Sears Kenmore Dryer / delivery

1 Burlington MallBurlington, MA, United States
Phone: 781-221-4900

I bought Kenmore dryer in Sears on October 18, 2008 (copy of the sales receipt is enclosed). At the time of purchase, the delivery was scheduled for October 24, 2008 and I provided two telephone numbers (as it appears on the receipt) asking the salesman to list my cell phone number as the primary number for contact. The Sears’ delivery system is very inconvenient. When I came home from work the night before the delivery, I found a message on my home answering machine stating that the delivery has been scheduled between 3PM and 5PM next day. The call was made to my home number regardless of my inquiry. At the day of the delivery, October 24, I had to leave my work at 2:30 (my regular working hours 8AM-5:30PM) to be at home on time for scheduled delivery. When I came home, I found a message from Sears on my home answering machine that the dryer is not going to be delivered. No explanation was provided in the message. When I called Sears asking for the reason, the representative told me that the dryer was not found in the warehouse. The delivery was rescheduled for October 27. Again, the message from Sears regarding the delivery time was made to my home phone regardless of my several inquiries to do it to my cell phone. This time it was scheduled between 8AM and 10AM. On the delivery day at around 9AM, while waiting for the delivery, I decided to call Sears and check if the delivery truck is on its way. To my great surprise, I found out that the delivery was cancelled due to the bad weather. The cancellation message was recorded in the Sears computer system at 6:45AM that morning by the route ID No. 1158003. I would like to emphasize that it was 40°F outside and sunny, and I had no calls from Sears regarding cancellation. If somebody from Sears called me at 7AM, I would have gone to my work, not wasting my time. If I didn’t call, I would have waited even longer for nothing. I rescheduled the delivery again for Sunday, November 2, 2008. After so many discrepancies, I decided to call Sears Friday to confirm the delivery day and the phone number to call, and found out that the delivery is scheduled for Saturday, not Sunday. On top of that I found out that Sears had the wrong cell phone number. Ironically, I was told that it is impossible to change the phone number in the system. Again, no calls from Sears had been made regarding the change.

My dryer was delivered on Saturday, but it had silver control panel instead of white one as I requested on the purchase day.

During this whole ordeal, I lost 5 hours of work, spent a lot of time on the phone with Sear delivery system representatives, and eventually delivered the wrong-colored dryer.

I would like to recover a reasonable measure of damages I sustained.

Olga Kadish