[Resolved] Sears / I purchased an air compressor and discovered a part missing

I purchased an air compressor and discovered a part missing. Sears parts would not give me one but required me to buy one for over $11. Mean time I can’t use the compressor since the part is on back order. Today I discovered that there is another part missing and Sears parts informs me that I will have to contact the store. The problem is that I bought the compressor in CO on my way to a job in MO. Now I’m stuck with a Craftsman Compressor that is useless and I need it for work. I can’t even return it because I am out of state on a job. I very angry with the shoddy way Sears has come to do things. I expected better from Sears.

• Resolution statement

• Sears Brands Customer Care's Response, Apr 19, 2012

Dear Fromage,

I apologize for the headache and hassle you've encountered with your new compressor purchase. Considering you purchased the unit for an out of state job, I can understand why this is beyond frustrating. My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. After reading your post, I have to say I am very concerned, and would like to offer my team's help in making this right. We would like to speak with you more about this situation, and ensure that everything is being done to expedite a resolution that will be to your satisfaction.

At your convenience, please contact my office via email at [protected]@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the compressor was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Fromage) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Brian S.