Sears / delivery warning to those who buy dishwashers!
We purchased a GE dishwasher from Sears in Cupertino, CA and paid an extra $140 or $150 charge to have the old dishwasher removed and the new one installed in its place. Luckily, the delivery person (Eric from the Campbell delivery contracting company, Matt Stalie) came within the two hour window set by Sears' customer support dispatcher. Unfortunately, although we had already paid for installing the unit, we were told that we needed to pay $65 to replace the copper and plastic tubing from the dishwasher to the water source and the drain. We told the delivery person that he could just leave the new dishwasher in our kitchen and we would deal with the rest of the installation. However the situation became a catch-22. The delivery person said that we needed to pay $75 to leave the unit uninstalled in the garage (not even carried to the kitchen) or we could pay $65 to have him install the unit with two new flexible metal tubes. We opted to just make out a check for $65. Here's a tip for someone who would like to save some cash in a similar situation. One could figure out from the installation contractor ahead of time about what kind of tubing is necessary for the dishwasher which is to be installed. Then one could head out to a hardware store to purchase and install the proper tubing before the installation contractor delivers and installs the unit.
When the family member who purchased the unit came home, it was noted that the model which was delivered and installed was actually the wrong color/style which is another problem in itself.
More Sears Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Sears - customer service department 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product! 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company! 
- [Resolved] Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery 
- [Resolved] Sears Kenmore Elite Oasis Washing Machine - F1 error 
- Sears.com - online order defective on delivery
- Sears Brands - sears home services
- Sears Master Protection Plan - hot water heater replacement
- Sears Home Warranty - service not provided
- Sears - delivery disaster