[Resolved] Sears / poor customer service!!!

1 Prescott, AZ, United States

I bought a 50 inch TV 3 months ago. The TV was a reconditioned TV. The sales person assured me that it would be as good as new due to the fact that it has new parts. about a month after we broght the TV home we started to notice little lines on the screen, now there are more lines and VERY noticable. We took the TV back to Sears. The return department took the TV and gave me a slip, stating that I had to take the slip to electronics and I could either get a return or a replacement.
I gave the salesperson who sold us the TV the slip. He kind of looked at it and told us that we could NOT have a replacement or refund. I explained that the return department accepted the TV and gave me the slip and that I did not want my money back just a TV that worked right. I was told that the return department did not know what they were doing, and there was nothing that could be done to help me. I asked to speak to his supervisor.He walked away to get her.

The salesperson and Store director stood talking to each other in plain view for about 10 min. before she walked over to me.
Zandra was VERY RUDE! She did not even want to listen to ANYTHING I had to say. She told me that there was nothing they could do at the store to help me. Then threatened to have mall security escort me out. I asked for her supervisors phone number, which she did not give me but an 800 number.
I had to go back to returns and get the TV .I drove an hour for this!
If I had wanted to buy junk I would have gone to the swap meet! I thought SEARS would have a little better quality merchendise.
I work in a grocery store and that is one of the MOST important duties that I have. Providing good Customer Service is NOT an option! but a MUST. If it weren't for the customers I would not have a job. Even if there was nothing that ZANDRA could have done, she could have offered to help me by setting up an appointment time to fix the TV.
I think SEARS need to retrain there store directors and maybe teach them some manners to. I for one will NEVER buy any high dollar items there again, to bad for SEARS because I am remodeling and am in need of a refridgerator, more TV's, stove, and washer and dryer. :p

• Resolution statement

• Sears Brands Customer Care's Response, May 19, 2011

To Our Valued Sears Customer,
    I found this post and I wanted to reach out and apologize for this situation with your television. Our return policy at Sears does allow 30 days for the return of electronic items and if there is a problem thereafter, we honor the manufacturers’ warranty on all the products we sell. This means that if your TV is covered by a manufacturer’s warranty then under the terms of that warranty we will repair the unit. This is not an excuse for the service you received, merely an explanation and we would like to assist in resolving this matter.
    My name is Laura with the Sears Cares Escalations team and we are a single point of contact for escalated concerns. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the TV was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (NEVER SHOPPING @ SEARS AGAIN) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.
    Laura D.