment but I definitely did not experience this. I'm definitely rethinking shopping at target. I won't forget this horrible experience.I know I'll never set foot in that particular target.

K
6:55 am

Target - refusing to return 2% deposit

I signed up for a property deal with Robert Stones from Target Markets back in July 2012. The deal promised a fully furnished, fully managed property in the South West of France with a total input value of 2% of the property value. I handed over 2% which was over 6, 000 Euros and then waited for the mortgage application to be requested. Robert assured me in writing that if the mortgage was unsuccessful for any reason then the 2% deposit would be returned. I waited for 2 years without being asked for any paperwork for the mortgage and then Robert informed me that he had cancelled the deal! He gave no warning whatsoever! When I asked for the return of my deposit he refused! This man cannot be trusted in any way whatsoever. He takes your money for false deals and then uses pathetic excuses in order to try to keep it. I recommend NEVER dealing with this person or this company.

11:35 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I recently went into target in Des Moines Iowa, meral hay mall, I believe the north target. While shopping with my husband for movies on his birthday. We noticed a bigger man watching us. At first we didn't think anything of it until he stared at us continuously. I then got uncomfortable and went to look for pillows for our home while my husband continued...

S
10:45 am

Target - debit card refund

I returned an item to the Target Eagle Creek store on 6/14/14. I checked my bank account today and realized that I still had not been refunded yet. I called the store and was told that they had computer issues that weekend and that I would have to come back in if I wanted to get a refund and that there was only one lady that could help me. If I don't go in, no refund, even though they already have my item and I have a receipt showing that they will be refunding my money. I was irate! I called corporate and eventually got transferred to a gentleman named Mark. He was able to process the refund over the phone and stated that he showed nothing on his end. Thank goodness for him but that is ridiculous that I would even have to call corporate to get my money refunded. I love Target but am seriously starting to reconsider shopping there.

1 comment
Jun 24, 2014 3:36 pm

Good thing Mark took care of the problem so that you didn't have to make a complaint on-line... ?

C
12:31 pm

Target - cancelled game pre-order

Target backed-out of the pre-order price they offered on a PS3 game by cancelling my pre-order two months before the game comes out.

On November 7, 2013 Target offered a great deal when you pre-order a game coming out in early 2014. I jumped on it and ordered the PS3 game "The Witch and the Hundred Knight" for $19.99. I received confirmation of my order and all was good.

This morning (January 31, 2014) I received an email stating my order cancelled. No other explanation was offered. I sent an email to Target customer service asking why my order was cancelled and how could I reinstate it for the same price. I received the following reply:

"I'm sorry to hear that your order is cancelled.
I've checked in our system and see that your order has been cancelled due to a payment issue. We're unable to offer your the same price once item becomes available. I'm sorry for any inconvenience. "

The "payment issue" excuse is not correct. Target policy is they don't process payment until the product ships or is picked up in store and the ship date of the game isn't until March 25th, 2014. I sent a reply asking for clarification but have yet to receive a response.

This was my first and last time pre-ordering anything from Target. Anyone have a similar experience or have some advice on how to get them to honor the price they originally offered?

6:18 pm

Target - given wrong prescription

On January 1, 2014 I went to pick up a prescription for birth control pills. (This is the first time I have gotten this from the pharmacy because in the previous months I had been given samples from my Dr.) The pill I received looked different from my normal but I just figured it was a generic of what I had. I took the pack of pills for the following 3 weeks. On January 23rd, 2014 I was making some phone calls to other pharmacies to check on the price because I do not currently have health insurance and could not afford to pay the $78. I found a place which I would only have to pay $44 so they were going to take care of the transfer for me. In this process we discovered the scrip I got from Target was not a generic, it was a completely different one. I then went to the store where I did receive an apology and a full hour of the staff trying to give me a refund. I am very happy that this was not a huge "medical" issue for me but I believe I now know why I have had several headaches this month. If this was a different prescription things could have been worse. I love shopping at Target and have always gotten my prescriptions there but unfortunately I will question each and every one in the future if I decide to continue any prescriptions there. I spent a lot of my time of making phone calls to get this issue resolved between the new pharmacy, the Drs. office and myself. I am very upset and think I should be compensated for my troubles.

1:50 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Around nov 12 statement was received indicating that a new balance of 739.96 was owned The period closes around the 9th of each month The due date for minimum payment was dec 6 Auto pay is setup to pay the balance for dec 6. Payments toward statement were made on the following date 11/30/2013 payment made at target austin tx 250 11/25/2013 payment made at...

K
12:52 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On 11/21/13 I was in the target store in opelika, alabama. I was in the section where the women's plus size clothes are located which is very close to the maternity clothes. It seemed like everything I picked up was maternity and not plus size. There were 2 female employees standing behind a counter and I asked if those were the only plus size clothes they...

N
11:27 am

Target - poor service

Ordered dyson cleaner online. Was advertised as close out. Price was a little lower than costco & sam's and I had free shipping with 5% discount using the red card. So, placed the order online. Same day, visited the local target and found the same item was $120 less than on line. Still would get the 5% discount, and called target.com immediately and cancelled the order. The gentleman made it clear that they could not pricematch the store, and that he would help me with cancelling the order. He told me that it had already shipped, and I was just to refuse it and they would credit my account accordingly. This item that supposed shipped on the day I placed the order did not arrive for seven days! I sent it back, and a week later I still have the charge on my account. This has caused me to incur interest charges which were finally reversed after my third call to the customer service line. My first two calls resulted in me being disconnected when they were supposed to be transferring me to another department. The third time, I made it clear that I did not want to have this happen again. The lady was very helpful and removed the fees and interest from my account. Then she transferred me to another department. The lady there could not identify the order, and asked me to hold while she looked it up. Some time later, someone else picked up the phone and started out all over, requesting my information. By this time, I had located the order number. She informed me that the charge would remain on my account until they had confirmation that it was back to the warehouse. With ups tracking, they could have easily verified that it was in transit and made the proper credit. This type of "service" is frustrating to say the least, and does not encourage me to do business with them on line again. Apparently, there are some grave deficiencies in their online service department, and they need to get their act together if they want to do business on line. Amazon has it figured out. Think I will take my business to them.

S
2:37 pm

Target - accused of stealing

My mother and I were shopping and I walked away to pick up some nail polishes I walked back and put them in the basket. We continued to shop and we were done so we proceeded to check out . While we were walking out to leave two guards (a male in uniform and female in plain clothing ) grabbed me and took my bag and gave my phone to my mother. While they were walking me to the security office I wanted to cry but everything in me told me not toad my mother telling me to relax. The male security guard stood outside with my mother because they wouldn't let her in even when she was telling them that I am a minor. He asked my mother if she wanted water because he could see that her heart was beating so fast because she was scared and screamed."No". The female guard told me to empty out my bag and take off my jacket which I did . She asked for the receipt which had all the items that I purchased on it . When she seen that everything was accurate she let me go as I walked out my mother exchanged words with them and she tried to say I put the nail polish and put it in my bag and then put it back . I had to tell her no you didn't and I am not that type of person .That is not what he saw this is what she assumed. My mother asked, "Did you see her take it? Did you look on camera and see her put it in her bag ?" And they could not give a proper answer to the questions. I didn't need to steal anything because my mother was there to help me pay and i had money to pay in my bag. I was so scared and extremely embarrassed because I was treated like a criminal and that is something I am not . I was innocent as proven but she still tried to wrongly accuse me of stealing to make herself look like she was right . I am a working college student who works in a department store . This situation has completely turned me off and I am never stepping foot in that particular Target again. It has affected me to point that I can't stop thinking about . This was one of the worst days in my life and I will be contacting the Target headquarter

Hide full review

Target - target refuses to sell me gift cards in bulk

I want to share my experience with Target store #2520, located in Lewisville at Main (Highway 423/Josey Lane) and 121, as I tried to purchase giftcards and the store refused to sell me gift cards. On 11/07/13, I attempted to buy 500 $10 Google gift cards for my work and the transaction was refused and the store only wanted to sell me 4 units.

I got to the register and the cashier summoned Sarah over to ask about the quantity of cards I was attempting to purchase. Sarah advised me that I could only purchase 4 cards. She gave me a lame excuse of “Target being able to limit quantities” and showed me the ad where it supposedly stated this. I informed Sarah the cards are not in the ad. I also advised Sarah that Target has a $5, 000 daily limit regarding the purchase of gift cards and I just purchased $4, 995 worth of iTunes cards the other day from the same store and had the receipt with me to prove it. Sarah did not budge and again reinstated the alleged store policy. I asked to speak with the store manager and of course he/she was not in the store at the time. Sarah summoned James, ETL – Logistics, to the front lane. James came to the front lanes and covered Sarah’s back and reiterated what Sarah told me.

I remembered that the store manager was Marvin and asked to speak to him. I was informed Marvin is no longer at the store. In complete disbelief, I called the 1-800 customer help line and spoke with a guest relations person who took about 30 minutes of my time to research and investigate my complaint. My complaint was finally escalated to a supervisor, who came on the phone and asked to speak with the store employee. James got on the phone and spoke with the guest relations supervisor and advised the supervisor that it was “their store policy” to limit the quantity to 4 units. Guest relations got back on the phone with me and advised me they had to back up the store on this decision, even though their limit is $5, 000 per day. I left the store in complete disbelief and could not understand why the store did not want a $5, 000 sale and went across the street to Walmart and purchased the cards with no problem. The Walmart store manager even came up and approved the transaction and asked me if I needed anymore cards in the future. He further advised me to let him know and he would be glad to special order the cards for me and make sure the store has the stock I need. This was quite the opposite of my experience with Target, who did not want the sale or value my business. I also purchased 33 $25 Walmart giftcards to give to the office employees for Thanksgiving to help with their Thanksgiving dinners. Another revenue source Target lost out to because of their crippled ways and our company employees will hopefully do their Thanksgiving shopping at Walmart and support Walmart since Target only wants to sell me 4 of any type of giftcard.

The bottom line is Target does not want or care about your business, especially if you speak up and complain. The store can tell you whatever BS they want to tell you and guest relations will back them up even if means the store employee(s) are wrong or they loose a sale. My advice, take your business to Walmart as they want it and will do what it takes to make you a happy customer, just the opposite of Target, who does not care about you as a customer or value your business. I bet the Target shareholders will be upset if they read this post as I am posting this complaint to many social media outlets and am going to get the word out about Target’s practices.

I am escalating this complaint to Gregg Steinhafel, Target CEO, and his personal assistant Denise May. I will post an update to this post if I hear anything back from either of them.

L
12:17 pm

Target - red card policies

I just spent nearly one hour on the telephone with red card guest services, lie, and corporate, derek, who transferred me back the guest services (Amy). My complaint is very specific. My red card was closed (Permanently) due to one year of inactivity. There in no reference of this policy in the terms & conditions (As of 10-22-13) , there was no mention of this policy at the time the application was completed nor was there any notification or correspondence sent to me indicating that my account would be closed due to inactivity. It is frustrating enough when one comes back after living overseas and finds out that the us credit reporting systems does not accept any form of foreign credit to transfer for credit history purposes. Therefore, after 20 years of solid credit history one is forced to start from ground zero. Five years of credit history in the making once again. One opens credit accounts and complies with the terms & conditions as specified; no late payments and everything paid back.
Upon trying to use my red card on oct 5, 2013 I am informed that my card is declined. Contacting guest services tells me that that have closed my account due to inactivity and that I may re-apply for a new card. Why should I be forced to reapply? 1. ) target will inquire on my credit history and a number of inquiries dings credit score 2. ) there was absolutely no mention anywhere at any time that the account could/would be closed due to inactivity 3. ) without any warning, I am the one a the register with a 'declined' card with a line of people behind me 4. ) as a customer, I did nothing to breech the credit contract; I simply did not use the card for a year 4. ) target's terms & conditions do make mention of 'communications with you' in paragraph 12 and never did target choose to communicate with me 5:) the minimum would be a notification (They have both my address and cell phone number) stating that my red card is in danger of being deactivated unless I called them or used the card within 'x' number of days
I do not want to be told that someone is 'sorry for the inconvenience' nor do I want someone to tell me that they 'know how I feel' (Which I am fairly sure they don't without having gone through the exact same experience). I am told there is nothing that can be done that these accounts are deleted automatically and there is no recourse. I can also plan use of the card accordingly if there is mention of the circumstances if the card is not used. Although target claims this is for my security protection, master card does not cancel my card when I don't use it for a year...
Credit scores are based upon credit years and payment history. I am more than just a little frustrated at this internal policy (As there is no external communication of the policy). If I would (Which I won't) reapply, only the new date will be used in my credit history and not the original date of contract. This is causing me frustration and aggravation although I have paid them everything as agreed upon according to the terms & agreement.

2 comments
T
Oct 31, 2013 7:07 pm

With all due respect to the op: I have a Red Card. I Have Not used my card in one year, but my account is still open. Did you owe a small balance?

Oct 29, 2013 1:54 pm

Most stores will close accounts after NON use for long periods of time.

A
10:42 am

Target - failed to send statements - reported late on credit

I have been a customer with target since 2006 with perfect payment history the entire time.

Back in november/december 2012 I received notification that my payment was late. I had not received paper statements or email statements; therefore, was unaware of a small balance on the card. I was subsequently charged 2-3 late fees totaling $60-$90 if I remember correctly. I was able to have one or two of them removed but not all. This was very annoying but they assured me there was nothing else they could do to help.

In the following months I used the card occasionally and paid it off each time as normal. Then several months lapsed without use and I was unaware of an existing balance. I yet again stopped receiving emails without noticing. I have several other cards in which I get paper and electronic statements and I guess it slipped my mind that I was not receiving them from target. Nevertheless, I tried to use the card the other day and it declined. I checked online and sure enough there was a balance and tons of fees.

I was reported late to the credit reporting bureau and they will do nothing about it. I checked my email for spam and the last email I received was in nearly 5 months ago. Target would not do anything for me. If this goes unresolved, I will be taking my 8 years of business and my fiancée’s elsewhere.

Update by aggieg33k
Sep 29, 2013 10:42 pm

Target has charged me excessive fees amounting in $130 for the past 4 months.

1:39 pm

Target - rip off no emails really sent

this vendor also known as Generation X . would not give me refund nor credit and hung up on me.. they are providing fraudulent statistics/documentation for work provided.. I tracked their so called "clicks" and all are coming from the same IP address.. moreover, in researching this company after the fact I see many complaints about the same issue.. they are NOT providing the service as promised .both offers that I paid for had "zero" conversions. I have over $13 EPC's with some of these offers so I know that they work. these were easy email address submits that I convert ALL OF THE TIME using my resources and other vendors. when I called to discuss the situation. they simply say that its my fault for non conversions when I fact they are not sending out emails to subscribed lists they are just internally opening emails from the same ip address.. STAY AWAY FROM THEM

G
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I bought a cordless phone on 8/24/13 at 5::35 pm pt from store #0289 cerritos ca about half hour later I went back to the store to return the phone at the customer service counter the attendant open the box to check if there is any thing missing out of the bohen I ask her is there any thing wrong she reply there is two charger according to the manual I said...

B
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was given a gift card from Target Warranty for defective Xbox. I took gift card to store to make a purchase. Card fell out of pocket and man behind me stole it. I tried calling number on back of gift cards and wasn't able to get anyone on the phone for nearly 2 hours. The store caught man on camera using gift card. I was able to finally reach someone by...

C
8:27 pm

Target - process of closing account

I opened a Target Red Card a little while back. I used it and paid off the balance. I decided to close it since I wasn't using it. I was on the phone for 45 minutes to close the account. Basically while the woman was talking I read a book and each time she stopped I said, "No thank you, I would just like to close the account today". She was polite, but why can't they just close the account? You really have to be persistent! I finally got it closed and asked if they could send a letter stating it was closed. I can't afford to buy anything so why charge up a credit card? My advice, if you want to open a Target Credit Card do so, but it's not easy to close.

G
10:38 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Target - will not refund a return, only issue an inside store credit

I ordered a memory foam online from Target. It was not memory foam, it was hard as a rock. The invoice I received with the mattress said I could not return it at the store, I had to mail it back to the company. Once they received the mattress they send me an "e-card" return to be spent only inside Target. They said they do this for all mail returns, however if I would have returned it to the store, I would have gotten my money back. The invoice said I could not return it to the store! Do not ever order anything online from Target! They are holding my $400 hostage!

Target contacts