Sonic Drive In / poor service nasty workers

1 Booneville, MS, United States Review updated:

We visited the local sonice tonite to order 3 simple things; a oreo blizzard, a banana split and a dish of vanilla icecream. There were 4 other cars there when we pulled in.
We waited for 20 min for the order.in the mean time one of the employers came in picking at his face and ear while he also had a rag dabbing blood from his hand!!! (We were told he was off the clock) so what gross!!! Then while we wait 4 or 5 other people were delivered their order, which was things that had to be cooked!! We oedered ice cream, we called the cook and told them to cancel the order because we had been waiting so long, as soon as we did this, they came out with the order.
Needless to say after seeing the nasty employer picking his face and dabbing blood from himself we did not want the food!! So be careful of sonic 1!!!

Gi

Comments

• Bi
      16th of Sep, 2008

Sonic doesn't have Blizzards STUPID

• Li
      28th of Oct, 2008

I went to the sonic in blytheville arkansas. I was waited on by a girl named Penny. Well, thats what her name tag said. Do they hire anyone no matter what their appearance..I mean their upkeep. This woman looked as though she had not bathed in days. Her hair was greasy and clothes very dirty. I get upset when I see people handling my food when they are not very clean in appearance. She brought our order to the car and I gave her the exact change. She then proceeded to tell me that I still owed her money. I looked at the ticket and I recounted the money. I DID give her the exact amount. She kept starring at me like I was crazy. I think that the owner of this sonic needs to be more careful of who he hires.

• Xe
      10th of Nov, 2008

If you have an issue, speak with the management or Sonic Corporate.
    The thing is though, all Sonic's have in a place a handwashing policy which is strictly followed. They are to be washed when switching between stations, when clocking in, when returning from breaks, etc.
    Seriously, relax.

• Bl
      15th of Nov, 2008

What is it about TN Sonic employees that guarantees their idiocy? This never happened when I lived in TX!

I come to Sonic late at night expecting comfort food, which should be fairly easy as a vegetarian. I'll order a breakfast burrito with tater-tots instead of meat. Every g*ddamn time, the people at the window say this is no problem. But when I get home, I realize there's a burrito with nothing but cheese and beef carcass. So I drive back and demand the burrito I ordered/was guaranteed. And, every time, I have to pay for a second g*ddamn burrito, even though I had to throw away the first one I ordered because it was filled with flesh I couldn't eat it, and I had to drive all the way back.

What is wrong with these employees? Do they hate the world, or are they incapable of understanding/meeting simple expectations? Do they not care about consumer ethics?

Either way...this is the fourth night where I've paid for two burritos -- one of which I have serious ethical objections to -- and I won't be back. Sonic could've kept me as a forever-customer, but their general disrespect/interest in money above-all has killed any loyalty I might've otherwise held.

Thanks for the disrespect, Sonic. You may fry your fries in veg. oil, but your employees don't care/understand what that means. Sausage and tater tots aren't equal, and you can *u(k yourselves if you think I should just eat whatever you hand me out the window. I matter just as much as the meat-eaters who pay you, you know.

• Dh
      17th of Dec, 2009

Why would you go to eat at Sonic being a vegetarian? All of our food items are meat or could have come in contact with meat. The egg in the burrito is meat? Were you trying to substitute tater tots for the "beef carcass"? That is quite uncommon, in fact we don't even possess a recipe for it.

That being said, we are technically not allowed to serve it because policy dictates that any item which does not have a recipe on file is not to be made in the store.

The End... Go to a vegetarian restaurant if you want meat-free food.

• So
      11th of Dec, 2010

Blacklable:
    Don't go to sonic if you are a vegitarian. I promise (and this is the case with all fast food restaurants) your food is coming in contact with meat. And maybe just try checking the burrito before the carhop leaves your car, just to make sure. Or if you do go back, show them the receipt. It should say some thing like "BEC BURR NO MEAT", and that means that there should be no meat on it, and they should fix it for free.

DHB:
    There is a "no meat" button on the switch board. So if you put BEC BURR then hit no meat, you are, by all means. aloud to make it.

and finally to the person who made the complain, Gin:
    yes, 20 minuets is a long time. But Blasts (not blizzards...) can take a long time to make and if the cup breaks (which happens alot) the person making it has to start all over and that takes forever. Bannana splits take a long time too. This is still and unacceptable time, but in the future don't expect your order to be out in 2 or 3 minuets if you get a lot of ice cream, seeing how that takes longer to make then it does to cook a burger.
    The employee does sound nasty and discusting. But you never know, maybe it was his first week and he got fired the week after (this happens alot).