Having problems with Target?

+1 800 591 3869 (Online Experience)
+1 800 440 0680 (Guest Relations)
+1 800 888 9333 (Gift Registry & Target Lists)
+1 877 798 2743 (Pharmacy & Clinic)
+1 800 544 2943 (Target Gift Cards)
+1 800 544 3875 (Target Gift Card Business Orders)
+1 800 424 6888 (Redcard Guest Services)
+1 612 815 9922 (Target Mastercard - Outside the USA)
+1 888 729 7331 (Target Debit Card)
PO Box 9350
Minneapolis, Minnesota
United States - 55440-9350

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Target.

Complaints & Reviews

Target Brands, Inc.target refused to help me retrieve paid for merchandise

The cashier failed to bag an item I purchased. When I got home I called the store to ask them to hold it for me. I was concerned because it was the last item in stock. Customer relations was exceedingly rude and told me I would have to come back to handle the matter in person. I called corporate customer service and ended up on hold for more than 1 hour before giving up. The representative did not call back as promised despite having my phone number. Called corporate again, and another representative finally got through to the store. I was told my purchase would be in customer service with my name on it. Two days later I went to the store and they did not have my item. I was also informed that they do not put customer names on merchandise. I called corporate again, and a third representative called the store and was told the item had been sent to customer relations, but had subsequently disappeared. I have been told my item is no longer in stock.

Target.comtarget personnel and slander behind back unprofessional!!!

You have loss this families business and i will redirect all other family members and friends- have been shopping with target for years and today you blew it!!

Trainer tyler one of bangor maine "target employee" today during checkout with my wife and 15 year old son stated to my wife "boy that's allot of candy.."
    1st off it what type of simple comment is that to a female. 2nd whose business is it how many i purchase.
    It was simple, uneducated, rude, ignorant, irreverent and invasive of our privacy for any business employee to remark and state that type of comment to anyone regardless even though it is a month before halloween/

We had 4 packages of 2 flavors of $2.79 candy corn for a total of eight packages. A few of the packs were for my wife's candy dish at her work.

I told him boy they sell for $6.50 on ebay. At that point he became offensive and asked if i was buying it here or selling it and told me he would not sell them to me and it was illegal for me to purchase them and resell and pulled them off the counter and put them under the register. I said are you kidding me? Then said forget it i don't to give target the money and i don't want them.

Sorry target but you don't tell me what i can buy and then try and tell me what i can do with it -- but don't worry as you will never again as i (Or my family and as many friends as i can tell both personally and socially online) will not shop with target again and will spread the word!!!

He had an attitude probably because he was busy as we were in line for quite a while and he was extremely rude and told me how he went through training 6 months ago and would not sell them to me and grabbed them all off the register. He stated that it was illegal for me to buy them if i was going to resell them on ebay. What is he talking about????

Target needs to train this employee on customer service and re-educate in common sense and maine laws in which is legal and illegal.

We had two more packages in which he sternly questioned my wife about them. We had to argue with him that they were for us. I questioned him about their rule and tried to educate him that it's not illegal to resell an item that i have legitimately purchased. Once i purchase something at retail it is mine to do with as i choose. I can shred it sell it or give it away. He said he went to training and told me it was illegal and to call the state of maine.
    Target needs to at least educate this employee about in the u.S., the "first sale doctrine" provides that the purchaser can resell that tangible item if he/she decides.

At this point i was peeved and wanted to return everything (And still may) but my wife didn't wan't to be belittled and embarrassed any further by targets trainer tyker as there were plenty of other customers all around us that saw and heard making us feel like a felon. She paid cash and we left the register. I was still steaming and we went to the in store starbucks.

Then the worse part comes, while waiting for our coffee this same employee didn't realize my son standing off to the side and saw that i was away from hearing. My son was within hearing distance and over heard him saying to two other employees talking about me how i was buying candy corn to resell on ebay and how he wouldn't sell to me and i was asking why also he was pointing over at me. He is lucky i didn't see him as i would have confronted him in person as i do not like slander spread about me behind my back/ i do not feel this was professional and also ignorant.

This part was told to me in the car by my son and wife as we were leaving & luckily i was out of the store for his sake.
    I // my family will not tolerate this and would like corporate to contact with what they are going to do to rectify this !!!

Not to mention when my wife went into the ladies room on this same visit it was disgustingly filthy, trash overfull then top off with no toilet paper -- i will no longer recommend anyone there after many, many years of faithful shopping with target --!!
    Over a ten dollar sale -- i will be returning the items we bought today as well and never give target another penny.

Is this legal for them to do to a customer???

• Ac
        aceadams Sep 11, 2016

YOU HAVE LOSS THIS FAMILIES BUSINESS AND I WILL REDIRECT ALL OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS AND FRIENDS- HAVE BEEN SHOPPING WITH TARGET FOR YEARS AND TODAY YOU BLEW IT!!

Trainer Tyler one of Bangor Maine "TARGET EMPLOYEE" today during checkout with my wife and 15 year old son stated to my wife "boy that's allot of candy.."
        1st off it what type of simple comment is that to a female. 2nd whose business is it how many I purchase.
        It was simple, uneducated, rude, ignorant, irreverent and invasive of our privacy for any business employee to remark and state that type of comment to anyone regardless even though it is a month before Halloween/

I told him boy they sell for $6.50 on ebay. At that point he became offensive and asked if I was buying it here or selling it and told me he would not sell them to me and it was illegal for me to purchase them and resell and pulled them off the counter and put them under the register. I said are you kidding me? then said forget it I don't to give target the money and I don't want them.

Sorry target but you don't tell me what I can buy and then try and tell me what I can do with it -- But don't worry as You will never again as I (or my family and as many friends as I can tell both personally and socially online) WILL NOT SHOP WITH TARGET AGAIN AND WILL SPREAD THE WORD!!!

He had an attitude probably because he was busy as we were in line for quite a while and he was extremely rude and told me how he went through training 6 months ago and would not sell them to me and grabbed them all off the register. He stated that it was illegal for me to buy them if I was going to resell them on ebay. What is he talking about????

TARGET NEEDS TO TRAIN THIS EMPLOYEE ON CUSTOMER SERVICE AND RE-EDUCATE IN COMMON SENSE AND MAINE LAWS IN WHICH IS LEGAL AND ILLEGAL.

We had two more packages in which he sternly questioned my wife about them. We had to argue with him that they were for us. I questioned him about their rule and tried to educate him that it's not illegal to resell an item that I have legitimately purchased. Once I purchase something at retail it is mine to do with as I choose. I can shred it sell it or give it away. He said he went to training and told me it was illegal and to call the state of Maine.
        Target needs to at least educate this employee about in the U.S., the "first sale doctrine" provides that the purchaser can resell that tangible item if he/she decides.

At this point I was peeved and wanted to return everything (and still may) but my wife didn't wan't to be belittled and embarrassed any further by Targets Trainer Tyker as there were plenty of other customers all around us that saw and heard making us feel like a felon. She paid cash and we left the register. I was still steaming and we went to the in store starbucks.

Then the worse part comes, while waiting for our coffee this same employee didn't realize my son standing off to the side and saw that I was away from hearing. My son was within hearing distance and over heard him saying to two other employees talking about me how I was buying candy corn to resell on ebay and how he wouldn't sell to me and I was asking why also he was pointing over at me. He is lucky I didn't see him as I would have confronted him in person as I do not like slander spread about me behind my back/ I do not feel this was professional and also ignorant.

This part was told to me in the car by my son and wife as we were leaving & luckily I was out of the store for his sake.
        I // MY FAMILY WILL NOT TOLERATE THIS AND WOULD LIKE CORPORATE TO CONTACT WITH WHAT THEY ARE GOING TO DO TO RECTIFY THIS !!!

Not to mention when my wife went into the ladies room on this same visit it was disgustingly filthy, trash overfull then top off with no toilet paper -- I will no longer recommend anyone there after many, many years of faithful shopping with Target --!!
        Over a ten dollar sale -- I will be returning the items we bought today as well and never give target another penny.

Is this legal for them to do to a customer???

Targetthe way employees are treated

Why nothing is done regarding how employees at treated at Target?. How can this abuse be stopped?. Why if there is so many complaints the labor department doesn't investigate?. I work at Target in Boca Raton, florida and the way we are treated is horrible.

• Al
          Alau Sep 09, 2016

They are the same way in Ohio. They treat their team members like children and I'm baffled at how it continues to get worse and worse and nothings being done. I had to leave after 6 plus years.

A. in Ohio

Target.comreturns

Normally I don't complain but today is going to be one of those days.
        Please beware of Target's policies.
        I ordered an item to pick up at the store. The lady put the item in
        my cart and I went to my car. I noticed as I was taking the item out
        it was the wrong item. I went back into the store within 5 minutes and they told me they could not give me a credit back for 24 hours.
        I figured okay, little did I know I would have to bring the item back in
        24 hours because they couldn't credit it that day.
        What the heck. I wasn't the employee that picked the wrong item
        and in this day and age most charges could be credited the same
        day. Now I have to go back tommorrow for the credit
        Lesson learned DON'T SHOP at TARGET!!

Target — abuse of employees-over exhaustion due to short staffing

I am writing to complain about the way the Target stores short staff, then expect employees to do the work of...

Targetbeyond ridiculous

I have ordered an item from Target and did not get anything. I contacted customer service and they said that my item was delivered and that I was supposed to receive it a few weeks ago.
          So I called the shipping company and found out that my order was delivered to the wrong address. Target shipped my order to the wrong place and when I called them they admitted their mistake but refused to do anything!
          What a scam! It was their fault and they agreed they did a mistake but refused to refund me! Beyond ridiculous!! Better stay away from this place!

Target.comorder cancelled after I paid for it online and received no credit

I ordered 2 items on my daughters baby registry. One item was in store and available for immediate pick up. The second item had to be ordered. I paid for the entire purchase and my daughter picked up the first item immediately. Target stated that they would send me an email confirmation notifying me when the other item would arrive at the store. I received 3 emails on the day of the purchase but no emails after that day. Since we did not receive the confirmation email, my daughter went back to the store to inquire about the item. The store had no idea what was going on and told her the order was cancelled. I contacted target.com today and was told the order was cancelled because we failed to pick up the item. Before calling target, I verified that the funds cleared my bank and that I did NOT receive any target credits. I placed my order 2 weeks ago and target still has not began the credit process. They offered me discounts but all I want is for my daughter to get what I had purchased for her. For some reason, Target is unable to fill my order so I will find the same product or similar from WalMart.

Targetsecurity (or lack thereof)

I wanted to make everyone aware of an incident that occurred at a Target store that greatly upset me, frightened me, and has kept me from shopping at any Target locations or online.
              On April 22, 2016, I went to the Target store a block from my house, at Potomac Yard in Alexandria, VA to make an exchange. I placed my item at the counter, found a replacement in the store, and returned to make an exchange. When I arrived back at customer service there was quite a line, which I promptly lined up in. Another customer barged up from the store rudely getting in front of other customers. I told this customer that there was a line. He told me he had already placed an item at the counter and he could go up front. I told him that did not seem right. The whole time I was respectful, even calling him sir. This customer became irate. He repeatedly looked back from the transaction and glared at me. He then started asking if I had anything else to say to him, was I “finished, ” and generally yelling at me. I told him I had nothing to say to him. This proceeded for several minutes. I did not respond in an effort not to provoke his anger. When his transaction was done, he walked up to me in line and got in my face and proceeded to yell at me some more. I tried to deescalate the situation and then just ignored him. I could not get away or leave the area because this customer remained in my face yelling at me, I couldn’t even move for fear that he would hit me. He said I was lucky he didn’t “kick my ###, ” that he would “end me, ” “finish me, ” and that the way I spoke to him would “get me smacked, ” and he kept talking to me like this until eventually he saw security coming and walked away.
              Several other customers and an associate directed the security guard to the man who had threatened me. I was too scared to leave the store so I waited for security to approach him. At this point Security then came up to me in front of all the other customers and told me I had to leave because I had threatened another customer. I told the security guard I would happily leave after retrieving my previously purchased item from the counter, because I did not want to start trouble. At this point several other customers and the associate nearby told her that he had in fact threatened me. The security guard then told me I could stay. I was going to leave anyway, but another customer urged me to stay, saying that the irate customer who threatened me was still in the store and would likely follow me to my car. At this point the irate customer was shouting at security, refused to leave the store, and kept saying he would leave when he was “good and ready.” I tried to ignore the scene and finish my exchange. I walked out of the store and this man, his wife, and his child were standing by the trashcans right next to the front doors. At this point the man starting yelling at me, asking if I had “anything else to say.” I shook my head and proceeded to my car. He and his family started following me. I weaved in and out of vehicles trying to throw them off. Eventually I made it to my car and jumped in quicker than I ever have. The man then stood in the middle of the parking lot road to block my exit. I had to swerve around him so I could leave, because reversing would have caused me to back into someone.
              Before this event I did most of my grocery and house shopping at this location. In fact, the proximity to Target was one of the main reasons I bought my home. Now, I have only been back twice-both times to ask a manager if anything had been done. Whether a new protocol was in place, or if security had been retrained. Moreover, on manager offered me a $20 gift card for my troubles. He practically forced it into my hands. I returned the gift card to him unused because it was actually very insulting. I paid for the one essential item I bought out of pocket and haven’t been back since.
              I understand that Target cannot control the actions of its customers, however, it can make sure irate customers who are threatening to harm others are ejected from the store. When the irate customer was shouting at security that he would not leave, the police should have been called. They should have also been called to walk me to my car (I wouldn’t expect an employee to take that risk). Moreover, why would security take so long to respond to a frightening situation, namely a female customer being screamed at and threatened with bodily harm (and her getaway completely blocked) by a much larger man? Also, to ask the non-offending customer to leave, particularly when she is the only one cooperating? That was humiliating as well. Target is simply not a safe place to be until staff is properly trained to handle such a situation.

• Wine Is Good May 23, 2016

Simply put, you should have called 911 and had him arrested. It is not any store's responsibility to protect you. This man broke the law, and you allowed it by not standing up to him. This makes him think he can do it to someone else, and he probably has and will. Don't let this jerk chase you off. Next time, call the cops.

Target Corporation — online ordering

I have just been told that I am welcome to shop in the store but I can't order online. I placed an order and...

Target, Annapolis MD — customer service at checkout

Went shopping at Target this morning; store was extremely crowded. Many people waiting in line for a long...

Targetfraudulent company stay away!

They still owe me my money! Ordered several items from this site about four months ago and did not get what I paid for! This Target is a terrible and dishonest company, they don't care about their customers and their reputation. They just stole my money and think that they can get away with this! I will post negative reviews about them everywhere I can and will tell my friends and colleagues about Target!

Target.comunethical behaviour

I will not shop anymore at your store and I will cancel my Redcard because of your stand on transgender bathrooms I am a women who does not want a man in the women's bathroom while I am sitting on a toilet with my pants down and yes we do know that men have been coming in without us being aware of it because they are acting like a woman.
                  Now you are opening up the chance more men coming in to the women's
                  bathrooms. Me and many women do not agree about what you are doing.
                  As for me I am done shopping at your store.

• Be
                      beth55 Jun 01, 2016

I could not AGREE more!

• Tu
                      TUrueta100 Sep 13, 2016

That's why I won't go to Target anymore. This proves they do not care about ALL of their customers. They can say what they want, but it goes both ways!

Target.comshipping cost charged was not what was agreed upon

I purchased 24.97 worth of items on target.com. Throughout the checkout process no shipping charge was indicated. After the order was placed I received a bill for 7.89 in shipping. I immediately contacted the customer service to cancel the order. The representative told me she canceled it. A day later I was charged the amount. I contacted them again and they did not attempt to correct or fix the error.

• Wine Is Good May 09, 2016

I just did a mock order and the shipping charge is on the cart page every time I add an item and it refreshes.

Target Stores.new gender neutral bathrooms

I have often thought Target a very safe store to shop in. Not any more. My wife, nieces, nephews, sons and grandsons and granddaughters will not be putting ourselves at risk to be spied upon or ogled at by perverts just because you want to make what you think is a political correct statement. Well I for one am tired of being snubbed and ignored and told to get over it. You people have lost your common sense and until an apology is given to me and a return to traditional values by your stores I will not be shopping at Targets stores.

• Ci
                          Cindy Kurneck Apr 26, 2016

They aren't asking you to share a bathroom with anyone. Target has single room bathrooms for ONE PERSON AT A TIME

Get a grip.

Target — unethical behavior

04-06=2016 Target...Got Less For Much More! I received a call yesterday stating I needed to pay our $39.18...

Target.comunit pricing info

Beware of the unit-price labelling at TARGET stores. I just found at least one unit-price sticker that was very badly incorrect, and if there's one, there might well be others.

I was looking at acetominophen. I found a set of 2 bottles, packaged together, each containing 250 tablets. The price (in Massachustts) for the set of 2 was $13.99. The unit-price sticker on the shelf showed the "price per 100" as $5.60--which is exactly double what it really is. (The math is simple: $13.99 X 2 = $28 (rounding up) per 1, 000 tablets--or $2.80/100.

The price sticker on the shelf looked like it must have come from corporate. I didn't have time to check any other prices, but no one ever accused any retailer of employing rocket scientists--even if, presumably, they're using calulators or computers to generate these things!!!

• Wine Is Good May 09, 2016

YOUR math is wrong. You are paying $13.99 for 250 tablets, OR $6.99 for each bottle ($13.99/2= $6.995). Which equals $.559 PER pill which equals, $5.59 for 100 pills. (.559X100=$5.59, which rounds to $5.60 per 100 pills). The unit price is correct.

Targetlods

Worked for target for over 4 years and have watched it go down hill. It use to be nice place to work, but not anymore. The loss have control over and some use that to their advantage! I got in trouble for something she thought I did (I did nothing)) it ended up getting worse when called in to office. Had two complaining about things which were not true, they made it into more than it was, ridiculous! No one should be treated by anyone to what I was!! Think target needs rechecking who runs the place better and maybe listen to employees more!!

Target.comtreatment from managers

Something happened one day at work. Lead took contents the wrong way and was nasty to me. Got called to office had 2 being nasty to me accusing me of people quitting because of me and has had many many complaints about me, really? For one thing I did have problems with 2 people they have hired, but so did other employees. No one has quit because of me ever!!! If I was such a problems why am I working still? I have been there almost 5 yrs the management is the worstever except a few. They treat us with disrespect always mad because work not done etc... They have unrealistic time schedule and has said as such. Not a good place to work at all. Also not aloud to be sick, Dr excuse or not!!#

• Br
                                Brenda Garrison Apr 22, 2016

Real sorry to hear Target thinks it's ok for a man with male parts is welcome to go in a ladies rest room. .No common sense, or perception You are wrong. You just lost a my shopping at Target .Too bad I did like to shop there.

Target — tv merchandising

I asked sales person for a Vizio 48" e-series TV as advertised and displayed on a sign. The sales person...

Target — customer return assistant

Return assistant accused me of trying to scam the Chicago West Loop Target store. I had a flat tire a couple...