Having problems with Target?

+1 800 591 3869 (Online Experience)
+1 800 440 0680 (Guest Relations)
+1 800 888 9333 (Gift Registry & Target Lists)
+1 877 798 2743 (Pharmacy & Clinic)
+1 800 544 2943 (Target Gift Cards)
+1 800 544 3875 (Target Gift Card Business Orders)
+1 800 424 6888 (Redcard Guest Services)
+1 612 815 9922 (Target Mastercard - Outside the USA)
+1 888 729 7331 (Target Debit Card)
PO Box 9350
Minneapolis, Minnesota
United States - 55440-9350

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Target.

Complaints & Reviews

Target Audience Online Aka Generation Xrip off no emails really sent

this vendor also known as Generation X . would not give me refund nor credit and hung up on me.. they are providing fraudulent statistics/documentation for work provided.. I tracked their so called "clicks" and all are coming from the same IP address.. moreover, in researching this company after the fact I see many complaints about the same issue.. they are NOT providing the service as promised .both offers that I paid for had "zero" conversions. I have over $13 EPC's with some of these offers so I know that they work. these were easy email address submits that I convert ALL OF THE TIME using my resources and other vendors. when I called to discuss the situation. they simply say that its my fault for non conversions when I fact they are not sending out emails to subscribed lists they are just internally opening emails from the same ip address.. STAY AWAY FROM THEM

Target / Cerritos / CA — bad customer service

I bought a cordless phone on 8/24/13 at 5::35 pm pt from store #0289 cerritos ca about half hour later I went...

Hawaiian Gardens

Target/gift Card — bad customer service/gift card

I was given a gift card from Target Warranty for defective Xbox. I took gift card to store to make a...

Target Red Cardprocess of closing account

I opened a Target Red Card a little while back. I used it and paid off the balance. I decided to close it since I wasn't using it. I was on the phone for 45 minutes to close the account. Basically while the woman was talking I read a book and each time she stopped I said, "No thank you, I would just like to close the account today". She was polite, but why can't they just close the account? You really have to be persistent! I finally got it closed and asked if they could send a letter stating it was closed. I can't afford to buy anything so why charge up a credit card? My advice, if you want to open a Target Credit Card do so, but it's not easy to close.

Targetwill not refund a return, only issue an inside store credit

I ordered a memory foam online from Target. It was not memory foam, it was hard as a rock. The invoice I received with the mattress said I could not return it at the store, I had to mail it back to the company. Once they received the mattress they send me an "e-card" return to be spent only inside Target. They said they do this for all mail returns, however if I would have returned it to the store, I would have gotten my money back. The invoice said I could not return it to the store!!! Do not ever order anything online from Target! They are holding my $400 hostage!!!

Target Mobile — cell phone warranty

Do not EVER purchase a cell phone from Target Mobile...everything is hunky dory during your purchase...

Targetridiculous expectations

Target is your average retail corporation. What I mean by this, is that the company has insane expectations of employees, yet does not treat them with respect or pay them well at all.

For privacy reasons, I have omitted the store I work at, but I feel as though I need to express my disapproval of this company and the store I work at.

I was hired on as a Backroom Team Member, who is responsible for pulling auto-fills in the morning, back-stocking product from the trucks and, occasionally, performing a suspect date audit (SDA), pulling "research" batches and hourly CAFs. Research batches are compiled by the Instocks Team, who scans shelves throughout the store so that empty or under-stocked locations can be filled. CAFs, on the other hand, are computer-generated batches of product based on what is being sold throughout the store.

Normally my morning consists of the SDA (checking for expired product), then pulling research until 11am, which is when the first CAFs begin to drop. Research and CAFs have one thing in common: they are both time-sensitive. Research must be pulled within an hour of the batch being entered into the system; CAFs must be pulled by the end of the hour. Any batches that "expire" negatively affect the backroom scores.

There are two problems with this system, however:
        1) Instocks scans research batches until 11am, meaning that research will occasionally show up during the 11am CAF pulls.
        2) All of these pulls are done by one person in the backroom from 11am-5pm, then once again at 7pm.

On a slow day where there are 12-20 batches an hour, CAFs are fairly manageable. However, the CAF Monitor (a report that shows how long each batch should take to pull) does not take into account: distance traveled, broken/uncharged powered equipment, PDA issues, guest pulls, vendor questions, assisting coworkers and any other interruptions that may occur. So on days where there are 25-38 batches per hour, CAFs become unmanageable and incredibly frustrating. At the store I work at, the TLs and ETLs are never held accountable and rarely do their jobs so as a result, if I call for help with the CAFs, I generally get nothing as a response. The best part about this is, when I go to my supervisor about this, I'm the one who gets the blame. They tell me I should "keep trying, " despite the fact that I try several times before giving up.

Personally, I feel the CAF system is in dire need of an overhaul. The idea that one person can pull every item from every batch, every hour without fail, is asinine at best. My pull times per batch are even within estimates, so if I'm still failing despite meeting the estimates, something isn't working. My supervisors keep telling me that "a batch here or there isn't that big of a deal, " yet it negatively affects our score, which does nothing but anger my coworkers.

Another issue that has been affecting my pulls is that, for whatever reason, product that is back-stocked earlier in the morning will come out in the CAFs. This may seem normal, except for the fact that the items being pulled aren't actually needed on the sales floor. Essentially what happens is that I end up undoing a lot of the work that was done earlier, only for the items in question to come right back to the backroom so that they can be back-stocked -again-. The PDA doesn't consider the items as "challenge" when being back-stocked, either, so there has to be a glitch in the system somewhere. (When an item is "challenged" by the PDA, that means it should be pushed back to the sales-floor instead of being back-stocked).

On the note of my coworkers, the best way I can describe them is that they are like a fraternity. They all drink and party, yet are unsociable with new employees (a.k.a. "outsiders") and will stab them in the back without hesitation. They also make baseless, often hypocritical accusations against newcomers simply to get them in trouble. Because the current backroom team is so close, there's also a lot of drama that occurs, even between supervisor and subordinate. One of my coworkers told me that the backroom team was once accused of "hazing" new employees or "scaring them off, " but honestly I think people left partly because there's so much bulls**t that goes on. One of the supervisors has even been accused of sleeping with one of her subordinates which, based on her preferential treatment towards this coworker, wouldn't surprise me at all.

When it comes to the Team Leads and Elite Team Leads (TLs and ETLs respectfully), they, as I said before, are rarely held accountable for their behavior. The Plano ETL is constantly shirking her duties and forcing them onto her team, yet will spend entire shifts upstairs on the computer. Her team constantly mocks her behind her back and doesn't think she's fit to be an ETL, yet because she's buddy-buddy with HR, nothing can be done to fix things.

The flow team TL, while being a genuinely good guy, constantly has his team stay far past their scheduled time, which causes a strain when it comes to the budget for the schedule. There have been times where his team has expended 100 hours in a single week, forcing other teams to cut shifts left and right. Yet he is never held accountable for doing this.

The backroom supervisors are also buddy-buddy with HR. The ETL, however, brown-noses constantly and is manipulating the new store manager (or STL, Store Team Lead). The entire backroom team is becoming increasingly frustrated with both of them as neither of them actually spend time in the backroom. Their management style is also very hands-off, which tends to cause a lot of in-fighting and only makes the drama worse. The supervisors also judge the backroom almost entirely on reports and first-impressions, rarely taking into account the reasons as to why we are behind or struggling.

One of the biggest reasons the backroom team is constantly struggling is because, as several of my coworkers have put it, we are the "###" of the store. If a TL or ETL needs someone to do something, they will automatically call a backroom team member, regardless of how swamped we are. And if we say that we can't help, we get in trouble. This is only made worse by the fact that our supervisors have done NOTHING to correct this, causing problems for the backroom on a near-daily basis.

To anyone thinking of working at Target: don't. I work my ### off for $9.75 an hour, am never recognized for my hard work and will never get ahead because I'm not "one of the guys." If you can put up with the constant drama, the unrealistic expectations and can keep your mouth shut, maybe you'll have a chance, but I wouldn't bet on it.

masterjobs.net Jun 06, 2013

Read more reviews from employees about working at Target http://masterjobs.net/target

Target — misinformation

I'm a former employee of Target. I've been quiet about a lot of things despite the fact that a lot...

Target Storesstealing from customer!

I recently returned an item to Target, with a receipt, and found several days later that they both refunded and then re- charged me for the price of the item upon checking my statement. I called the store managers several times and was told to wait a few days until all pending transactions had cleared. I then took all my documentation, receipt, credit card statement, to the store in person and spoke with 3 different "managers" who were absolutely useless. Then since they could not help me and were probably upset that I would not stop standing my ground and explaining that they owe me for the additional charge, they sent a security guard to try to "shoo"me out of the store with no resolution, saying that I needed to call guest relations. Well, after a whole go around with this department also, they still refuse to give me money back! I cannot believe a multi-million dollar company with all its information technology cannot figure this out and just give me back what is rightfully mine. This is downright, indisputable theft of consumer's money! Still no resolution or willingness from any Target employee to help :-((( Very poor customer relations and ethics - nobody seemed to care. Will not shop there again and will let everyone know about this incident of stealing.

Targetinterviewed by 20 yr old

As a 41 year old female, I recently attended an interview for Target, I applied for Shipper and for Cashier...I dressed myself up in proper interview clothes, did some research on the history of Target and showed up early for my interview. I was sitting in the interview room with people in ripped jeans, t-shirts, jogging pants... I was called in to the room where there were at least 8 other interviews going on, it was loud and confusing. I sat down at the table I was directed to and my "interviewers" were 2 young people, no older than 20, they laughed and joked all the way through the process, didn't even ask me questions about working in a warehouse, nor did they have a copy of my resume in front of them. After about 4 minutes of whatever the hell that was, I was rushed back to the waiting room. After that my interviewer came out, shook my hand and told me they would e-mail me in a few days, either way. I didn't get the job...
            I have recently talked to people who got jobs there...first, they hired on the spot...second, they only hired "like" people, young, gorgeous, skinny, expendable...of all the people my age and with my experience, none of us were hired...
            What type of store are they trying to run here? I can tell you right now, I'm not shopping at a place run by teenagers...that place is not going to last, and I'll boycott it until I have no more voice...GRRRR

Target - Merona Shoes — wear and tear after two months unacceptable

I purchased a pair of Men's Merona® Ryan Driver Shoe in November of 2012 and after two months of...

Target Optical — eye glasses

I bought $500 Ray Ban glasses almost 2 years ago at Target optical and wanted the transition lenses. The...

Targetdeceptive practice

Target advertised they were honoring competitors ads until Dec 15. Yesterday 11/22/12 I waited in line hours before there 9pm opening. The cashier was changing the prices and occurred an error on one of the items because it stated the price was too low to honor. When she called her manager over the manager told her that they were not honoring ads on black Friday. She stated it was in the policy at the customer service counter. I went to customer service counter where they had a post card with target policies and in middle it had one line that stated would not honor black Friday ads. I told manager that wasn't right that no where in there advertisement, or online did it state that. She still refused and asked me to leave before she escorted me out. Target was very deceptive and falsely advertising just to get black Friday shoppers in.

• SKOR Nov 23, 2012

If they were honouring competitors' ads until Dec.15, why did you pick the busiest shopping day of the year to price match an item?

katrina ferguson Nov 24, 2012

What the [censored] business of yours is it when I price match? If you are not going to respond intelligentally to my review then shut the [censored] up.

I was so fed up that day that I told her if she did not honor the price as advertized I would slap her. She said I was upsetting the other customers and asked me to leave. I told her I would not leave until I got the price match and she told me escorted me out. I told her the coward I would not leave and she threatened to call the police. A lady behind me told me she was calling the police and I told her if she did I would grab her cell phone and break it and slap her eight and 11 year old children. Then she escorted me out of the store.

katrina ferguson Nov 24, 2012

What business of it is yours loser.

I told the manager if she did not honor price I would slap her and she asked me to leave. I told her I would not leave until I got the price match and she was coward and threatened to call the police. The lady behind me was a neighbor who hates blacks. Her children were staring at me and she was going to call the police. I told her that if she does I would grab the phone from her and stomp on it then slap her eight year old girl and 11 year old boy. Then I was escorted out of store.

katrina ferguson Nov 24, 2012

It is none of your business.

When I told manager I would slap her if she did not honor the price she told me to leave the store. Mother with eight year old and 11 year old threatened to call police. I told her if she did I would grab her phone from her, stomp on it and slap her racist children.

katrina ferguson Nov 24, 2012

Anyways I was angry, I would never hit anyone. I only said I would slap manager if she did not honor the black friday price match. I would never hit anyone, she was bigger than me.

Target In Aiken, SC — bad business

Target in Aiken, is operated by an incompetent store manager & racist, she refuses to hire or keep employed...

Target Department Store In Aiken, SC — racism

Target in Aiken, SC | 2545 Whiskey Rd, Aiken, SC: is operated by an incompetent store manager & racist, she...

Target — unethical methods

I was checking out in a Target store and the clerk asked if I would like a Target special customer card. She...

Target National Bank — bad collection practices

I had a change in family status and as a result change in my financial status. I could not make payments on...

Target Dept. Store In West Augusta Supports Racism — discrimination

Avoid shopping at this store!!! The store manager, admitted to me that they enforce racist policies, and do...

Target Redcardno reasonable review of disputed charges

Beginning 07/05/12, I attempted to dispute 2 charges on my Target RedCard for auto repairs that were improperly performed, causing additional damage to the vehicle that left it undriveable & not worth repairing, ultimately forcing us to sell a previously running vehicle as junk. On 7/10 I contacted Target RedCard again & was treated with incredible disrespect by representative Jackie, then transferred to representative Kim, who requested I submit information about the repairs. I submitted the receipts from the original repairs, an estimate for repairs needed after the damage, a letter from the mechanic who examined the vehicle at that time, & a timeline & description of the problems on 07/30/12. I received no response from Target RedCard until contacting them on 08/13/12. Kim returned my call on 08/14/12, informing me that we would have had to have the repairs redone in order to pursue the dispute, and that since the repairs were not redone they would not pursue the dispute further. As the vehicle was seriously damaged due to the improper repairs, this would have been futile & impossible without significant additional repair. I was also told that the representative assigned to my case, Tara, had attempted to contact me several times; however, I never received a message from her, or any information beyond the initial letter informing me that she had been assigned to the case. Target RedCard has handled this matter improperly & very unprofessionally, providing me incomplete or incorrect information throughout, failing to communicate in a timely or professional manner, & refusing to properly review my case or consider the evidence I submitted. I believe Target National Bank is attempting to thwart my exercise of my rights as a consumer by imposing unreasonable requirements to review my case.

Targetracism... on return policy

I had to return 4 brand new polo shirts that I baught for my father. The shirts were unworn and I was returning them because he has just entered hospice care, and would never be able to ware them. They had all the price tags and stickers on them.
                  They were in the original bag, but I had lost the receipt. I understand that I would just get a store credit because I had paid cash.
                  First of all they required my driver's license. I did not have to show an ID to buy the shirts.Then they only gave me $10 each on shirts that still had their price tag on them for $14.99 and told that was all they woul refund!. They stole $21.42 fom me! I am not paranoid or immature, I sit on the Board of the local Hispanic Chamber and service on the Govenor's Board on Hispanic Affairs. So this is either a bad ploicy or a bad employee, but the net resut is simple theaft! I would suggest that people of good conscience not do business with them. Thank you!

• Ga
                      gatortracks Jul 30, 2012

You mentioned racism in the title but didn't support it in your complaint. What was racist?

NormanBates Jul 30, 2012

Take your butt back to the Governor's Board and have a seat. Open up your English and Grammar books and use the race card as a bookmark. No receipt, you get the price they were recently on sale for.

• LinusOno1 Jul 30, 2012

Norman, how's your mom doing?

NormanBates Jul 30, 2012

Stiff as a board.

• Li
                      liamc Aug 06, 2012

I actually work at target in refunds and this policy is completely correct. If you have lost or thrown away your receipt, they can only give u an exchange-only coupon for whatever the shirts currently scan at. Perhaps it would be worth your while to read the refund policy and think about keeping your receipts :)