Complaints & Reviews

poor service

We contacted Searshomepro to look to reface/replace our kitchen cabinetry in a small bungalow home. We were...

Resolved keeps sending me broken treadmills

I bought a Nordictrack x7i incline trainer Feb. 16th 2010. My first one came the following Tuesday. The delivery team that came out broke the machine. It clearly states on the manual do not use power tools to assemble, and what did the guys do? Grinded their power tools and broke all kinds of pieces. So I called the store and told them what happened and they said they would have a new one sent right away. Well I received another one that was broken around the screws around the end caps of the frame. Called again and I keep hearing we will order a new one. Needless to say I am on my 7th one no one gets back to me except to tell me we have ordered another one. The 6th one I received was not even the model I ordered. I thought about just getting my money back but now its about principal of it now. How can sears get away with something like that? I think I may have to consult a lawyer because everyone I have dealt with is a complete idiot. Don't ever buy anything from sears they are rude and treat you like anything that goes wrong is Your fault. I will never again buy from them, and will probably spit on any sears store I come across.

• Sears's response · Mar 26, 2010

Dear Angrybuyer502:

It is very disterbing to us to hear that you are experiencing so many issues trying to get a working treadmill. As a consumer, we all expect that when we purchase an item at a retail store or anywhere for that matter, that it will be in working condition when we receive it. It is not acceptable that you have had to go through so many and still are without a treadmill. My name is Shayne W. and I am part of the Sears Cares escalations team. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at [email protected] so that we can look into this for you. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the number that the treadmill was purchased under (if it is different from the contact number) and we will call you directly. Also, please provide the screen names (Angrybuyer502) used to post here for reference to the issue.

Shayne W.

• Ru
    RuthiRN Mar 26, 2010

I had same problem with Sears of Tampa, FL. I bought a treadmill a few years ago, and when they set it up in my home, they damaged it so it wouldn't work. The crew sent over told me they couldn't return it as it was now damaged goods, and Sears told me they would not take it back nor refund my money. After complaining for a few months about never wanting to shop at Sears again, and giving them their credit card back, they finally came & removed the treadmill, but I couldn't get a refund, only a replacement treadmill.

double charged for parts

Sears Canada has a serious problem with communication between the company and customers who require service and resolution of issues.

Upon examination of my visa statement, I noted a double charge for a part I ordered by phone and picked up at the Edmonton Parts/Service Center.

February 16th I order an agitator brush for an upright Sears vacuum. I'm told I have to leave a credit card number before they will ship it to Edmonton. The part is supposed to arrive on February 19th. I explain the soonest I can pickup the part is on February 23rd and that I'm coming from out of town 1 hour. She says that's fine.

I go into the Edmonton Parts/Service Center February 23rd only to be told the part is not in yet. I explained that the order was confirmed to arrive on the 19th and that I also told the order desk that I wouldn't be in until the 23rd to pick it up. He goes to the back again to see if he can find it. Still no luck. Then a co-worker over hears the problem and starts to help him and goes down some other isle only to find the part is in. He says that'll be 49.34 cents. I explain that I had already given my credit card number and believed that it had already been paid for he. I was told that it was not paid for and that before I could take the part I would be charged the amount on my card. So the clerk swipes my visa and riings through the charge.

A few days later, I check my online banking statements and notice that not only was I charged the 49.34 on February 23rd when I picked up the part, but I was charged a second time on February 26th. I called Sear Canada only to get the royal run around and am told it's my problem and that I'll have to go back to the Edmonton Parts/Service Center to get it corrected. Like hell!

Today, March 17 once again, I'm on the phone to see why my visa has not been credited the extra charge.

1. Called [protected] National Service center tells me to call someone else.

2. Called [protected] Sears Parts tells me to call someone else.

3. Called [protected] Sears Parts Return tells me to call someone else.

4. Called [protected] Sears Edmonton Parts/Service Center.

The phone has been ringing for 10 minutes so far with no answer! What an effing joke! Since when is it up to customers to resolve Sears screw ups? This should have been handled promptly and immediately, instead I find myself asking Sears for a kiss, cause I'm seriously getting shafted!!

Resolved excessive waiting time

I went in for a front-end alignment @ 8:20 A.M. ON 3/13/2010. Once my car was evaluated, I was told that I needed upper ball-joints, front shocks, and rear oil seals. I opted to get the shocks and rear oil seals replaced. My vehicle sat for extended periods of time with noone working on the vehicle once I authorized the shocks and oil seals be replaced. I finally decided to just get my vehicle and leave (12:15 p.m.), and asked that my tires be replaced on my vehicle and I would leave. The Manager asked me if I would stay and he would get someone to start working on my vehicle.? I agreed and work began on my vehicke and lasted for @ twenty minutes and it just sat again. This went on until I again inquired about the time that it was taking to repair my vehicle and work would resume. There were several other customers who were being subjected to this kind of treatment and we all were amazed that workers would treat customers like that. This game continued until my vehicle was finally finished and I was able to leave at 4:40 p.m. I wasted my entire Saturday at your store getting two simple repairs made. As a result of this kind of treatment, I will never use that store and possibly none of yor stores for automotive repairs again
I am writing to save someone else from the type of treatment that I was subjected to by inconsiderate workers at your store.

• Sears's response · Mar 16, 2010

Louis E. Lamar, Sr.,

We are sorry to hear about the problems that you recently experienced when you took your vehicle into your local Sears automotive. We can only imagine the frustration this has caused you and we would like the opportunity to assist you. My name is Shayne and I work for the Sears Cares Escalations Team and we are here for assistance. At your convenience please contact my office via email at [email protected] so that we can further discuss your concerns. Please provide us a contact number and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name (Louis E. Lamar, Sr.) in the email so we can reference to your case.

Shayne W.
    Sears Cares

• De
    D E Jul 10, 2010

The serice at Sears auto in Lake Grove, NY is really bad. Last winter I waited 2.5 hrs to have a tire patched. The staff is unprofessional. your better off working on your own car before bring it there. There is no customer service.

Resolved Had to wait 2 weeks for a repairman

I called Sear Repair Service to have a technician come out to fix my dishwasher. They gave me a time of over two weeks before they could get a repairman out. The day before the schedule day of repair, I received an automated phone message that the repairperson would be out the next afternoon. They day of the scheduled service, I got a call from a serviceman at about 1 PM telling me he would be out in about 20 minutes to repair my washer, I said that it was a dishwasher and he relied that he did not do dishwashers and that would have to be someone else, he said he would check with dispatch and have them call me in a few minutes, I waited an hour and a half and no one called, I called the repairman back, he said that he had spoken to the dispatcher and she was to have called me right away. Waited another half hour but still no call. I called the Sear Customer Srvice to complain and was told they appologised for the error, however, they could not get anyone out to fix my dishwasher for another two days. I am not happy!!!

• SearsCare Mar 15, 2010

To Sindiko,
    My name is Brian and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I came across this post and I wanted to reach out to you regarding the problems you’ve encountered with the service team and your dishwasher. It is unacceptable that you have had to wait two weeks for service in the first place and even more so when the service was set up incorrectly and you’re now being told it will be another two weeks. We simply cannot make you wait this long. My team needs to step in and get this taken care of for you. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at [email protected] so you don’t have to continue to be upset by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the dishwasher was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Sindiko) used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.
    Brian J.
    Sears Cares

we were treated badly by sears and lied to

We bought a refrigerator from Sears in 2005. On Monday, July 6 this refrigerator stopped working. We called Sears about getting some one to fix our refrigerator. They said your warrenty is out, so you will have to pay for repairs. We paid $260 for repair service and 1 year extended warrenty. We were told a repair person would be at our home on Tuesday, July 7. After waiting most of the day, we called Sears to find out where the repair person was. We were then told the repair person would not be coming to our house until the following week on July 14. I don't know about anyone else but we needed our refrigerator repaired now, not in a week. Needless to say they gave us the run around on the phone. We asked for our money back. We lost all the food in the refrigerator. Now we are going to have to buy a new refrigerator. This refrigerator was less than 5 years old and should not have stopped working. We were treated badly by Sears and lied to. When we called customer service to complain, they were insincere about the whole thing and told us to file a claim on our home owners insurance. This is not how you do business and this in not how you treat customers. I am telling everyone that I come in contact with how bad Sears treated us, and to not buy anything from Sears.

charley e carroll Mar 26, 2010

My name is Charley E Carroll a 63 year old senior live at 9822 Constitution drives Huntington Beach, Ca.92646 and I was promised the defected treadmill would be picked up. I was promised by the general manager of the Westminster, Ca. store back in October of 2006 that he would send someone to pick up the defected treadmill from my home and refund my money in full which I paid Sears. I am still waiting for someone from Sears to honor this promised to pick up the defected treadmill.
    I purchased this treadmill back in 2/10/10 with a five year service warranty agreement for this equipment of sears. I had a problem with this treadmill back in 2005 twice and Sears came out to my home serviced and made the repairs to the treadmill. In 10/06 I contacted Sears to service the treadmill and the service man refused to service the treadmill because the treadmill was in my garage and not in my house. I told the service man that sears had serviced the treadmill twice in the garage and I paid sears a set-up fee to setup the treadmill in the garage and nobody said anything about the treadmill could not be in the garage at that time. When I purchased the treadmill at Westminster Sears store I told the sale person Frank #30833 that the treadmill would be placed and setup in my garage.
    It was at this time I spoke to the store manager back in 2006 about the problem I was having with the treadmill and sears refused to serviced the treadmill because of the location of the treadmill. The salesman and general manager did not know the unit could not be placed in the garage until I made them aware and agreement was at that time to come to my house and pick up the defected treadmill and return my money in full which I paid Sears. Sears refuse to service the treadmill from 2006 to this day and have not picked the treadmill up. I asked for the treadmill to be serviced where it have been since I purchased the unit again sears refused to service the unit.
    I feel that Sears’s general manager promise should be honored or at least repair the defected treadmill for me under the warranty which I paid Sears and the service warranty is not being honored as agreed to singed back in 2/10/10. Sears Corp office Jason#83289 and the store acting managers Carlo and Brett said nothing could be done to help me resolve this issue. I been a long time customer of Sears but being treated this way I will never shop at Sears again and I am cutting up my sears credit card to never ever set foot in any of your stores again.
    Charley E. Carroll
    [email protected]

employees and manager does not care about the customers

I was in Sears at the LaVale, Maryland location with about $100.00 worth of Craftsman tools in my hand. I needed 2 metal toolboxes and asked the associate to please open the box so I could look at the toolbox since there were none on display. The associate refused saying that they were not allowed to open any boxes. I went to the store office and spoke to the store manager. To my surprise, the manager sided with the associate and refused to open a box with a simple toolbox in it so I could look at it. I told him there was no difference opening the box now or me buying and returning it. He still refused. My point is, if this is Sears customer policy, I will shop elsewhere. I put down all the tools I had in front of the manager and told him that he just lost my business. I went to Lowe's accross the street and purchased Colbalt brand tools and two toolboxes. Because of this incident, I will never, ever buy from Sears again and I am sure telling every person I come accross about my bad experience at Sears. It is a shame that the employees and managers at Sears could care less about the customers. Had they opened a simple box for a customer, they would have had a $180.00 sale. Now they lost a customer for life.

• Ir
    IrishGaf May 09, 2010

As a former employee, I can tell you we don't care about the customers. Reason why is because your purshase was considered a joke to the manager and the salesmen. If you inisisted to open the toolbox of a 1000 dollar toolbox, and buy 500 dollars worth of tools; they'd open it for you. It happens all the time, trust me.

• In
    Infocrawler May 10, 2010

Irish is a troll. he needs immediate medical assistance.

• Tr
    Trevor is now a proud father a baby boy May 10, 2010

This site has tons of trolls.

• Se
    Sears Employee Feb 16, 2011

Sure - you want the packing box opened, decide you don't want it, and leave. Now the next guy that comes in sees that the box is opened, and demands one that's sealed, since obviously the opened box was definitely a "returned" item (sarcasm there). Keep going to Lowes - we won't miss you.

Resolved tires for bmw 525i

I bought 2 tires for my bmw 525i in march 21 2009 from palm beach sears. And I had a noise from the tire after one year. I went to sears in boynton beach because palm beach sears was closed business. I explained the situation about tires worn out and make noise while I drive 40 miles per hour. I talked to the manager dana taylor and explained to him. He said I have no warrenty although it says it has 60000 miles warrenty. He told me your tire is bad because your suspension is bad. I told him I can prove that my car suspension is good. He was very rude behavior and not resfect for customer. I thought I was treated very poorly and I felt very upset. I dont think dana taylor is qulified manager for auto center. I hope you can response me as soon as possible.

I attached original receipt.
Here is my number [protected]
Email. [protected]@hotmail.com

6567 spring meadow dr
Greenacres fl-33413

tires for bmw 525i

• Sears's response · Jun 03, 2016

To daveocjr,

My name is James and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears and I'm so sorry for the frustration caused surrounding the issues with this Sears Auto Service. We would like to help. At your convenience, please contact our office at [email protected] and provide a contact phone number and the phone number the auto service was scheduled under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (daveocjr) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

James H
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

• Fi
    fired for being honest Mar 12, 2010

alignment or a bent rim can wear out a tire before its time however an alignment on a bmw should be performed at bmw dealer 8 years at sears auto as mechanic.

• Da
    daveocjr Jun 03, 2016

to who it may concern :::::: on 11/18/2010 me and my wife had 4 brand new goodyear assurance tires put on her 07 focus first we wanted the old tires back but they kept them second we paid $665.44 for the new tires well we took our car to css mechanic shop in marion iowa to have a service done they found the tires where mounted backwords the marking on the tire that says mount this side in on all 4 tires was on the outside so there was 8.000 miles on the tires mounted backwords they messed up and now they dont wanna refund and give us new tires i talked to cindy the department manager she refuses to do anything about it well thats $665.44 down the drain cindy needs to lose her job and we need to be refunded and new tires NOW cuz i contacted my attorney and we r sewing sears and cindy cuz all they did yesterday was flip the tires around the way there suppose to be and now the car has shake tires r chattering and car pulls to the left bad my name is david coghlan jr and cindy & sears better refund in cash and replace the tires in the next 24 hours or we will see them in court, , , , , , sears can contacted me at [email protected]

service

Do not ever buy anything that may require parts or service from sears canada!!!

Sears parts dept edmonton sucks!!!

Need a needle seat for sears lawn mower

No longer available, parts guy says well it will be in carb repair kit.

So it is ordered and paid for told it will be in, in a week and they will call me when it comes in.

Number 1 complaint
No phone number to call to see if parts ordered
Have arrived as they were supposed to be in 2 weeks ago and they were supposed to phone when they arrived and they haven't

Link from internet gives a local phone number for sears aprts department edmonton

States here the phone # is 447- 8000 called this number 3 times no one answers
Called the 1- 800 number only to be told "well the parts should be there"
But they could not guarantee that they were at the parts dept in edmonton.
Make a trip 45 minute drive to the parts dept they can't find my parts finally after 15 minutes she finds the parts. No needle seat in the carb repair kit.
Asked the clerk do you have a phone # here no they don't

Quick to sell products

But don't expect them to stock any parts!!!

Top of the line high efficiancy furnace purchased and installed by sears!!
This is my friends and I am looking after the house as they are away on a holiday!

Furnace service call to sears

Listed in the edmonton phone book under
Sears furnace sales and service call [protected]

How can I help you well this is not the furnace dept
What number are you calling I am calling the furnace sales and service number listed in the edmonton phone book
She gets rude and ignorant with me.

I finally get a number [protected]
Which belongs to the custom draperies division of sears according to the edmonton phone book

No heat in the house tuesday @ 2pm called sears

Asked for name : robert xxxxxx
Address: 875 xxxxx ave
Postal code : t8_ - xxx
Phone number : 780- xxx-xxxx

Told furnace is under warranty till 2014
Service man will be out within 24 hours

Wed @ noon

I call sears service to find out when this service person is coming no heat in house -6 celsius outside

Asked name robert xxxxxx
Address 875 xxxxx ave
Phone number 780- xxx-xxxx

The person I am talking to will get ahold of the service person and have them call me right away

Wed @ 2pm

I am calling sears service department again 23 hours no heat in house

Asked name robert xxxxxx
Address 875 xxxxx ave
Phone # 780- xxx-xxxx

Talked to frado he tells me there is no service request made for that phone # at that address

Note : in all conversations when asked for the name of the house owner I give robert xxxxxx

After 15 minutes of holding on the phone they have found the repair request under the wifes name her name was never mentioned in any conversation!!

So now we have found the repair order and it is 2:15 23 hours and 15 minutes the house has been with out heat!!

They will prioritized the service request and get some one out as soon as they can, but no time frame is given.

Wed 2:30

I call national customer service centre for canada [protected]

I tell them the problem I am having, her reply to me is well we don't have any tech's in that area and therfore have to contract out the work
A friend who works at sears tells me they have 3 tech's on sears payroll but they are just pencil pushers

So because it is contracted out it could be 48 hours before I get a service person I am informed

Wed 2:45

I then get a call saying that the service call has to go thru calgary call centre which is slated for friday!!!

Are you people for real???

4 days with no heat in the house

Get real sears service department oh sorry I mean sears non service department

Wed 3:02
Call comes from contractor inquiring did I have a service call request in

As they had a call from sears wanting to know why the service call had not been made yet?

And would the repairs be cash or credit card what it's under warranty???

Sears neglected to inform the contractor of this minor detail!!

The contractor not having recieved a service call request from sears
Does not know that there is no heat in the house now for 24 hours!!!

Contractor said he will be there in 25 minutes and was there in 25 minutes

Furnace fixed by 4:30 pm on wed by the contractor awesome guy

My niece bought a sears washer and dryer had sears hook up everything

Find out 6 months down the road that they vented the dryer thru the furnace

Good thing the house didn't burn to the ground

She talked to management at every level of sears
And she may has well taken her head and smashed it against a cement wall
Because she never got 1 ounce of satisfaction from sears never mind an apology!!

A friend who actually happens to work for this loser company
Ordered a dishwasher part 3 months ago was supposed to be in edmonton parts dept in 1 week they are still waiting!

Washing and drying dishes for 3 months for a family of 6 sucks!!!

Boooooooooooooooo sears shame on you!!!

Sears

Never ever will I go thru all this bullsh_t again

I would not buy a pair of socks from you never mind a major appliance

Consumers of canada be very aware of buying anything from "sears"

• Dv
    dvdleek Mar 17, 2010

1. Called 1-888-473-2772 National Service center tells me to call someone else.

2. Called 1-800-214-6751 Sears Parts tells me to call someone else.

3. Called 1-466-5151 Sears Parts Return tells me to call someone else.

4. Called 780-447-8010 Sears Edmonton Parts/Service Center.

Chris hates Sears Sep 26, 2010

I used to love Sears. Bought 26 major appliances from them in the last 11 years and a lot of clothing, furniture and household goods. I guess I never realized how bad they have become because I never had to return anything until last week. I bought a soap dispenser on clearance for $14.99 at a location far away from my house. It was defective so I took it back to the Sears at Markville Mall near my home the same day. They told me to go back to the location I bought it because they didn't have it. Because I bought it on clearance, they would not exchange it and will not give me store credit. So I told the manager it costs more in gas to go there than it cost for the soap dispenser. I spend thousands of $$$ at Sears and this is how they treat a loyal customer. Why can't they put it on a gift card that I would have to use at Sears. The manager tells me "that doesn't matter". I called the customer service line, wasted 1 hour with them and was told the same thing. The asked the lady on the customer service line if my request was unreasonable. She said no but she can't help me. So I will never ever shop at Sears again, NEVER. My loyalty "doesn't matter" to Sears. So now they don't exist to me! If this is what they do over $14.99 I can't imagine what can happen if I have problems with a major purchase. I guess I was lucky in the past because I didn't have to return anything. I guess I was the perfect customer. There are a lot of stores out there with better customer service, better selection and better prices.

fraudulent warranty

Warning: scam re sears warranty period for appliance repair. Sears offers a 1 year warranty on an appliance repair if you pay up front when you call for service. I called on 10/19/2009 and paid with a credit card. The repair was made approximately 4 weeks later and the repairman told me the warranty started from the day I set up the appointment rather than the day he installed a part and repaired the dishwasher. A letter to sears executive offices resulted in a voice message on my phone that said the warranty started the day I called and paid for service. I was not informed of this policy when I agreed to this program and they still have not answered my question regarding what exactly are they "warrantying" prior to the repair being made.

Lemmon - faulty at the time of installation.. Sears will not cover cost of re-installation

I have been purchasing Sears products for 30 years...this is the worst experience. Purchased a Kenmore 1hp Food Disposer (model #[protected] Serial # [protected]) and the following day had a 3rd party plumber installed it. The item was defective from the outset and I immediately called the Sears Warranty group they sent a technician who confirmed the lemon product. The nightmare starts now...2 hours on the phone with 6 different people and everyone kicking the can down the street...the result is that Sears will not pay to reinstall they will just replace the product...so for a defective item which is decidedly a LEMMON that I never used I will have to pay for re-installation charge...My advice is to not purchase any Sears product unless you intend to have Sears install it for you...unfortunately they do not say that in any of their documentation on the internet...As a result I will never buy a Sears product...

oil change

A few weeks ago i had my oil changed at the above sears. yesterday when i go to my car oil was all over my garage., and oil cover. thinking i had a leak i went back to sears. i was told that i had no leak. that the mechanic had not taken the oil cover off. he let the oil run in it then tryed to bend it to drain the oil out. there was enough oil left in the pan to leak in my garage. i have no idea how much oil is on my undercarriage. i would like to get my undercarriage and my oil pan cleaned by sears. at no expense to me thank you

refrigertor repair

I have a ge refrigator model psc23p ssa ss serial number fa422033 which I purched in oct, 2006.in the past few months I had to call for repairs six-seven time, parts are replaced and within two - three weeks the same problem starts again. The ice maker starts to leak inside the freezer and does not make ice.

What I want is a perment fix to the problem or have the refrigrator replaced.

I have been a loyal customer for many years and pay cash for all of my appliances.

Hoping to hear from you soon!!!

Repair man never showed up or called to confirm his time of arrival

I booked an on-line service call date for a 8-12am appt, Received a confirmation via telephone msg. The repair man never showed up or called to confirm his time of arrival.

The Maytag refridge - side by side - has been leaking water and this is the 3rd-4th time that they are looking at it.

The ice machine is still broken after being looked at 2x prior.

absolutely horrible experience

We called Sears Appliance (Kenmore) for solving a problem with the Sears Kenmore side by side refrigerator ice bin with a crusher rusting. They recommended that I get a technician at home to look at it. I asked for not only a replacement part also a recall on this ice crush bin that is collecting rust. This rust is in direct contact with the ice that is collecting on it. We are drinking rusty water and other drinks when we deliver ice.

Sears brushed me off with the solution request, sent me the wrong part, charged me for shipping ($22 standard shipping and did not return the shipping cost when we returned the plastic part they sent us instead of rusting metal crusher part we requested on the phone.)

Kenmore needs to take this seriously and not only replace these parts but also replace them with a better solution not the same rusting system.

I am out $135 to Sears and a bill to the plumber

I asked Sears to come and service a dishwasher they installed 4 years ago. The repairman said the dishwasher was fine but plumbing bad. I then had a plumber come and check the pipes all the way back to the unit. He found the check valve installed with the machine 2" from the dishwasher was broken and stuck in the shut position. When I called Sears to complain that their technician had not checked the dishwasher's own check valve or hoses, they said they don't service the hoses or check valves but only the machine itself -- even if they installed the device. They did not disclose to me that they would not check the check valve or hoses prior to the repair or I would have probably called someone who could everything. Now I am out $135 to Sears and a bill to the plumber. Caveat emptor! Some repair companies might not disclose what part of your appliance they will or will not service!

my warranty will be over before I get my glasses

It has been over a month and my glasses still have not arrived. I have e-mailed the main company and received no response. The store has not once called me, I have always called them. They were scheduled to be here 5/1 and it is now 5/24. My warranty will be over before I get my glasses. I have been given two different excuses why they are late. I am very angry and took my husbands glasses elsewhere and he's got his back!

anonymousoptician Jun 28, 2010

I am an optician who works for Sears Optical.

Your 90 day satisfaction guarantee (not a warranty -- there is a protection plan sold separately that is valid for 1 or 2 years, depending on which you choose) expires 90 days from the date you *pick up* the glasses, not the date they're ordered.

Also, they closed one of five labs in April which caused significant delays in processing at that time. The stores were NOT informed of this at the time; hence any unsure or facetious answers you may have heard regarding the delay. If you complained, you SHOULD have been offered a 15% refund for the delay.

their products aren't worth a s*

I bought 2 Craftsman pro Weedeaters. one of them hasn't been worth a S*** from day one. It has been sent off, by sears, 4 times, It is stills excatlly the same as when we sent in the first time.It cranks up fine but it won't idle, and it keeps cutting off no matter if you are holding gas on it or not.The other one was ok for awhile, Then it just froze up. It as sent off, by Sears, It was gone for about 5 weeks and when we got it back it was doing the same thing the other one was doing.

sears sucks!!

I worked for sears in Champaign, I'L for about 9 months until they wrongly fired me for buying my mother a dishwasher for Christmas!! I used my discount card to purchase a dishwasher on friends and family in November and since I didn't have all of it my dad went in half with me for it. Now everything was was fine until my parents went to have it serviced (we bought the extended service plan). It didn't work and they didn't fix it so my dad brought it back to the store. Everything was fine until my manager got involved and didn't want to refund him his money. My dad is older man and brought the diswasher himself (I was working that day). They got into an argument and my manager told my dad he never had to come back to sears again and then just went back to his office (that's not the first time he treated a customer poorly). Also the store manager evaded the whole situation!! A couple days later I got fired for misuse of discount card and I had never been warned about anything like that before!! On top of it I was a good associate. I performed almost as well as the full timer and I was part time. I also did some of my managers job without complaint!! I have no complaints about pay or comission I just think that the management at Champaign needs to be changed they treat the associates like craip!! Everyone who knows what happend knows I was fired unfairly. Anyways that is my rant about how the Sears in Champaign, il sucks!!

incompetent sales associates

My wife liked a leather couch she saw at Sears and brought me to the store to check them out and eventually buy it (two of them). We sat in it, spoke with the sales associate and said Okay, we'll take two if we can get them this week. He looked and said they'll be here on Wednesday and someone would call you when they're in. No one called so we did and they were in. My brother and I picked them up in his truck and drove in the snow to my house. We opened the box and sure enough, the ### sold us the WRONG COUCH. We called and spoke with a manager (at 8:45 p.m.) We told him the problem and he looked the item up and said we got the couch we bought. IDIOT. We told him the saleman punched the wrong number in and how are we to know? He said he would correct the problem, give us a $50 gift card and have the correct couches sent to us and the incorrect ones picked up. He said he would call us by 10:00 a.m. the next day to get the order due to the time. He never called so we called him. "Oh yeah, I forgot" was his response. "Let me take care of it and call you back tomorrow morning". Again, never called. We called and spoke with the store manager and told him our issue. He said he would talk with the other manager and get back to us. Third time, no call back. We called him and he said he would take care of the problem and call us back. When we got home, we had a message from a woman stating our correct couches would be delivered on the 20th. We never got a call to confirm delivery and on the 20th, no one came. We called Sears and they said that couch has been discontinued. We again spoke to the Store Manager and he said he would arrange for our couches to be picked up and we would be refunded our money. He never called and we still have two couches we did not want. I have since made a claim to my credit care company and am awaiting a response. I cannot return them due to my health and Sears SUCKS when it comes to customer service.