Sears / money no longer owed

1 San Angelo, TX, United States

My parents had been loyal customers of Sears since 1975. They had a credit card and bought all appliances from Sears as well as the maintenance plans for those appliances. They had purchased credit life on that credit card then when my mother passed away 13 years ago when I called to find out what we needed to do and what we needed to send in order for this balance to be paid off. I was quickly informed that my dad was too old and the insurance would not cover the balance. I responded with my dad did not pass away my mother did and she was only 64 yrs. old. They then came up with another sad excuse not to pay off the balance. I turned it over to the family attorney and he called several times to no avail. Needless to say he is not an agressive attorney and neither was I a agressive person at that time. So it went to a collection company. We paid 226.00 per month for 13 years. My dad recently passed away and I called the attornies who we have paid for so long and was told they would take care of the balance and said it was closed out. I received a letter from another attorney addressed to the estate of my father stating that he still owes 2242.77. I am appalled...my father paid way over what he owed and I am just pissed off...I have not stepped a foot in Sears in 13 years and will not ever again. I will advertise to everyone I know that Sears is a horrible company and should be boycotted. I have already made a great influence on my family and friends; they will not step foot in this store either. Now, I will tell you this what goes around comes around.