Sears & Roebuck / poor customer service

1 Chicago Ridge, IL, United States Review updated:

Feb 12th I took my daughter to sears portrait studio, @ 11:00 am the photographer had 1 customer that she was finishing up with, until she
Discovered I was a walk in. So there are no other customers, I figure, I can be next, oh no she went on to say I have a 12:oo appointment, well since it's 11:00 I can be seen, well she prolonged the cashing out with the customers so long, "she wanted to know about their vacation how many times their baby burps," well that took 15 minutes well I figure I still have time for my photo shot, wrong she took another 15 minutes cashing them out. So finally they leave no one else is there not even the 12:00 appointment. So I figure we can take our pictures, wrong she refused to take us until she was sure of her 12:00 appointment, needless to say the 12:00 appointment came 5 minutes late. Not to mention she was reading a book until they arrived. This was her productivity for 1 hour. This is a poor performance employee, she does not deserve a place in the work force, sears portrait studio is losing countless revenue with this employee's actions, I think holly's problem is pure laziness with a touch of racism. I have been a sears customer since 1985 and I consider myself a valued customer. I recorded much of my visit on my cell phone because of her actions, which were unbelievable I will send the video viral, so no other mommy will not experience a walk in dilemma it's obvious that this policy is not honored by the employees, sears should take a closer look at their staff performance to make sure policies are followed. Their are eager people awaiting such a job with this economy by the way this was chicago ridge mall (Westfield)

Comments

• Di
      13th of Mar, 2010

Yes, my parents just experienced racism, agism, and contemptible service at Sears in the Burlington, MA area. They were treated badly not only by employees but by the the manager. One of the employees was also laughing at the situation in which they lied about the return policy, didn't know how to do a return, and didn't even mention exchange of the product.

One of the employees said there was a 30 day return policy and it was really a 90 day policy written on the receipt as was pointed out by my parents who finally got the manager to do the return. They were shaking the product as if there was product missing inside it implying they were returning a used product. This was not only rude, but also implicating my parents as criminal over a $7 bottle of product. Then, an employee said reluctantly once the manager came over that they would be "giving them" the money and of course they were not — they were returning money to them from Sears. No one said sorry or apologized at all. The manager was not at all apologetic or helpful. Instead my parents received the $7 they deserved back after such a horrible experience, plus a waste of time and an endless memory of headache and trauma of racism given to them by Sears employees and manager.

• Ro
      3rd of Nov, 2010

It takes an hour to do a session. (often longer, much longer) That's why she didn't take you. That being said, she could have done your photos and shown you later. I don't know why she didn't.