Sears Maintenance Agreement / awful experience

Sears Maintenance Agreement
Not a first in the maintenance agreement industry. You get a phone call, you negotiate, (well, Sears TELLS you) how much you are going to pay for a new maintenance agreement. After deciding which appliances you want to keep and which you want to exclude the quote you a final price. Here's the kicker! It doesn't matter what notes you keep! Sears originally quoted me a price of $1133 for three years. In todays economy, without job security, I thought this is too much. Especially since it took them NINE months to deliver our refer door. (Another story for a later date). If wwe were to remove our chest freezer we would save $100.00 per year. WOW! A freezer is cheap enough I am willing to risk the investment. Besides, when our old one gave out they refused to replace contents like their policy states. Well, how much do you think they billed me? The $1133 but removed the freezer. Hey! Where's my discount? I hop on the phone faster that lightening! Talk to a Supervisor who only tells me that he was not in on the conversation but he could remove one year and discount my policy that way. HUH? How is that helping. I want to remove the $300 extra I was charged. I asked him if he could go into a recording bank...were the conversations recorded? Nope! No such thing...but he is willing to continue to rip me off by keeping the $300 on there, then removing one year from my policy to make my policy about $300 less. Hmmm...does this sound right?

A  4th of May, 2010 by
DO NOT SHOP IN SEARS AT HAMPTON HOUSE ROAD IN NEWTON NJ . . . The female manager, who refused to give me her name,
was a ### in plain english . . . she would not even listen to my request. I have a maintenance agreement for a sears vacauum
cleaner and many other appliances as well. Since I didn't have the rest of the parts and accessories refused to accept my vacauum
for repair. Insulted me right in front of my friend and refused to talk to me. Could not answer my questions and gave me "Shirley".
She was another loser. These sales people are useless. I had to call the repair dept myself and they said "Of course we would
fix it without your accessories . . . " They stated that this store is incompetent in telling me they could not accept it. I have
been in business for 30 years and would never treat a customer as poorly as I was treated. These managers should be fired!
This female manager is a LIAR and unschooled . . . get rid of her and maybe you would have some business. You lost my business.
Never again will I buy a Sears item . . . thank God for Lowes!!! THUMBS DOWN TO SEARS ON HAMPTONHOUSE ROAD IN NEWTON NJ.

Joan Schreiber
N  25th of Oct, 2011 by
Sears repair services is not trust worthy.
They will re schedule your appointments without you knowing. They promise to be at your house between 8 and 12 and don't show up or call . I have been waiting 2 weeks to get my oven repaired. The parts arrived and was told to call and they would get someone out sooner, howevr on his invoive he stated that service would be on friday between 8-12. Called and was told I was scheduled for the next tuesday! This is rediculous! The supervisor was no help and arrogant! Today is Tuesday and it is after 12 and i have not been notified of lateness . Again I wait!!!
I will not purchase another warranty from Sears!!

Sears Brands Logo Sears Brands