T-Mobile / customer service of t-mobile for exchage of a faulty handset

PO Box 37380Albuquerque, NM, United States Review updated:

I bought Motorola Rizr phone from T-Mobile which is still under warranty. It suddenly stopped working and T-Mobile agreed to exchage the phone. Talked to Dona and Ashley from T-Mobile for almost an hour and half. They want to force me to pay for two way shipment. Besides they offered to exchange this faulty phone with another possibly used phone on which max warranty would be 90 days rather than one year. New phone comes with warranty of a year but they denied to offer it. Rather than paying for hassle, they wanted to get more money from me. At the end I was told that they will give 400 extra minutes worth 160$. Rather than that I requested just to waive off shipment cost for which they denied. I also offerred that I will collect exchanged phone from nearest T-Mobile dealer so that I do not have to pay for shipment but they did not agree to that either !! I bought a phone from dealer and so should I be able to get it exchanged through dealer. It is not written that I can not do that but they do not want to agree to that option or any other option rather than forcing me to pay more. When I suggested to pick up a replacement phone from dealer, I was asked 2-3 times that if I want my phone to be exchanged or not !! I certainly did not like such sarcastic threat and customer service experience. I am still under one year of contract so I am stuck with T-Mobile till then.
Va

Comments

Ma
  28th of Jan, 2009
I purchased a Samsung Behold cell phone from TMobile for Xmas, within one week the microphone stopped working, I returned the phone to my local TMobile center and to my surprise I was not given a new phone as a replacement but a refurbished phone. This after paying $100 and not to mention the manufacturing warranty that should have been honored. Now here is the best part; I gave the sales rep my social security number and my American Express card number to qualify and purchase the phone, only to find out that my identity had been stolen. I presume one of the TMobile reps stole my numbers and tried to assume my identity. I received a credit report alert stating that my address, phone, place of employment had been changed to an address unknown to me. I also got a call from American Express confirming my new address that I did not change. PLEASE DO NOT GIVE YOUR SOCIAL TO ANY TMOBILE REPs, AND DO NOT BUY FROM TMOBILE IF THE WARRANTY IS TO REPLACE A NEW PHONE WITH A REFURBISHED PHONE!!!
Ca
  3rd of Oct, 2009
Here's how it goes. You have a phone under warranty. T-Mobile's obligation is to supply you with a working phone of equal value. It does not have to be brand new. You have used your phone. So you are exchanging your used defective phone for a refurbished working phone. Seems pretty fair to me. Look at it this way: if you buy a new car, drive it for 6 months then trade it, your trade value would not be worth what you paid for it because it is used. And just as the dealer would not reimburse you for the gas you used to drive the car to the lot, T-Mobile does not pay to ship your phone. All of this is in the terms and conditions you received when you received the phone. I encourage you to read any paperwork or literature you receive when you enter into a business relationship with a company. Also, fyi, it's not that the reps were being difficult by not allowing you to go into the store to swap your phone. They just can't do that per policy. I hope you do get a working phone soon. Go ahead and do the warranty exchange. Call back and ask very nicely if they will credit the shipping as a one time courtesy. They probably will if you're nice about it.

T-Mobile USA Logo T-Mobile USA