Having problems with Target?

+1 800 591 3869 (Online Experience)
+1 800 440 0680 (Guest Relations)
+1 800 888 9333 (Gift Registry & Target Lists)
+1 877 798 2743 (Pharmacy & Clinic)
+1 800 544 2943 (Target Gift Cards)
+1 800 544 3875 (Target Gift Card Business Orders)
+1 800 424 6888 (Redcard Guest Services)
+1 612 815 9922 (Target Mastercard - Outside the USA)
+1 888 729 7331 (Target Debit Card)
PO Box 9350
Minneapolis, Minnesota
United States - 55440-9350

Complaints & Reviews

Targetfalse advertising

us an $80 gift card. The sign stated the sale lasted through 6/30. I have been wanting Dyson vacuum for awhile so I talked with my husband about it and went back on June 28th to buy the vacuum (dragging the kids along again). I noticed the sign was gone and the vacuum was regular price again. I asked several workers about this and ended up talking to the manager. She said the price was a mistake and was taken down the afternoon of 6/26 and the vacuum was now regular price - even though the sign said the sale was until 6/30. She said there was nothing she could do and to call customer service. I called customer service and they said it was the stores problem. I filed a complaint with the BBB for false advertising and we are still fighting about it and I have received NO apology for the mistake or any offer of compensation - just some ridiculous email stating it was a mistake (duh).

• Digitally Feb 14, 2011

I never had an issue with Target until 2009 when I went to exchange an ill-fitting Christmas gift. I simply wanted a larger size. It had the tags on it still. Customer Service said I needed a receipt for exchange but since it had been a gift, I did not have one. Fine. In my mind I decided to never go back to Target because that was stupid.

Of course between then and yesterday, I'd been given a Target Gift Card. So I decided to go to Target to get some things for our upcoming trip - specifically, underwear [panties].

But before I could get to the "Intimate Apparel" department, while in the aisle, my eye was caught by many placards boasting "Mix 'n' Match Bathing Suits $14.99"... So I decided to have a look. [We're going to an island for our trip and for that price I could get another bathing suit, I reasoned.]

After a couple minutes browsing aisle side, I went to the other side. Found a cute suit in my size. But then my eye catches the right-handed placard above the suits [that on the other side had *Mix n Match $14.99*] that said *$17.99 tops/$14.99 bottoms*... But yet the left-handed placard [again and like what my eyes witnessed on several placards while in-aisle] said *Mix 'n Match Design Your Own Style $14.99*.

So I was confused. Many placards boasting Mix n Match $14.99 vs one placard saying $17.99 tops/$14.99 bottoms.

I looked at the separate pieces of my suit and see they both read on the tags $14.99.

So I head onto Customer Service. CS asked for clarification on my behalf of an employee who was walking by. I, again, explain my confusion due to the placards [hold up both pieces to her] and am told by this woman verbatim "The price on the piece is what you pay." (???) So I took this statement to mean [and I parroted back] .. (She actually was walking away as I asked for clarification...and started nodding after my first couple words...) "So, then, for BOTH, the total price IS $14.99." But then the beat of two. She stopped. Started shaking her head and clarified, "No. For EACH it is the price on the tag."

So after she continued walking, I told Customer Service who could care less: "Well those placards are misleading then." I swear she raised her eyebrows as if to say "I know!"and said: "That's why I asked her. She works in that department."

So I do not know who is ultimately responsible for the Display Cards, but it seems to me it's bound to garner a few sales with the Consumer inadvertently purchasing a two piece for double the price. And with Target's exchange/refund policy on intimates or bathing suits, not knowing what it is, I cannot help but wonder at how many people have inadvertently [under a false perception due to the numerous 'Mix n Match $14.99' placards spent money having no choice but to be out the money once the sale has been made.

• Oh
      OhWowReally Feb 15, 2011

Ok, maybe I'm confused on your confusion. It seems that there are two seperate sections in photo #3. The ones on the left side are the mix n match ones. The ones on the right are the $17.99 top, $14.99 bottom. Where is the confusion? It seems obvious if you wanted the mix n match deal, you choose from the items on the left rack, not the right.

• Po
      pobarjenkins Feb 15, 2011

Doesn't sound like false advertising to me. It seems like you just assumed it was for both items, even though it never specifically said that.

Regarding your return, it seems like you're overreacting. The person who gave you the gift should have given you a gift receipt. It isn't Target's fault.

Finally, don't reply to yourself.

• Digitally Feb 15, 2011

OhWowReally - They were all Mix n' Match. The suits on the right - it does *seem* as if those may be $17.99 top, $14.99 bottom, but do you see the Gold/White and Pink scalloped suit on the right side - furthest left? BOTH of those pieces were $14.99. Upon further examination of $17.99/$14.99 placard [Read finer print of 2nd photo], the $17.99 indicates "Push Up Tops" so that is probably why the Gold/White/Pink top was $14.99. I say 'probably' at this point because I'm just confused by the entire thing. Thanks for asking for clarification of my confusion. Hope I could help.

• Digitally Feb 15, 2011

"Finally, don't reply to yourself."

But I did. Do you have a suggestion as to how I could undo that?

• Digitally Feb 15, 2011

Thanks Brenda. I also did just read (and I forget where) ~ when I went back to Target today to purchase the suit ~ that Target does accept returns of swimwear but with the liner still intact. So if there were an issue like that, it should be easy enough to remedy.

• Digitally Feb 16, 2011

Thanks 123321 - You are right! I discovered that shortly after posting the photos. [Yes the tops are different but being female I do not think that makes a difference. ;) But it still doesn't shed light on the potential for misunderstanding, in my opinion. I do appreciate your information, however, as I may not have ever seen the "Push Up" verbiage and your comment would have at least brought that to my attention.

Re: "Just an FYI, it is illegal to photograph the inside of a private business without their consent."
      I have heard that rumor before but I am an avid photographer and have never found the law that says such a thing. This might be useful for others interested in the topic: http://www.andrewkantor.com/useful/Legal-Rights-of-Photographers.pdf

• Fa
      false advertizing Jul 03, 2012

I know the world does not revolve around me. I have told my husband that he is not to shop at Target any longer and if he does I would tell the police that he touches the children sexually and that he beats me. He said that since he does not do that that I have to prove it. I told him I can fake tears and be manipulating. He said the kids will never lie, I told him I could bribe them and threaten them into lying.

• The Lidman Foundation Jul 03, 2012

"The world doesn't revolve around you, or getover yourself etc" are typical tashatroll comments. She's been deleted several times, but they should just ban her IP for good.

Good review. Savvy consumers avoid target.

• Ji
      JISCal2 Jul 04, 2012

Sounds like something churro would say.

Target — customer service

Last June I purchased a 3 pc. Casetta outdoor furniture set that was also marked Target Home on the box, from...

Targetnon-delivery of product

I am writing to express my disappointment with Target.
    Although I was born and raised in Orlando, Florida, I have been living overseas since February 2010, partly in Afghanistan and partly in Kosovo. Living with minimals has been quite a lifestyle change. However, this was a choice that I decided to make thus this is why I am still living overseas. Prior to my decision to temporarily live overseas I was living a normal life in Orlando, Florida. As you know, you have many stores in the Central Florida area. Target has ALWAYS been my "go-to" store for shopping. I have always loved the service, the layout or the store, the cleanliness, and of course, the products. Therefore, when I found out I was pregnant; I decided to use Target.com for my registry. Due to my experience of living overseas, I am aware of the shipping restrictions thus I decided to make my registry and call Target.com and ensure that the products on my registry are able to be shipped to my current APO address. Thankfully, the crib, mattress, clothing, bottles, etc. could all be shipped. So, I finished preparing my registry and sent it out to my friends and family back home in the states.
    On April 5th, my Mother purchased the Graco Lauren Classic Convertible Crib and the Million Dollar Baby Twilight Mattress from my registry and had it shipped to my APO address listed on my registry. On May 1st, I received my mattress and was expecting my crib the follow any day thereafter. Two weeks went by and I had yet to receive anything else from Target. So, I decided to give them a call and find out the status and how we can resolve this problem. I was told that my order confirmation states that the crib time frame is until May 21st therefore I must wait until May 21st before anything can be done to move forward. So, although this did not make me happy, I understand why I needed to wait, so I did.

On May 21st, I called and spoke with a representative gave her the reference number of my "issue" and expressed my concern. She informed me that although my order confirmation states that the crib should arrive by May 21st, I had to wait until May 24th in order for them to issue me a refund and re-ship another crib. When I asked the reason for this, she informed me that this was policy. However, my order confirmation states that May 21st was the last day I needed to wait. Not to mention, the previous representative informed me that May 21st was how long I needed to wait. She did not mention this “policy” of waiting three days after the last shipping date. Had I known about this additional three days the first time I called, I would have requested a refund and purchased a crib online, elsewhere.
    I should not have to wait three more days. My order confirmation states that I am to receive my crib by May 21st. Target should have refunded and re-shipped that same day, no questions asked. Instead, I was offered a measly $15 gift card the hassle that I am experience. This was a slap in the face. I explained to her that I do not want a gift card, I want a crib. After a 20 minute conversation she provided zero results and I am left waiting three more days for a crib. Calling Target and speaking with someone should have left me feeling like everything was going to be okay, yet I got off the phone with them feeling even more frustrated than before I made the call.
    The reason I am very disappointed is because I am due to deliver June 25th and I was told that I now have to wait until May 24th until I will be issued a refund and new crib will be shipped. This leaves four weeks for me to get my crib, which provides no guarantees. If the second crib is shipped on the 24th and takes as long as the first crib (never arriving at all or arriving 6 weeks after the original ship date) then I will not have a crib for my child. However, Target is not concerned with that. They have to follow some “policy” that was not mentioned in my initial call and is not mentioned anywhere on my order confirmation or Target’s website.
    So as you can imagine, I am very discouraged by this answer from Target's management team since I might not have a crib for my newborn baby. I am living in Kosovo which is a poverty stricken country and I am not able to buy a crib here. I do not trust the manufacturing, nor do I like the expensive prices of the cribs. They are triple the amount of the crib that I have on my registry, not to mention, I will have to purchase another mattress since I have one sitting in my baby's room.
    Prior to me putting the crib on the registry, I called Target.com and ensured that the very crib on my baby registry is able to be shipped to my address. In addition, I was home in March for 35 days and I could have purchased a crib and had it shipped from the states. However, I found no need for it as I was confident that Target would ship all of my items listed on my registry as I was told they would. It is unfortunate, however this experience has forced me stop shopping at Target. The service I received about my crib was very unappealing. Target did not solve my problem; they just made me wait longer. This is unacceptable. I will be sure to end my Target shopping days and I will be sure to spread the word in the community. It's unfortunate it had to be this way, but I have been extremely let down by Target.

Targetcomplaint 14 hiring process.

I ask does Target get money for the government for hiring disabled people or do they do it to make themselves look good. I had to deal with a slow cashier today while me and my husband were shopping. I normally shop at Walmart since he works at their home office but I was hungry and Target has restaurant. I had to wait in line for ten minutes for only three items. The cashier was slow. I confronted her about it and she got rude to me. I got in her face. I then complained to the manager and the manager said that she was slow because she just came back from sick leave from having a stroke. She should have been fired or laid off as soon as she had the stroke. I also found out they knew that she had a disability when they hired her. They should never have hired her in the first place when there are people out there who are not disabled and can do a better and faster job. Do you only hire disabled people because the government required you to or to give your company a good image because I did not get a good image from her at all. As a matter of fact I wanted to slap her for her rude behavior.

• Lo
          lolwut491 Jun 26, 2012

How's that lack of empathy working out for you?

JoseTexas Jul 19, 2012

Your a bigot that needs to be in a car accident, or get hit by a bus. I pray that happens to you. You would rather see disabled people segregated in nursing homes, or worse just like the old days. Better yet, I hope you die and burn in hell. IF IT BOTHERS YOU SO MUCH, WHY DON'T YOU ORDER ONLINE? ###.
          I would just love to give you a good old fashion ### slapping!!!

Targettarget hired disabled employees complaint 13

Went into Target today at the Rogers, Arkansas location just to get a few things. Me and my husband were out eating at a local restaurant and Target was closer by than Walmart at the time, and all I needed was just some trash bags, dishwashing liquid and bar soap. Ran in to get those things and thought I would be there just a few minutes. It turned into almost 10 minutes at the checkout lane. I guess they had no one else working there at the time, just that one girl at that one checkout lane. She was slow as heck too making it even longer. I told her about how slow she was being when I got up to the checkout and she cocked a 'tude with me. I got right back into her face and turned her into management right then and there. Her name was Amanda B. if Target corp happens to look at this. She needs to be fired. RUDE little lady!! I came very, very close to just smacking her!

• Mr
            MrsLea May 21, 2012

I was not rude. She was slow. I talked to the manager about it and he was completely on her side. He told her she just got back from work after having a stroke and that she had many medical conditions both physical and mental. As soon as she had the stroke they should have found a reason to fire her. If they knew she had a disability she should never have been hired in the first place when a person who is able bodied could have done a better job faster. Does Target hire these ###s to make them look good or does the government give them money for everyone they hire who is disabled. Disabled people should not be allowed to work when there are many people who are normal who are willing to work.

• M3C QueenBee May 21, 2012

Pay no mind to Tasha the troll. Just look at some of her other comments. She never has anything nice to say.

JoseTexas Jul 19, 2012

I would just love to give Mrslea a good old fashion ### whoping, Tell me the time and place. Oh how I would love to pistol whip, the.

• Un
            Underdog15 Feb 06, 2013

Sounds like the customer, Mrslea, is a disgrace.

Targettarget gift exchange scam by local store

My loving mother in law purchased a gift for my birthday that i didn’t want. I went to Target and tried to exchange the gift for store credit… I guess it’s been a long time since i’ve exchanged an item, because they have a policy that i’ve never heard of. Now keep in my since it’s a gift – i didn’t have the receipt (no way i tell my mother in law i’m returning her gift). When they rang up the item, it was $150.00, they told me that since it was over $70, and i didn’t have the receipt i could only get up to $100.00.

I’m a reasonable person; so i said “ok, put it on a gift card”. They said their policy is to exchange the item, for a like item in the same department up to $100.00 in value. What? So, an item that they’re going to put on the shelf and sell for $150, i can only spend in the same department? What a crock of ###. They’re already making a $50 profit and they won’t let me spend it anywhere else in the store?

I waited stubbornly for 45 mins to speak to the store manager. Her only reply..”it’s policy”. Are you kidding me? She must have been a parrot in another life, because she just kept repeating it. I could tell i was getting nowhere, so i asked for her market managers name and phone #. She said she didn’t have a market manger. Look, i don’t know what fancy title they call her boss, but that’s who i wanted to speak with. She instead gave me a customer satisfaction card with an 800 number on it.

This 800 number goes to a third party- who then relay’s the complaint to corporate…yeah right. I bet Corporate Target really looks at those complaints.
          I should be able to voice my concern to a regional manager, or the store managers boss. I can’t believe that they just push people over to a third party.

Moral of the story boy’s and girls is to avoid buying gifts at Target. If Walmart carried the item i’m sure they would’ve wanted to keep my business. Maybe with enough complaints Target will change their “policy”. Oh that’s right, they don’t actually hear the complaints.

Should they invest in reasonable store managers? My understanding was a store manager can make an exception to override a policy if they wanted to. Would that $100 gift card be worth it to them if i kept coming back?

• SKOR May 17, 2012

A retail store is not like EBay or craigslist, where you can 'cash-in' stuff you do not want, and get something else.

• Regions Bank Employee May 17, 2012

You should have asked for the receipt. I am sure your mother-in-law would have understood.

Targettarget store scam not taking money

Friday before last- I had enough money in my account to finally purchase a 55″ Phillips Flat Screen LCD TV with a 3 year service plan- Total $1, 078.00. I made the mistake of going to the Target Store at 4575 West 11th Eugene Oregon. I was declined the purchase- all said and done, the reason for my decline? I hadn’t spent ENOUGH money in the previous year to “qualify” to spend such a large amount. Hmph. I then proceeded to the Walmart store at 4550 West 11th, Eugene Oregon. Where- lo and behold!

Walmart had ABSOLULTELY NO PROBLEM with my money. Despite my not purchasing anything with them for the previous 4 years. Therein I purchased a Sanyo 55″ Flat Screen TV LCD, complete with service plan for about two hundred and fifty dollars LESS. How Target stays in business with their patronising attitude- is beyond me. My apologies Target- for not being ‘worthy’ enough to spend even more money in your stores. And I apologise also- for my complete unwillingness to spend any more there- ever.

Later that month I went to the Target store in Van Nuys, CA. A large sign on a baby T-shirt display read “Clearance 70% reduction and more.” I bought 3 T-shirts for my grandson and checked out. When I got home I realized that I hadn’t received the reduced sales price. About an hour later I went back to customer service for the reduced price and they said those T-shirts weren’t really on sale. So, I went to the department and shot a picture of the display and brought it back to customer service.

A representative was sent to check it out and came back with the sign and said it wasn’t supposed to there. I showed the manager, Eduardo, the picture and he said sorry, we don’t do our sale price tags this way and refused to sell it at the in store advertised price. Still have the pic in my phone.

Target — hiring now but won't hire me

I have been a target shopper for years now and have always been satisfied with your products and services. At...

Targetonline ordering

I live in the Florida keys and if you know anything about the keys there is no shopping! So I ordered a duvet and set of curtains online threw target using PayPal as my check out method to save time! Well the curtain arrives 3 weeks later and it's only 1, not a huge surprise but online it states 2 panels! So I call costumer service long story short I was on the phone for 2 hours!! Not exaturating! First w some kid after 1 hour 20 min asked to be transferd to a manager, 1 she had no idea about the previous 90 minute conversation, and turns out I was transferred to someone in the phillippins!!! Put on hold again transferred back to the us only to haft to pay $27 for another panel which was not on sale anymore and did not qualify for free shipping!!!

Targettarget cashier won't accept my check

I went to the Target to do some shopping today. I purchased, or intended to purchase over $200 worth of merchandise, only to have my Bank of America courtesy check denied by your agent. I went to BOA after leaving your store to see what was the matter. I was told my account had no issues. have had exemplary credit almost all my life. This was an embarrassment to myself being denied the purchase in front of the people behind me. The supervisor there offered no help just saying that’s what the computer says!

Well I higly doubt I will return to a Target store after this. I was a monthly shopper there. I would like to see what kind of response I get from you at this level. I was wrongly parked outside of tour target store on sunday waiting for my wife who was about to come out when an employee from that store who was recollecting shopping carts came to yell at me and wanted to start a fight with me because he wanted me to move. I moved my car and proceeded inside the store for a complaint when that same employee came inside and told me i was a “wuzz and didnt have the balls to fight him instead of telling on him”.

Why do you make it so hard to cash a “cash back check” that you send to my husband? No one has the right to ask for our social security numbers and yet that it what you require to cash a check. Why can’t we just use our driver’s license the way we do when we write a personal check? Also, why can’t my husband sign and then I sign and cash the check with my driver’s license ID? It seems that you purposely have made it difficult. This makes no sense when you are the one who sent the check to us. It has all the attributes of a scam.

The security employee who was at the door was hearing him as he told me this and wouldnt do anything. I told him that i was going to call the police as the employee kept on telling me the “lack of balls i had” for not confronting him, all of this happening while there was alot of people watching as you can imagine, the whole line of cashiers were just staring. After the security person sent this employee out the back the manager approached me, i told her i wanted to report the police because i felt threatened coming out but she (manager) told me she would take care of the situation.

She said there was cameras outside as well as inside the store and told me she would take care of the situation. I take responsability for my fault but there is no reason for one of your employees to insult, and threaten, pick a fight and try to embarass me in front of many people. If that employee would have been courtious in the first place none of this would have happened. I did not call the police because my wife convinced me not to, but i hope that this incident will not be taken for granted.

Targetthis is the most ridiculous policy I have ever seen

In today’s ad you advertise a Baby Boat Float for $12, went to the store just now at 12:00 p.m. after church and your store and all stores in Sacramento were out of them. The store I went to said there were 7 in stock and sold out at 8:00 a.m. I thought could order online and this product cannot be sold on line according to your web site. Everytime it seems I want a product at Target, and I realize it is summer, or whatever time of the year it is, your stores do not get very many of them and it is first come first serve, I realize, however, but not everyone can come in when your store opens. You could at least have it online when it is advertised in your weekly ads. It is very frustrating.

On a good note though I do love Target and especially your grocery department. There are very few items I can’t find at your store without going to a grocery store, but that is alright. While shopping at Target this past weekend, I purchase one bottle of wine. When checking out, the clerk asked to see my ID. I showed her my DL and she said she had to scan it. I told her to take the wine off our bill and she said she couldn’t do that (why not–too much trouble?). We have purchased liquor from all kinds of retail stores and have never been asked to scan our DL. I let her do it but realized I should have refused.

There is already too much of our information out there. This is the most ridiculous policy I have ever seen–when did you start doing this? I will never buy liquor from Target ever again!! We are usually asked to see our ID for verification when using a credit card, which I have no problem with. You need to rethink this policy! An unsatisfied customer!

• Ti
                      Timothypetrov Dec 28, 2011

The strip on the back of your ID is intended to be swiped, or else it would not be there. The clerk is only doing what is asked of her for the sake of her job. Get off your high horse and accept that the world is technologically evolving.

Targetracist treatment for target employees

I am a young American American female who is a frequent target shopper. When I enter the manchester or enfield CT store I am followed every time I walk into the store. I try to shop the store looking for deals I will watch an item that I want and continue to go to the store to check if it has been marked own low enough for me. It’s frustrating having someone follow you around the store as if you did something. I have call the office with several complaints regarding this issue as well as calling complaining about your employees putting items in their carts while their marking items down.

Every time I call customer service someone apologizes for my experience and state they will send my complaint to corporate office . I have never stole anything in my life and never will if you need me to see you my background checks I can because I am so fed up with this serve form of harassment. Know one should feel the why I do when I come into the store. I use to love shop at target but now I feel I’m a big TARGET every time I go into the store . I would not wish this type of experience on anyone. I plan to contact the better business bureau if I continue to go through the chain of command and nothing gets done about.

• Si
                        silvrcraze Aug 16, 2012

Actually, Target is very diverse, especially with their employment. To be honest, if an African American person without any retail experience and a White American person with years of experience and good references to prove it, the African American person will get the job. Their tolerance for bad behavior is MUCH higher when it comes to African American employees compared to White American employees. I highly doubt your race has anything to do with why they follow you around. If they truly were suspicious of your behavior they would have a plain clothed loss prevention employee following you around rather than the obvious red and khaki clothes employees. I'm sure they're just doing their job with the "how may I help you?" slogan or whatever it is. Also, how do you know the employees are putting items that they marked down in their cart as they're marking them down? It would be rather obvious to EVERYONE if they were walking around with a cart of their own merchandise to be purchased during their lunch break! They usually do their markdowns in the back or before the store opens. If they're relocating the items they have to put them in a cart to move them to another location.

Seriously though, the whole racial profiling is pretty unbelievable knowing that Target would hire someone unqualified in every way for a position because they're African American.

Target.comI will be canceling my red card and will no longer shop at target

Ordered a couch on 10/24 from target.com. The original delivery date emailed to me was 10/29. I got an email on 10/27 saying: delayed until 11/4. I am now much more frustrated after receiving another email on 10/30 saying that it will be delivered on 11/7. I opted to cancel and buy locally. Fumbled around the link emailed to me a couple of hours earlier. No success in canceling my order.. Called customer service and learned that contrary to an email received hours ago, I can’t cancel. Target really needs to get their online ordering act together!

Customer service was pleasant, but useless. Tried to email my complaint (almost exactly what I’m writing here) through target.com. Hit submit, and it told me to please enter a valid question or concern! Ha! Apparently my frustration isn’t valid to them. This will be my last order! I recommend avoiding target.com.

I ordered a sark razor scooter online at target.com on sale plus I had a coupon. UPS returned the item back to target.com because it was damaged intransit. I was never contacted about this issue. The item is out of stock online but available at my local store. The price is now $159 NOT $122 and my coupon has expired. Target should honor the price I purchased it at and let me pick up my purchase at my local store. They will not. I will be canceling my red card and will no longer shop at target!

• Je
                          Jerri Gilliam Dec 20, 2013

I want to cancel my Target Red Card

• Je
                          Jerri Gilliam Dec 20, 2013

Due to the target problem, I want to cancel as of today, December 20, 2013

Target.comwebsite order problems

I was proactive this year by going on line to purchase a lot of things at Target. On 11/24/2011, I ordered several DVDS on line and received an email stating my shipping informaiton. I waited until after the specified shipping date with no items. I telephoned Target and talked with a representative. I was told to go online to reorder the items and they will honor the original costs. I was having difficulties shipping to a P.O. Box address and I had to call again.

I talked with a representative and she supposedly was going to honor the Black Friday costs for the items. I received an email stating a different cost from which I aggreed upon and was told would be the finaly cost. I had to call again to get it change to the Black Friday costs. I guess I will find out in 48 hours.

On Sunday, August 21, 2011 12:35 PM, I placed a gift order for my brother. You have deducted the funds from my gift cards and have yet to deduct the balance from my bank account. Your company did not have the decency or the professionalism to send out an email informing customers of your behind the scene issues. Moreover, there is no record of my order on the website or via your customer service when I made a call.

There is no history of my order, save the confirmation email and the fact that you have the money from my gift cards–something I could have used to pick up a last minute item had there not been a major screw up by your company. What baffles me is that I am switched to another department when I called in and was on hold for too long of a time. Really why would that be even a suggestion when you have no record of my order according to your phone service rep? Do you really expect to keep your customers that has been affected by this?

Can someone contact me regarding my order and my Gift Card money?! This is absolutely unacceptable! Here it is, more than a week later and no correspondence regarding my order. At the very least an email could have been sent to all in your database apologizing and explaining and compensating for this!

Targetpoorly trained employee

I was in the target Store in Cheektowago. NY (walden galleria). I went to purchase multiple items after collecting various coupons I used and spending a great deal of time finding the products and making sure they were appropriate for the ooupons being applied. The girl at the checkout bagged and put all the items in my cart (I had a very large order with multiple bags). After she started applying the coupons she began questing whether on purchased them and refused to look on the register receipt on the computer but made me dig though the bags to show her each iten (even if i bought three; i had to find all three!) really.

The line was building up. The last item she questioned (and by this time i was really annoyed) I could not find it while digging through the bags several times and it was in a bag by her; not even in the cart! We got the item out; she said this is not the right size for the coupon and I stood there thinking “how could that be”?. After I looked at the product I said wait a minute it is the right size and had to literally show her the size!. My daughter is a cashier at a local grocery store and she agreed that it was really ridiculous how she dragged out that whole transaction, held up the line and embarrassed me.

I have not had this happen in all my Target travels so I am assuming this female was likely poorly trained. I appreciate your feedback. I am a long time valued customer.

• Th
                              The Ogre May 03, 2012

That was probably not the right way to do it, but she was probably new and didnt want to mess up. Maybe try keeping all your items you have coupons for all together at the end of your order so they can be checked as she scans them.

Targetracial profiling by employee

On Monday, Nov. 28, 2011 I walked into the Target in Houston, Texas on N Eldridge and FM 1960 with my wife. As my wife and I were shopping, in the mens cologne, makeup dept. The P&L employee Leon was following me everywhere in the store as if I was stealing. I asked him why he was following me around, and he said “I am just doing my job”. As he continued to follow my wife and I around, my wife asked him why, and he replied like a robot, the same thing, “I am just doing my job. I left all my merchandise in the basket and asked for a Mgr.

Another black employee, Teresa the “Mgr”, said he was just doing his job, and she would ask Leon why he was following us. No police where called, because I or my wife were not stealing. We left becasue of the way we were treated. Because of my race, Hispanic, doesn’t mean I have to be treated like a theif. I have never stolen, nor do I have a criminal record. To be treated that way after shopping at that store for years, and spending $ there since day one was very upsetting.

No one should be treated that way, unless you are caught red handed, and Mgrs., should not stick up for the employess unless they are right. I could have swore, the reason places like that stay around is because of my $. I hate to be profiled, and I can’t think, and they cannot justify what they did tonight at the store. They have lost my business. Walmart, I am coming back !

Target — target won't refund my damaged item

I received the Evenflo Triple Fun Jungle Exer Saucer on 11/17. The box was beat up and had a hole in the...

TargetI won't ever use target on line if this isn't fixed

I tried for two days to order a ALIVE doll but after hours on the computer and being billed for FOUR orders and no way to delete and being told to give my Number which I didn’t remember I gave us and call Toys R Us and got my order without and problems disgusted with Target. I did pay $2 more because it wasn’t on sale. But it was worth it. Also, for some reason the Super Target in Savage, Minnesota has what looks like a homeless person with about a 12″ long skinny beard working in the produce department without a beard net or gloves. I observed this person on a recent visit, stroking the full length of his beard with his hands and then he proceeded to stock fresh produce on the shelves. YUK!!!

The store manager must think there’s nothing wrong with that. I will not buy any produce from any Target store after this incident. I have been trying for a half hour to simply order two oven mitts, and it won’t let me check out. You already have my registratrion and my credit card info, but every time I try to checkout it won’t even take me there. This is Christmas. I deserve better treatment than this. I won’t ever use target on line if this isn’t fixed.

Targetdo not register at target baby registry

Do Not register at Target!! I registered with Target Baby a few months ago and have had nothing but headaches. Their website is a disaster and crashes every day. Items go out of stock almost as soon as you put them on making it impossible for your friends and family to purchase items off your registry. Nearly 70% of what we registered for a month ago are now out of stock! Customer service is a nightmare and they put you on hold for over an hour only to disconnect you at the end. We’ve had gifts sent to us off our registry with no packing slips or information about who sent these items.

I have to ask around to all family and friends and do my own detective work to find out who sent me these gifts. Not a single person at my Target store or Target.com can tell me who sent these gifts. How absurd is that?? They were shipped from the Target warehouse and they cannot identify who purchased the item. Save yourself time and hassle and register at Babies R Us!

• Mo
                                    Mommy2B Jul 31, 2012

I completely agree - Think twice before registering (baby) at Target! We received 4 different gifts in the email - not knowing who they were from until the last box arrived with the note on it from who sent it. We were then able to match up the order numbers to ensure it came from the same person. I just called customer service because the Pack n Play we registered for is STILL out of stock. All I was requesting from them is a friendly email saying when my item is in stock. She said she would fill out a form and send it to the right department. She nor her supervisor (who wouldn't even talk to me) didn't know the process or when I'd receive an email. You can't just wait for things like these when you have a baby due right around the corner! All she would say is just check back on your registry. Well I would if I worked in front of my computer everyday! Other places have it in stock. And Babies R Us even sends you an email when it comes in stock! Target could have made the situation better if they would have given me cash for the gift cards I received. But Target is unwilling to give us cash for those. Go figure. Register at Babies R Us...and put those 20% off coupons to good use!

• Th
                                    the more you know Sep 20, 2012

We did a wedding registry and there and so many items went out of stock almost as soon as we put them on there. The gun that you use in the store to scan items you want broke three times while we were making our registry. During the next 2 months, we got many gifts in the mail, but none said anything about who they were from. We called Target to find out who sent them, and they said they could only tell us with things ordered online. Well, all of the items were ordered online, and yet they still could not tell us who purchased them. The person we spoke to on the phone seemed to know nothing about how it worked and put us on hold endless times asking other people how to find the information we requested, and in the end said there was no way to gather that information. Now we are stuck with the job of trying to figure out who sent us about 10 presents. Thanks a lot Target. What a waste of time. We also made a registry with Amazon.com and they were great. Most items had free shipping for our guests, (we had an out of town wedding). Not only that, but they have an automatic thank you list generated with the names and address of the people who sent the gift, in addition to a picture of the gift. You can't go wrong with Amazon, they made it such a breeze. I regret ever going to Target for my wedding registry.

Target.comordering problems with website

On the 14th of September, I placed an order through the .com/website. I rec’d an email from Target.com immediately after completing my order, confirming the order, providing me with an order # and an estimated delivery date for my order. The estimated delivery date was from 9/20 to 9/22/11. Today is 9/29, and I have not yet rec’d the order. I attempted to look up the order status on line, which did not work.

I phoned the number listed for customer service, was eventually connected to a young woman who could barely speak English, and who proceeded to tell me that “due to the fact that we have a “bad computer”, the order ended-up in Target’s “junk pile”, and therefore, “will not yet been filled.” I beg your pardon, but I am writing to you from the ordering computer, which is a 2011 MacBook, used by me exclusively. She was rude, did nothing to help the situation, interms of apologies, no offer to re-order and expedite my shipping due to my inconvenience, and then disconnected the call.

If you truly do record calls for quality assurance, whom, may I ask, listens to them? I had to call back, the first woman had deleted my original order, and we had to start from scratch. This employee spoke perfect English, but asked me to repeat every single thing I said, at least once. She was slow, not very accommodating, and again, no offers to ship my order more quickly due to the inconvenience.

If we did not truly need the book cases that I ordered, trust me, I would NOT re-order them. Going forward, I will be much more judicial about trusting Target.com with my money, my order and my time. Target stores are exemplary, in my opinion, but your online ordering system is pitiful, at best. This whole situation has cost me over one hour of my time today, we’ve waited two + weeks for a non-existant order to arrive, and never rec’d any communication from Target to say that the items should be re-ordered due to a problem on your end.

And yet, I receive at least one email every two days from Target, telling me what to buy/what’s on sale, etc. Wow. Good luck to you – you need it!