[Resolved] Sears / poor customer service / poor service and repair

TX, United States

I brought my mower in for non warranty repair. The repair department at my local Sears sends it to a larger city for repair. Long story short, I brought it in on the 1st of the month, and expected return date given to me is on 16th. I called 3-4 times during that 2 week period to check on how things were going with the repair. Each time I called they did not have a status on the repair of my mower. Then the 16th rolls around and I haven't heard anything so I call. The representative said that my mower was ready for pick up at my local store. I get a chance to pick it up on the 18th, and I am told it is not there. So I call the 800 number and ask what is going on. They said they had my mower but no work was done on it, pending "authorization" for repairs. I have a receipt with my signature authorizing repairs when I dropped off the mower, and explained that to the representative. She became argumentative with me and asked me if I wanted to authorize the repairs or not. I asked to speak to a supervisor. I was put on hold for over 20 minutes. I called back and got a different representative. This representative kept their calm but was still pushing me to authorize the repairs. I explained i would only if I could speak to a supervisor. Another 5 minute wait. Supervisor gets on the line and just sits there not saying anything for at least 10 seconds or more. The only reason I knew someone was there was it became real quiet on the other end of the line. I asked hello 2-3 times and she replied. She was incredibly rude right of the start of the conversation. She told me "I am here" and said told me the amount for the repair and asked very rudely "do you want it fixed or not?" I asked how long it was going to take to get my mower back now since they already had it for over 2 weeks and haven't done anything with it. She said next Thursday. I was furious at that point and told her to send m mower back no repair.
I sent an email entailing this incident to Sears Customer Complaint Department. It was almost verbatim what I have typed here, minus details about the amounts. Which I had ALREADY authorized from the get go to expedite the repair. This is the response I received from their Consumer Complaint Department. Obviously they did not read it.

Thank you for contacting Sears Holdings. We appreciate hearing from you.
We understand that you are experiencing issues with your lawn mower. For repairs on your lawn mower _ we ask that you please refer to your local service center and local store manager. If the location of the closest service and repair center is not convenient you may take your lawn mower to a Sears drop off location located inside your local Sears retail stores. Our closest Service Center to your address can be located by following the link below:

We apologize for the issues you have experienced with your lawn mower and thank you for choosing Sears Holdings for your product and service needs. If we can be of additional assistance to you, please feel free to contact us by dialing [protected] at your earliest convenience. We appreciate your business and look forward to assisting you with your lawn mower _.

Sincerely,
Frank B.
Customer Solutions
Sears Holdings Corporation

Generic canned response. This is Sears Customer Service Department. I will NEVER do business with them again. Pass the word.

• Resolution statement

• Sears Brands Customer Care's Response, Apr 19, 2012

Dear Iamwatchingyou,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. After reading your post, I have to say I am very concerned, and would like to offer my team's help in making this right. We are sorry to hear of all the trouble you have encountered trying to get your mower repaired. I understand that mistakes do happen, but there is no excuse for the lack of customer service you experienced when trying to get information on the repair. We would like the chance to speak with you more about the repair.

At your convenience, please contact my office via email at [protected]@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the mower was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Iamwatchingyou) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Brian S.