[Resolved] Sears Optical / glases you can't ware!

Vision services provided by "Sears Optical" at 1300 Southlake Mall, Morrow GA [protected]

At the end of August 2017, I purchased no line trifocals from Sears Optical at Southlake. The glasses, with discount, cost $215.00 and from the first time I put them on, I wasn't sure if they were right. The distance seemed off and the reading was blurry.... She told me to try them for the day and "get used to them" that my eyes needed to adjust to the new prescription.

Since that time, I have attempted to contact Sears Optical at Southlake a multitude of times. The doctors number on his business card is a recording... it gives you two numbers... one number has a recording on it that states that your call will be returned within 60 minutes... the other is actually answered.

When I finally got through to someone there (Sharon) on 10/19/06 she stated that the doctor had resigned. I explained to her that was not my problem and she said "well we don't have anybody to do re-checks" I stated again, that this was not my problem. She told me she would call me back on 10/20 to see about my coming in over the weekend- that the doctor was going to come in for a few people to do re-checks. I did not get a call back.

On 10/23 when I called, I again got Sharon who answered the phone asking "do you want to make an appointment for an eye exam today?" I said no, and told her who I was... she then stated that "she was just about to call me" and that the doctor would see me- did I know where "Eagles Landing was?" I said no I didn't and she then said "well you know, the doctor is independant" and I said "I made my payment to "Sears" and therefore Sears was responsible.... I then asked for the name of the manager there. She said the manager was Sheila Dawson and that Sheila would not be in until tomorrow. In the meantime, I get a flyer in the mail stating that the Sears Optical at Southlake is having a sale!

In the interim, I have glasses I cannot wear and every time I call there I get the run round.

Sue

Atlanta GA

• Resolution statement

• Sears Brands Customer Care's Response, May 18, 2011

To SandiV,

I'm sorry you are having issues with one of our Sears Optical stores. My name is James and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears and we would like to help. At your convenience, please contact our office at [protected]@searshc.com. Please send us an email providing a contact phone number and the phone number the purchase was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name ( SandiV) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

James H.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

Comments

• At
      29th of Oct, 2008
    Sears Optical - service and poor delivery
    Sears Optical
    Greeceridge mall
    Rochester

Ive ordered glasses from this organization months ago.The eye prescription has been wrong from the beginning.This is the 4th time that the glasses have been returned to be corrected..they say, next wednesday they will be here.That wednesday never comes.then the guy that works there said Im busy, cant look it up.Attitude.Still no glasses.
    Summary.they are the worst, the armpits of the optical business.they have a nit wit that gives eye exams that last about 20 seconds.they are as bad as Americas best.anothe beaut.If you have any brains, you will not go to Sears Optical.Also the price changed. I bought them on sale, and its now almost $100.00 more than what I originally paid.
    do not go to Sears Optical.If you dont understand English, go to translator and translate it to your language.

• Ji
      10th of Mar, 2011
    Sears Optical - commumication and lengthy delay
    Sears Optical
    Ridgedale Mall
    Minnetonka
    Minnesota

On 1/27/11 I had an eye exam and picked out both daily prescription glasses and also prescription sunglasses. I paid for both pair in the amount of $479.00. I was told that it would be approximated around two weeks and that they would contact me when they received them back from the lab.

I have contact Heidi (store mgr) and also Jennifer on a weekly basis since that appointment and have been told that they have not come back. I called last night and was told that they have now been received on 2/3/11 and no one has called. The only communication that I have is when I call to find out what is going on and why it is taking so long. At this point it is comical to find out that they have been sitting in your store for a week when I have been calling for 6 weeks.

When I called and talked to Heidi on 3/3, all that she could tell me was that she was able to confirm that they had been mailed from the lab but could not find a date or what the problem/delay was. She also proceeded to tell me that typically when this happens, she could give me a 25% discount. But that was a delay of 10 days. This is rediculous. She is not in the store today so I have ANOTHER delay in picking up what I have ALREADY paid for.

I would like to see some resolution to this because this happened to my spouse as well. He was with me and purchased a pair of glasses on the same date. He physically went to the store a week later only to be told that they were not available and that they will call. I called two days later and they LIED to me and said that they called and left a message for him Feb 7.

There is not that much activity in that store for these employees to NOT be held accountable for such sloppy service. I could have gone anywhere by now but now I wish I had. This is completely not acceptable to me.

I would like to see some resolution and compensation for this trouble.

17th of May, 2011

And your still waiting?, Its been two weeks for me, and i called today at 5:30, Service said she would check and call me back, store close 8pm it it is now 8:41 pm no call back, guess i will be jerk around as well, Goes to show you read complaints first before stepping in to Sears Optical Store.