Sears Canada / damaged appliance

1 Ancaster, Ontario, Canada

The new $1300 plus taxes Whirlpool gas stove we purchased from Sears in Ancaster, Ontario, on 09/02/26 was delivered today, 09/03/04 ($60.00 delivery charge) with the left side panel and top left edge badly dented.

A Sears representative informed us that a replacement stove could not be delivered until March 12 - eight days from now, but said we could use the stove in the interim. When asked who was going to pay for the gas fitter to hook up the damaged stove today, un-hook the stove on March 11, and then hook up the replacement stove after delivery on March 12, she wasn't sure but suggested that there might be some compensation.

I suggested that the best solution was for Sears to pick up the damaged stove by tomorrow at the latest - it's now blocking the middle of the kitchen - and that we would purchase a stove elsewhere and have it delivered way before March 12. She requested time to see what she could do and promised to get back to us by 9:00 tonight.

It’s now 9:26 p.m., and - you’ve guessed it - no phone call !!

I googled “Sears Canada” while I was waiting for the call that never came. Based on the latest business reports, it would seem that Sears Canada is in serious financial trouble. If Sears treats its customers like we’ve been treated I can understand why, and unless Sears starts to treat its customers with honesty and respect, Sears financial problems are only going to get worse - much worse !

Sears Canada