Having problems with Hitachi?

Hitachi reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jun 22, 2007. The latest review Cooling problem continue was posted on Apr 12, 2018. The latest complaint yellow mark was resolved on Oct 24, 2014. Hitachi has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 57 reviews. Hitachi has resolved 34 complaints.

Hitachi Customer Service Contacts

1800 448 224 (Australia)
+81 336 202 671 (Head Office, Japan)
+1 800 448 2244 (United States)
+44 162 858 5384 (United Kingdom)
+61 298 884 100 (Australia)
+43 124 5820 (Austria)
+359 29 805 065 (Bulgaria)
+420 244 460 753 (Czech Republic)
+49 21 152 830 (Germany)
+852 21 138 883 (Hong Kong)
+60 320 318 751 (Malaysia)
+63 28 869 018 (Philippines)
+65 65 352 100 (Singapore)
1-18-13, Soto-Kanda, Chiyoda-ku

Australia
  • Locked Bag 2052, North Ryde, NSW 1670, Australia
  • Suite 801, Level 8, 123 Epping Road, North Ryde, NSW, 2113, Australia
Bulgaria
Business Center, Stefan Karadja, fl. 8, entr. D,  26, Vasil Kanchev St., BG -1510 Sofia, Bulgaria

The Czech Republic

Poland
Al.Jerozolimskie 65/79,00-697 Warsaw, Poland
Fax: +48 226 307 731

Russia
23/2 Trubnaya ul., Millennium House, 4th Floor, Moscow, Russian Federation, 107045
Fax: +7 495 789 8461

Spain
Gran Via de Carlos III, 86. Planta 5a., Edificios Trade - Torre Este, 08028, Barcelona, Spain
Fax: +34 934 901 863

Hong Kong
18/F, Ever Gain Centre, 28 On Muk Street Shatin, N.T. Hong Kong
Fax: +852 27 838 535

India
Unit No. S 704, 7th floor, World Trade Center, Brigade Gateway Campus, No.26/1, Dr.Rajkumar Road, Malleswaram-Rajajinagar, Bangalore 560 055, India
Fax: +91 804 269 8899

Malaysia
Suite 17.3, Level 17, Menara IMC, (Letter Box No.5), No.8, Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Fax: +60 327 132 855

The Philippines
Unit 8, 11th Floor Zuellig Bldg., Makati Avenue corner Paseo de Roxas, Makati City, Philippines 1225
Fax: +63 28 873 794

Singapore
7 Tampines Grande, #08-01 Hitachi Square, Singapore 528736
Fax: +65 65 351 533

Brazil
Alameda Santos, 745 – 10º andar - Cj. 101 and 102, Cerqueira César, São Paulo, SP, CEP 01419-001
Fax: +55 113 284 0160

Mexico
Piedra # 200, Col. Jardines del Pedregal, C.P. 01900, Mexico D.F.
Fax: +52 555 481 2416

Hitachi Complaints & Reviews

Hitachi — Cooling problem continue

Cooling problem continue I have bough1 nos Window AC 1.5 ton from Pathak Enterprises District Shahjahanpur...

Hitachi, Ltd — hitachi a/c 1.5 ton defect product delivered

Dear Concern, We have purchased Hitachi split a/c 1.5 ton on 24th April 2017 from vasanth & co Asaripallam...

Hitachi Air ConditionerAfter sales service

Since 26th march the hitachi air conditioner is just lying like that only in my house and there is no one to come and install it, i purchased it from ezone chembur, kmall.
The person for installations calls up, gives different location as a reason for not coming, at times he says his 2wheeler has got spoilt. I do not know whom to blame the hitachi people for giving such a fabulous reward fro purchasing their product or ezone who are not concerned once they sell any product.
I am getting a feeling that i have applied for my retirement pension and to get the same i have to approach them again and again.
Just to remind you i have purchased a 29000 / - product.

• Sh
      shipra gairola May 21, 2010

last year i purchased a 1.5 ton hitachi split ac .now it needs a service/cleaning.the dealer says he is not responsible for servicing/cleaning and passed me the no of customer call center.to my surprise such a big and reputed brand has a call center which is non functioal.i had been trying that no since yesterday and there is no response.it is really very shameful.

Hitachi Sf - 90pyellow mark

Dear Hitachi,
    Im very upset with my first purchase from hitachi. Everytime after wash white clothes, some of my clothes will have yellow mark or stain (refer photo) . And it is hardly to clean by clean water. I have to soak with detergent & rewash by hand. I've done many time tube cleaning process and I never mix my color clothes with white clothes but it spoil my clothes! Especially my new cloth which just bought! im really can't take it already.I hope you can send someone to check it. Thank you.

Hitachi Fridge - R - Vg710 P3m / GgrServices

Dear Sir or Madam
      Good day to you

Would like to complaint regarding the Hitachi fridge model: R-VG710 P3M/GGR issue.

This is 1st time purchased Hitachi home appliance products & dealing with Harvey Norman.
      I purchased unit from dealer, Harvey Norman branch Mid Valley Malaysia which delivered on early of April 2014. The order confirmation no: 88584 dated 15-Feb-2014.

At End of June, found not cooling & abnormal noise from behind the fridge(motor) side, reported intermediately to Harvey Norman for contact Hitachi Malaysia for service or investigate. Ms Malina from customer service help to contact and follow up of my case with many thanks.

Contractor from Hitachi came on 03-July-14, 4.00pm; but information from my mother the technical person just only wash and clear the ice only; there no further info from the contractor.

We expected the fridge in good condition since contractor settled & since no further information on it from any side.
      Again the same issue happen after two days from the contractor services. We called & complaint to Harvey Norman regarding the issue. The contractor came 2nd time on 10-July-14, 4.30pm & only informed the fridge not completely fix yet since 03-July.
      He came for take photos for inquiry factory regarding this issue cause he informed no solution to fix it.

I need to keep follow up closely everyday by myself instead of no any feedback from Harvey Norman to update status.
      Harvey Norman the other customer service person ask me direct contacting Hitachi service team instead waiting their follow up.
      As a customer, i will keep the right to Harvey Norman that ask customer direct to follow up own for the report instead it should be Harvey Norman responsibility.

The last solution may only 1 to 1 exchange info from the contractor; last message from the contractor on 11-July-14 was pending factory feedback.
      He asked us select the fridge power 1st/lower level, can't select over 2 to 5 level.
      It really caused lots of inconvenience for my family.

This morning (16-July-14) been contact Hitachi Sales (M) S/B Service Manager, Mr Wilson informed that will check and come back to me. (17-July-14) called again, the service manager informed await the contractor provide report info to made decision/discussion.
      It been over 2-3weeks after the contractor come took the photos. Wonder why until now still not settle it!!

However, it been taken almost 2-4weeks for my case. The fridge current status is means temporary functional!
      As a customer/1st time dealing with Harvey Norman i wonder how it taken such long to solve it & really disappointed with unsatisfactory service.

After above long story mentioned, wish that Harvey Norman related department could handle my case efficiently & update status regarding the solution and target date to close my report.

Hitachi Home Life Solutions (I) Ltd.Servicing / gas charging of faulty ac

Upon scheduled inspection of the 2 Ton Hitachi Window AC installed at my residence, on 26/03/2014, I was advised by Hitachi Authorised Service to go in for recharging of gas in the Unit. I was told that the Unit will have to be taken to the workshop for the purpose and will take around a week. I was also told that the Company guarantees a performance of Unit for three months (against gas leakage) once the gas refill is done.
        The Company thereafter took the Unit to workshop, did re-fill of gas and supposedly also did testing of the same at workshop before re-installing the machine on 01/04/2014. I was charged a sum of Rs.3750/- towards this by HHLI. On 25/04/2014 when the Air-Conditioner was switched on for the first time, the machine did not work for even 2 hours and let out a hissing sound and stopped cooling altogether. The compressor of machine meanwhile will not shut down. A complaint was lodged on 26/04/2014 to this effect and the attending technician on 27/04/2014 said that the capacitor of machine has given away. On 01/05/2014 the technician appeared with a new capacitor only to discover that the compressor of the machine was not good enough and that a change of capacitor would not help. The machine therefore, could not work for even two hours, despite a gas charging and testing of machine by Hitachi, which set me back by Rs 3750/- . I allege that the HHLI Service centre showed callousness and utter professional negligence in not diagnosing the health of machine properly, while repairing the machine in as much as doing gas re-charging on a machine whose compressor itself was not in a good health to perform any longer. When the machine is entrusted to OEM Authorised service then it is expected of the Company to undertake proper professional assessment of the machine and its health and undertake expensive repairs only if the Unit as a whole is capable of performing. The Authorised Hitachi Service makes a customer pay through the nose but quality of such service is not befitting the repute of the Hitachi brand. It was their professional duty, above all, to assess the health of the compressor of the machine before doing a gas re-fill. I was therefore, kept in dark and put to unnecessary and deliberate loss by HITACHI by such negligent attitude towards service and repair.

As a result of this callous approach of Hitachi I was left with no other choice than to go in for a new Air-Conditioner on after disposing of the machine and was therefore, put to unnecessary financial burden despite spending huge money on repair of my old AC. All the relevant testimonials were sent to the Company and vide my letters dated 12/05/2014 and 27/05/2014 I have requested the Head-Customer care at Delhi and Ahmedabad viz. Sh. Sandeep Gupta and Sh. Atul Chaudhary to take a note of this event and refund Rs.3750/- to me. All such communication besides a number of e-mails have fallen on deaf ears in the Company. It is pity to note that such big brands can behave in such a petty manner with customer and have no concern about their goodwill. All communication copy is available with me.

It is necessary to expose the incompetent service backend of Hitachi and make their Principals realise that a good product happens to be in wrong hands. It is indeed petty when such Companies fleece and cheat customers and make them pay for bad and unethical practices in the name of Service. The Company deserves to be taken to Consumer Court for such unfair trade practices

Ex200 Hitachi Escavatorsend me a very old merchine to what i paid for

good day, sir/madam.i would like to bring this horrable and high way robbery i have experience with the above mension company in china.i found this used equiptment company through trade key. i saw a very good used merchine that company has for sale, i contacted them a lady named shelly contacted me, we started talking business, i ask her to send me as much pictures as possibble which she did, i ask her several times through e-mail is that the merchine i will be reciveing, she assure me yes, very good condition merchine, engine looks great, i own a heavy equiptment company so i know about merchine, how ever i ask this lady again do not show me a merchine and then send me something else, she respond saying oh no not at all .i paid in full amount and shipping.when i recived this merchine 1/3/2013 i almost drop off my feet i could not belive my eyes, all the electric wires cut up, side of the engine has a metal plate busted, the water outlets has a piece of wood and cloth stuck in it to stop water leaks, no batterys, the bucket ha no tooth at all, the engineer looks at that merchine and cant belive someone can take people's money and do that to them, this lady has done something terrable to me, please i need to get my money back from this company, and hope they dont do that to any one else, a complete wreck she send me, never send the merchine i paid for, so please help me if you can or advise me what can be done.thank you very much.

Hitachi Kaze 1. 5ton A / CSWINGS NOT WORKING

MY NAME IS DEEPAK KUMAR MOBLE NO. [protected] I PURCHASED A WINDOW A/C KAZE MODEL ON 22/05/2012 V. INVOICE NO.26 FRM HITACHI OM & LIFE SOLUTION (INDIA) LTD., LUDHIANA (PUNJAB) .FROM DAY ONE SWING OF A/C IS NOT WORKING AND IT ALSO HAVE STARTING PROBLEM. FROM DAY ONE I AM COMPLAING TO THEIR AUTHORISED PERSON MR. SANDEEP MEHRA BUT NIETHER HE IS REPLACING THE A/C NOR GIVING SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM PLEASE HELP ME OUT TO SOLVE MY PRBLEM.
            DEEPAK KUMAR MOB. [protected] EMAIL ID [protected]@gmail.com
            ADD. 436, STREET NO. 5, UPKAR NAGAR, CIVIL LINES LUDHIANA 141001

• Vi
                vinaysk Oct 06, 2012

No use, I am facing the same issue with no resolution, TWO technicians visited my place but could not fix the issue nor agreed for replacement of the defective piece of ### A/C unit, Hitachi does not admit the problem, suggest you approach the consumer court...and sue them

• Or
                ORM_Test Aug 16, 2012

Haven't they called you yet?

Hitachiservice

never buy a hitachi a/c as they have big before-sale promises but no after sale service...i bought a hitachi a/c from croma store on 06/07/2012 with a service promise of "installation within 48 hours". today after several reminders to their call centers i have got just one assurence that my a/c will be inatslled tomorrow, or tomorrow, or tomorrow and today is fifth day after delivery.i tried to contact their G.M. but to no avail, tried to contact any senior manager but again all the same. at Hitachi call center i spoke to mr.MEHUL, mr.ATIL, mr.PRASHANT and a few more people during these five days & everybody gave me the same assurrence "TOMORROW"...WOW !!! after many efforts i was given their delhi service center no.(011-[protected]) this no is hardly attended to but after abt 25-30 calls mr.CIBI GEORGE answered the call and there after mr.DHARAM CHAUHAN(mob.no-[protected]), with the assurence that my a/c wiii be inatalled TODAY evening, they are not responding their calls now.i again contacted the customer carre & spoke to mr PRASHANT & narrated him my ordeal abt the whole incedent, he in turn spoke to the service provider in delhi SHIVAM-SERVICES' mr YASHPAL..to my utter surprise the outcome was TOMORROW or SATURDAY or SUNDAY as they are very busy & short of staff.. THANKS HITACHI... my service request no is -[protected], date of purchacing & delivery-06/07/2012, days of waiting for installation-5 tomorrow will be 6th day, , THANK YOU HITACHI, , YOURS WITH POSITIVE HOPE, , sachin dutt..

• Ta
                  TATA DOCOMO Aug 01, 2012

Dear Sachin,

Please provide us your purchase and contact details. You can also mail us on [email protected] or arrange a call back from us by sending an SMS “Croma” to 56677

Regards,
                  Team Croma

HitachiNO SERVICE and NO Customer SERVICE

Ok.. Just Another addition to "n" no. of betrayed, disappointed and exhausted customers of HITACHI.

Dear Sir/ Madam,

SUBJECT: SOS Please!!!

I bought an HITACHI AC 1.5 Ton (from my very heard earned money), Last year on APRIL 29th, 2011 from ACE TECHNOMARK, GREAT INDIA PLACE, SHOP no. 230, NOIDA .

This Season when I switched on my AC, it just dint work the way it was suppose to, NO COOLING!!! Because my service was also due, I called up the Customer Care number on 6th April 2012 and requested for the servicing of the AC and GAS filling. And they promised that the issue will be resolved within 48 hrs. But as usual, the LAID BACK attitude of these customer service people (failures) and ZERO customer service communication, No one from HITACHI has turned up to service my AC.

ITS BEEN 10 Days NOW. In between I have called up the customer care no. at least once every single day and requested for the service. And every time I get to hear.. "Sir aapko jo asuvedhaa huee hai uske liye hum maafee chahthe hain.. aaj 200% aapkaa AC service hojayegaa.." and promises are made again, call after call.

I even called up my dealer 5 times during this period.. he promised he'll take of it and now even he is hopeless (imagine our condition) and has been avoiding my calls.

I request you to please take this into serious consideration and advise or if possible take an action against these ---------.

My Complaint No. : [protected]
                Customer Service ([protected] ext: 2) Executive's Name: Mr. Mubaarak ( made 14 calls in total)
                ACE TECHNOMARK (GIP) Shop No. 230, GREAT INDIA PLACE, SECTOR 38A- NOIDA: Shop Owner: Mr. Karan Contact No. [protected] ( called 5 times)

Noida service center executive cum engineer: MR. Pawan Kumar: [protected] ( called 4 times)

Thanking you,

Kind Regards

Anish Bhatia

• So
                    Somil Apr 19, 2012

There service is pathetic, I have also request for service on 8 April 2012, Service Request No :- [protected], but no action till now.

HitachiTV 60V500A

We had a huge Hitachi TV. A 60", it was the biggest TV at the time. The screen went bad and we found out too late that all those models and the smaller 50" had same problem. We paid $4K for this TV and we didn't get a recall because Hitachi didn't issue one. To this day they are denying the problem. We even appealed it and said we would pay for the labor to install the part if they would just send us the part which costs over $800 bucks to fix and Hitachi would probably be out less than $100 bucks with them just sitting in the warehouse and they denied that request. We will NEVER buy Hitachi again.

Hitachi LCD L32a01ano service center

I got a Hitachi LCD TV – L32a01A on 4th Apr 2010 for Rs. 38000. On 20th April 2011, the Hitachi LCD TV display suddenly crashed. I was able to hear only the audio and could not see the video. Hitachi’s service center not available in Hyderabad. and other local services they charge for screen around 15 to 18 thousand it not fair,

Hitachi LCD TV is Rs. 38000 which I feel is total waste. People kindly avoid buying Hitachi products. They are big time cheaters in India none of Hitachi products are successful.

no service center

Hitachi 29&t. VNon. Functioning

Dear Sir, I purchased a hitachi t.v.29" about 15years ago. We derived great viewing pleasure as the t.v gave us trouble free service.We have a sentimental value for this t.v and therefore do not wish to dispence with it.T.V modelisc2980fs/code121 serial no s9c002588.About a month ago the t.v. stopped functioning. We tried to speak to the local dealer but he said its to old and therefore he is unable to help. Moreover the t.v is made in singapore therefore spares maynot be available.My request is that someone should atleast visit us and identify the problem.I am an old man and donot have the strength to carry such a heavy t.v from pillar to post. Pl. help me. Regds deepak mehta mob no [protected]

Camcorder DZ-HS300Asupport policies

I own a Hitachi Hybrid Camcorder that I paid close to $1, 000. In order to transfer videos from the device to the PC you need to use Imagemixer software that was bundled with the camcorder at time of purchase (no other way to do it according to Hitachi). I recently upgraded my desktop and the Imagemixer software was over-written. I tried to reload the software from my back up and it didn't work. Hitachi support wants me to buy a new license for the software saying the software license is linked to the original disk. You can download updates and upgrades from their software site, but not the main software. When I called the software manufacturer they said they are not allowed to help me but Hitachi's claim "the license is linked to the disk" is inaccurate. Hitachi is clearly trying treat software as a "replacement part" and gouge me in the process.

Their support team was not very helpful and offered no other suggestions than "try to find the original disk" or "call our distributor and buy a new one". I guess I won't be buying any more $1, 000 items from Hitachi - they really showed me!

Bill D.

Hitachi Window Ac - Win - Rat318hrdINEFFICIENT COOLING

my window ac is not working properly I have lodged the complaint to your Kanpur Office but they have not attend the complaint properly inspite of my various request to your service centre Kanpur (UP) . Please look into the matter personally & advice to your engineer to
                          check cooling of my ac & visit after 6pm at any day.
                          thanks & regards
                          Savita Srivastava, Mob. [protected], [protected]

Hitachimachine not working

Sir,
                            On 31/08/08 I bought a three door Hitachi freedge model no RS-37SVND FROM Varun Electronics Rohini Delhi.From the next month there was problem in the machine of ice not making.After that time I complaint so many times to Hitachi Customer Care, every time a executive come to my home & tell a different reason.Once the executive told me to buy a new digital stabilizer & I already have a automatic stabilizer.Atleast I bought a new digital stabilizer, but the problem still the same.Again I make a complaint to Hitachi on30/04/2011, the complaint ref. no. is [protected] . This time the executive asked me to keep my fridge outside from kitchen & I did it, but the problem is same.Every time when the executive come, he charge me Rs.285.On 11/08/2011 once again I make a complaint to Hitachi, the ref. no. is11081100490. Today one executive came from Hitachi & told me that there is gas leakage in machine & we will refill the gas & u will have to pay for it Rs.6000/- I only want to know that when my fridge is not working since 31/08/08 & Iam continously making complaints since I had purchased it, why I should pay for it ?
                            This is one of the worst experience of mine to buy a Hitachi Product.
                            Thanks

• Ca
                                captian-knob Aug 17, 2011

I belive your issue may be 'mayonaise jam' this is when mayonaise becomes jammed in your appliance and makes it perform shockingly, this may be solved by removing the mayonaise using something called a 'cloth' if you have not heard of these wonderfull inventions then can be bought in alot of places, i use cloths for alot of things, suchas clothes, condoms, cleaning and hankercheifs.
                                have a wonderfull day and take some stress pills muffin.

Hitachi Air - Conditioner — auto swing not working

in window air conditioner auto swing is not working complaint no [protected] dated 5-7-11 but till now no...

Hitachi / Split Ac (Follow Me Model)New Purchased AC not functioning and company not attending the complaint

New Purchased AC not functioning and company not attending the complaint
                              I WANTED THIS COMMUNICATION MUST REACH TO THE CHAIRMAN / CEO TO KNOW THE
                              EXACT WORKING AND DEALING AFTER SALE OF THE PRODUCTS BUT COULD NOT DO BEAUSE OF NON PRODUCTION OF ACTUAL CONTACT NO> / MAIL ADDRESS BY CALL CENTRE

Dear Sir,

I would like to bring to your kind notice that I purchased a HITACHI 1.5Ton Split AC Model No. RAC518ERD on 8th May 2011 from M/s R.K. Vision, Khanna Market, Lodhi Colony, New Delhi (India). When the persons came for installation they found that right side of the swing function part was not working, despite my request to call the company they did not bother, after 3 days some executive came to demonstrate and told us thatsome engineer will come and see the problem. He had noted the
                              non-functioning remarks on his sheet. After waiting and waiting no body turned up to correct the problem. On 17.5.2011 I again made a call for lodging a complaint and they had given me complaint no. [protected] dt. 17.5.2011. Again and again I contacted on telephone no.. [protected] who told
                              me that some person would visit tomorrow. When I told them that I would complaint to higher authorities they rudely replied OK.

On 25.5.2011 some person from Hitachi named Lalit Kumar came to attend the complaint and after inspection he told that some part is not working and I shall come to correct the complaint. Despite repeated request / calls still (29.5.2011 9.30 p.m. ) no body turned up. Really I am thinking that I am cheated as no after sales service is provided by Hitachi.

I am bringing this to your kind notice through complaint board to know about the after sale service provided by your company. Please arrange to advise your marketing staff to immediately change the defective AC and avoid to defame the reputation of the products manufactured by HITACHI.Hope an immediate action at your end

Sincerely yours,
                              S R K HUSAIN
                              30.5.2011

Hitachi Home & Life Solutions(India) LimitedFaulty Inner Motor of Split AC

I purchased a newly launched Hitachi Iclean split A.C. 1.5 T from Utility Trading Engineers Pvt. Ltd., Chandigarh on 18.4.2011 in the name of my wife. With in a week, it started gi ving trouble. As such, after trying for some more time, a complaint was registered with the customercare of Hitachi vide Req.No.[protected] on 4th May, 2011 and the representative of the Company declared after examination, that the inner motor of the AC is faulty and this was recorded by him on the Voucher itself. Despite contacting the company and the dealer several times for replacement of the entire inner machine, the Unit is still lying unattended, nor has I received any response from the Company.The dealer is washing his hands with the remarks that the action is to be taken by the company. Even my two emails to the company and its customer care service, have remained unattended. I am cursing the day I opted for costly Hitachi brand. Can anybody advise the course of action to resolve the above complaint. Of course, I am contemplating action under Consumers Act.

CSMIDHA,
                                ZIRAKPUR

• Cs
                                    C.S.Midha May 29, 2011

This is with reference to the complaint of Mr.Lamba from Jallandhar. I would like to him if the AC is within the warranty period, ask the dealer/company to replace it. He may visit both dealer/local service station of Hitachi for this purpose. Even if there turn a deaf year to all complaints, he may issue a notice to both of them asking them to replace it otherwise he will file a complai nt with Consumer Court. He may also send an email to the company at www.hitachi-hli.com with a copy to the retailer/dealer.

CSMIDHA

• La
                                    lamba May 29, 2011

i purchased hitachi 2 ton ac from jalandhar (pb) problem is there. complaint no [protected] on 21/5/2011.after many reminding no hearing. after purchasing ac i have purchased burden for my family.do something other wise you may take your ac and refund my money. (mob)[protected]. [email protected]
                                    repay as soon as u can...!!!

• Cs
                                    C.S.Midha May 23, 2011

This is in continuation of my complaint regarding faulty inner motor of Hitachi make I clean AC. Let me put it on record that at last, the company has replaced the entire inner unit of AC on22.5.2011.

Hitachi / Split AcNot attending to complaint in warranty

I purchased a split AC of Hitachi on January 30, 2011 and in the last week of April, 2011 I first thought of using it. I discovered that the AC is not cooling.

I called up the service center at Delhi (011-[protected]) and was told that it would be attended to in 48 hours. An engineer came the very next day and said that there is a leak and the gas inside has escaped. The leak needs to be fixed and gas re-filled.

Since then, no body has come to fix it. Every time I call up the service center (which is very difficult to get through) I am told that it would be attended to on the day or the next day. But, it is over one week of follow up in vein. I asked them to let me know the escallation path and also called up the corporate office in Ahmedabad but with no respite.

Any help to resolve the issue will be greately appreciated.

• Ab
                                      Abhinav Goswami May 29, 2011

I purchased Hitachi split AC from Navarang Audio & Video(p) Ltd, Laaxmi Nagar, Delhi on 29.06.2011 but till date no one has come to give routine service.When I asked the customer care centre at Lucknow today i.e.29.05.11, the lady says that all the check-ups are now lapseed and only one service can be provided now.She also confirmed that there is no system for automatic routine service.This is horriblet that a company of Hitachi repute is so callous about customer services and are so blunt to refuse servicing which company should have provided.

Sashikala May 13, 2011

I am from chennai. I purchased Hitachi split AC on January 02, 2011 at Ratna Fan House, Chennai. I too had the same problem 10 days before. I registered a complaint on 4th of April, the very next day technician came and said that gas leakage has happened and some other person will in couple of days to rectify it, but no one has come for 5 days, then we called the customer and blasted, then on 11th April a person came and attended it. On that night coolin was pretty good. Then again last night I faced a same problem.

There are lots of AC's are there which is less than Hitachi's price but we considered Hitachi only because of brand. Within 4 months we registered 3 complaints. I dont know what brand name they have??!! We have a plan of purchasing 4 AC's, for sure I will not go for HITACHI.