Sears — bad mattress and return policy
I bought a Sealy mattress from Sears in November. The mattress they delivered was much harder than the one in the store. I went to the store to exchange it and the sales person indicated that the one on the floor was eight months old so that is why it probably felt softer. I picked out another mattress that was softer and according to the sales person $75 cheaper. I was told I would receive a refund. When I called to arrange delivery I was told that the new mattress was the same price. The second mattress was delivered and again it felt different than the one in the store. The padding seemed thinner and less dense and there was an indention in the middle. When lying down on the mattress I sink down to the springs which are unyielding. I went back to Sears and tried to explain the problem to a basically mute sales person and she said go ahead and pick out a different mattress. I picked out a higher priced mattress from Simmons. When I called the delivery department they said they would call back. When they did they indicated there was only one exchange allowed, not one per 30 days.
I am now stuck with an uncomfortable mattress which I paid too much for.
More Sears Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Sears - customer service department 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product! 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company! 
- Sears Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator - Dept of energy agreement does not compensate me properly 
- [Resolved] Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery 
- Sears Lawnmower - never worked properly 
- [Resolved] Sears Home Improvement &buyer Beware& - buyer beware/contracts changed 
- Sears - problems with restocking fee 
- Sears, Inc. - slow posting of payment on account
- [Resolved] Sears Mattress - did not receive item or refund