Complaints & Reviews

Lemmon - faulty at the time of installation.. Sears will not cover cost of re-installation

I have been purchasing Sears products for 30 years...this is the worst experience. Purchased a Kenmore 1hp Food Disposer (model #[protected] Serial # [protected]) and the following day had a 3rd party plumber installed it. The item was defective from the outset and I immediately called the Sears Warranty group they sent a technician who confirmed the lemon product. The nightmare starts now...2 hours on the phone with 6 different people and everyone kicking the can down the street...the result is that Sears will not pay to reinstall they will just replace the product...so for a defective item which is decidedly a LEMMON that I never used I will have to pay for re-installation charge...My advice is to not purchase any Sears product unless you intend to have Sears install it for you...unfortunately they do not say that in any of their documentation on the internet...As a result I will never buy a Sears product...

oil change

A few weeks ago i had my oil changed at the above sears. yesterday when i go to my car oil was all over my garage., and oil cover. thinking i had a leak i went back to sears. i was told that i had no leak. that the mechanic had not taken the oil cover off. he let the oil run in it then tryed to bend it to drain the oil out. there was enough oil left in the pan to leak in my garage. i have no idea how much oil is on my undercarriage. i would like to get my undercarriage and my oil pan cleaned by sears. at no expense to me thank you

refrigertor repair

I have a ge refrigator model psc23p ssa ss serial number fa422033 which I purched in oct, 2006.in the past few months I had to call for repairs six-seven time, parts are replaced and within two - three weeks the same problem starts again. The ice maker starts to leak inside the freezer and does not make ice.

What I want is a perment fix to the problem or have the refrigrator replaced.

I have been a loyal customer for many years and pay cash for all of my appliances.

Hoping to hear from you soon!!!

Repair man never showed up or called to confirm his time of arrival

I booked an on-line service call date for a 8-12am appt, Received a confirmation via telephone msg. The repair man never showed up or called to confirm his time of arrival.

The Maytag refridge - side by side - has been leaking water and this is the 3rd-4th time that they are looking at it.

The ice machine is still broken after being looked at 2x prior.

absolutely horrible experience

We called Sears Appliance (Kenmore) for solving a problem with the Sears Kenmore side by side refrigerator ice bin with a crusher rusting. They recommended that I get a technician at home to look at it. I asked for not only a replacement part also a recall on this ice crush bin that is collecting rust. This rust is in direct contact with the ice that is collecting on it. We are drinking rusty water and other drinks when we deliver ice.

Sears brushed me off with the solution request, sent me the wrong part, charged me for shipping ($22 standard shipping and did not return the shipping cost when we returned the plastic part they sent us instead of rusting metal crusher part we requested on the phone.)

Kenmore needs to take this seriously and not only replace these parts but also replace them with a better solution not the same rusting system.

I am out $135 to Sears and a bill to the plumber

I asked Sears to come and service a dishwasher they installed 4 years ago. The repairman said the dishwasher was fine but plumbing bad. I then had a plumber come and check the pipes all the way back to the unit. He found the check valve installed with the machine 2" from the dishwasher was broken and stuck in the shut position. When I called Sears to complain that their technician had not checked the dishwasher's own check valve or hoses, they said they don't service the hoses or check valves but only the machine itself -- even if they installed the device. They did not disclose to me that they would not check the check valve or hoses prior to the repair or I would have probably called someone who could everything. Now I am out $135 to Sears and a bill to the plumber. Caveat emptor! Some repair companies might not disclose what part of your appliance they will or will not service!

my warranty will be over before I get my glasses

It has been over a month and my glasses still have not arrived. I have e-mailed the main company and received no response. The store has not once called me, I have always called them. They were scheduled to be here 5/1 and it is now 5/24. My warranty will be over before I get my glasses. I have been given two different excuses why they are late. I am very angry and took my husbands glasses elsewhere and he's got his back!

anonymousoptician Jun 28, 2010

I am an optician who works for Sears Optical.

Your 90 day satisfaction guarantee (not a warranty -- there is a protection plan sold separately that is valid for 1 or 2 years, depending on which you choose) expires 90 days from the date you *pick up* the glasses, not the date they're ordered.

Also, they closed one of five labs in April which caused significant delays in processing at that time. The stores were NOT informed of this at the time; hence any unsure or facetious answers you may have heard regarding the delay. If you complained, you SHOULD have been offered a 15% refund for the delay.

their products aren't worth a s*

I bought 2 Craftsman pro Weedeaters. one of them hasn't been worth a S*** from day one. It has been sent off, by sears, 4 times, It is stills excatlly the same as when we sent in the first time.It cranks up fine but it won't idle, and it keeps cutting off no matter if you are holding gas on it or not.The other one was ok for awhile, Then it just froze up. It as sent off, by Sears, It was gone for about 5 weeks and when we got it back it was doing the same thing the other one was doing.

sears sucks!!

I worked for sears in Champaign, I'L for about 9 months until they wrongly fired me for buying my mother a dishwasher for Christmas!! I used my discount card to purchase a dishwasher on friends and family in November and since I didn't have all of it my dad went in half with me for it. Now everything was was fine until my parents went to have it serviced (we bought the extended service plan). It didn't work and they didn't fix it so my dad brought it back to the store. Everything was fine until my manager got involved and didn't want to refund him his money. My dad is older man and brought the diswasher himself (I was working that day). They got into an argument and my manager told my dad he never had to come back to sears again and then just went back to his office (that's not the first time he treated a customer poorly). Also the store manager evaded the whole situation!! A couple days later I got fired for misuse of discount card and I had never been warned about anything like that before!! On top of it I was a good associate. I performed almost as well as the full timer and I was part time. I also did some of my managers job without complaint!! I have no complaints about pay or comission I just think that the management at Champaign needs to be changed they treat the associates like craip!! Everyone who knows what happend knows I was fired unfairly. Anyways that is my rant about how the Sears in Champaign, il sucks!!

incompetent sales associates

My wife liked a leather couch she saw at Sears and brought me to the store to check them out and eventually buy it (two of them). We sat in it, spoke with the sales associate and said Okay, we'll take two if we can get them this week. He looked and said they'll be here on Wednesday and someone would call you when they're in. No one called so we did and they were in. My brother and I picked them up in his truck and drove in the snow to my house. We opened the box and sure enough, the ### sold us the WRONG COUCH. We called and spoke with a manager (at 8:45 p.m.) We told him the problem and he looked the item up and said we got the couch we bought. IDIOT. We told him the saleman punched the wrong number in and how are we to know? He said he would correct the problem, give us a $50 gift card and have the correct couches sent to us and the incorrect ones picked up. He said he would call us by 10:00 a.m. the next day to get the order due to the time. He never called so we called him. "Oh yeah, I forgot" was his response. "Let me take care of it and call you back tomorrow morning". Again, never called. We called and spoke with the store manager and told him our issue. He said he would talk with the other manager and get back to us. Third time, no call back. We called him and he said he would take care of the problem and call us back. When we got home, we had a message from a woman stating our correct couches would be delivered on the 20th. We never got a call to confirm delivery and on the 20th, no one came. We called Sears and they said that couch has been discontinued. We again spoke to the Store Manager and he said he would arrange for our couches to be picked up and we would be refunded our money. He never called and we still have two couches we did not want. I have since made a claim to my credit care company and am awaiting a response. I cannot return them due to my health and Sears SUCKS when it comes to customer service.

Very dissatisfied with the service I received

I have been dealing with Sears stores for over 20 years. The service I received for my vacuum cleaner the past 2 months has pushed me to never want to shop with Sears again. I took my vacuum cleaner to the Sears store on 14th street in Fernandina Beach, Florida (Unit # 3215) on March 3, 2009 for a simple repair. my ticket number was 0246295. The salesperson there gave me an expected ready date of March 16, 2009. I paid $130.76 for the lousy service they provided me. I picked up the vacuum cleaner today, May 3, 2009. Over the past 2 months, I have made 3 trips to the store to check on the process. Each time, the sales person told me that it was in the main store and transports happen on Mondays. When I went in the store today, the salesperson told me that they tried to call me at my old phone number in VA. I showed her the correct phone number she was supposed to call PRINTED ON MY RECEIPT. At that time, she told me that it had just come back from the repair dept YESTERDAY. This just made me question the integrity of the salesperson and business I was dealing with. I have only had 1 other problem with Sears products, a lawnmower, and their managers in VA Beach resolved it. I AM VERY DISSATISFIED with the service I received from your company.

rebates (bait and switch)

Having just had the classic bait and switch pulled on us by the Sears "eRebate Center" I searched the web and found another complaint almost exactly the same as what we just experienced. I also found that Sears has contracted this work out to www.everybodywins.com which is a company called Ohana Companies. What I find so funny is that this company shows Sears as a partner and lists that it offers 100% customer satisfaction. What is even more laughable is that Sears does not even acknowledge a relationship with this company or how it processes your rebate. What Sears does do is take your money on the date of the sale and then "hand you off" to them so that you may be provided with one of a million pre-prepared responses designed to make you give up.

Tonight we officially became a non-Sears family and will never shop with this retailer or KMart ever again. I hope more people don't fall for this scam and I will continue to post these comments until my fingers fall off.

AVOID THIS SCAM!

associate could not apply coupon

I received a President's Day flyer from LeMars local Shopper. I found sawhorses for $12.49. I also had a...

money no longer owed

My parents had been loyal customers of Sears since 1975. They had a credit card and bought all appliances from Sears as well as the maintenance plans for those appliances. They had purchased credit life on that credit card then when my mother passed away 13 years ago when I called to find out what we needed to do and what we needed to send in order for this balance to be paid off. I was quickly informed that my dad was too old and the insurance would not cover the balance. I responded with my dad did not pass away my mother did and she was only 64 yrs. old. They then came up with another sad excuse not to pay off the balance. I turned it over to the family attorney and he called several times to no avail. Needless to say he is not an agressive attorney and neither was I a agressive person at that time. So it went to a collection company. We paid 226.00 per month for 13 years. My dad recently passed away and I called the attornies who we have paid for so long and was told they would take care of the balance and said it was closed out. I received a letter from another attorney addressed to the estate of my father stating that he still owes 2242.77. I am appalled...my father paid way over what he owed and I am just pissed off...I have not stepped a foot in Sears in 13 years and will not ever again. I will advertise to everyone I know that Sears is a horrible company and should be boycotted. I have already made a great influence on my family and friends; they will not step foot in this store either. Now, I will tell you this what goes around comes around.

light fixture overheats, melts, smokes. it's a fire hazard.

I have the same light melting/fire hazard issue with complete denial by Sears Service. Just filed with...

excell duct cleaning

Contracted Excell Duct Cleaning to clean our furnace ducts in early December. Workmanship and technique was comparable to a reality show of a nightmare. Contacted the Sears contractor, surveyed the "mess" and said immediate action required. After refusal of the same crew and technique to come back plus partial reimbursment, I began to call all of the Sears head managers and to no avail. It is now mid February and nothing has been done. No money and still and a messy house. It is difficult to breath and eyes water all of the time. So now we have to get a separate house cleaner and try and clean it all up. Is there no one anymore in the business world that will be responsible for their actions if there workmanship is less than desireable. I would have posted the pictures of our house after three days of grey-whitish dust that hangs on everything. It is disgusting. No more Sears, anything at anytime!!!

unethical

I worked for SHIP (sears home improvement) for a couple of years. The things that I experienced were shocking...

poor service after incomplete job

Sears Home Central Calgary, Windows installation:

I purchased windows from sears in and installation done in September 2009. The installaer did not complete their work. February 2010, the installation is still not completed. I have been running around like chicken without a head calling every Sears Customer service - They dont help! What do you call poor service? This one is and especially if they show you plainly that they dont care.

terrible delivery and service

Bought an expensive treadmill from Sears. Was told they would deliver and set up on the second floor of my Victorian Home even though it would not be easy as my staircase turns. I measured the unit and know it can go on the second floor if they take it out of the box. They came to my house took one look and said they would not deliver it. I told them to take it out of the box, they refused.

If they had to take it out of the box to set it up, why not take it out of the box when they bring it in. Refused to do so and while I was speaking to their manager, they took the unit and left. THey said they would send them back and tell them to do what I asked. Hours later they returned, and as soon as I opened my door they said they were told to set it up in my living room. Totally not true, and they left again.

I again call the manager and was told they would come back the same day with another person to help them. They would call me first. Another day has gone by and no call, and no treadmill. The moving men were rude and arrogant and I am out almost $1000.00.

• Br
    brad kelly May 20, 2011

I have an extended service contract from UTS for my Treadmill and cant get service. It seems as though they are buying used parts when service is necessary and they are sending technicians to do the repairs that cant fix the machines. Six weeks my Treadmil is down and they still waiting for parts.

online purchase pick up in store

On February 13th, 2010, I ordered a trinket for Valentine's Day on Sears.com to be picked up in the...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices