[Resolved] Sears / employee complaint

The way this company treats its employees is disgusting. I don't know how the owner of the franchise can sleep at night. Threatening people's positions of employment with them is in know way motivational or going to make people happy working for them. They need to get their prioities strsight. They should be glad they get any customers at all instead of the whole force feeding credit down everyones throats and making life hell, for their employees who have trouble adhereing to their unreasonable demands. With the economy the way it is their lucky anyone sets foot in their store at all and are very lucky if anyone actually buys anything from them much less uses a credit card in their store. They need to see reality. People don't want credit they don't want to end up in det and companies don't like to issue a lot of credit out of fear they will not get paid. They need to change the horrendus way they deal with their buisness period!

• Resolution statement

• Sears Brands Customer Care's Response, Mar 26, 2010

Dear ROBERT BURMEISTER,

My name is Shayne and I work for the Sears Cares Escalations Team. I can see how you not receiving your order can be frustrating to you. At your convenience please contact my office via email at searscares@searshc.com so that we can look into this for you. Please provide us a contact number and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name (ROBERT BURMEISTER) in the email so we can reference to your case.

Shayne W.
    Senior Case Manager

• Sears Brands Customer Care's Response, Jun 02, 2010

Dear Judy Myers,

My name is Shayne and I am part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I am sorry to hear that you still have not received your rebate that was submitted for 04/09/2010. The normal process for a rebate is about 4 – 6 weeks from the date that it was submitted. At your convenience, please contact our office at searscares@searshc.com so we can look into this for you and see what we can do to help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (Judy Myers) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Shayne W.
    Senior Case Manager

• Sears Brands Customer Care's Response, Sep 30, 2010

Dear Gloria Sanchez,

My name is Scott, and I'm with Sears Cares Escalations within corporate. I found your post and wanted to offer some help as we definitely want to see you in a Sears store again. I'm terribly sorry for your experience overhearing a sales associate, whom wasn't very enthusiastic about helping you to begin with, speaking of using drugs. This is totally unacceptable and unprofessional. Sears prides itself on a reputation and tradition of the highest levels of customer service and relationships; we've obviously disappointed you. We'd like the opportunity to help so we can see you back in a store sometime. At your convenience please contact my office via email at searscares@searshc.com so that we can assist with resolving this issue. Please provide us a contact number and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name (Gloria Sanchez) in the email so we can reference to your case.

• Sears Brands Customer Care's Response, Oct 19, 2010

Dear vickimike1,

Please accept my apology for the tardy response to your post here as I just found it. I'm so sorry your dishwasher has failed and is causing you some frustration and inconvenience. I know the delay in having it repaired only made matters worse. Please understand that a delay in service is not a reflection of Sears not backing our products or supporting our customers. Sears does service nationwide for several vendors, not just our own products, and with that heavily impacted service schedule, delays can occur. I'm Scott with the Sears Social Media Support Team and we'd like to help. At your convenience please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so that we can assist with resolving this issue. Please provide us a contact number and the phone number the dishwasher was purchased under and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name (vickimike1) in the email so we can reference to your case.

Social Media Support Team

• Sears Brands Customer Care's Response, Oct 28, 2010

Dear lillian doty,

I apologize for responding late to your post; I just located it. My name is Scott; I'm with the Sears Social Media Support Team within corporate and I wanted to reach out to you to offer assistance. I'm so sorry for the trouble and inconvenience the malfunctioning light fixture in your Kenmore fridge has caused. I know the repeated repair attempts only made matters worse I'm sure. Sears has always stood for outstanding product quality and customer service; we've clearly let you down. At your convenience please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so that we can assist with resolving this issue. Please provide us a contact number and the phone number the fridge was purchased under and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name (lillian doty) in the email so we can reference to your case.

Social Media Support Team

• Sears Brands Customer Care's Response, Apr 15, 2011

Dear Aru Tamhane:
    My name is Susan with the Sears Cares Team and I am sorry to hear about the issues that occured with the purchase of your new refrigerator. We would like to assist you in resolving this matter. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please contact our office at smsupport@searshc.com so you (and others) don’t have to continue to be impacted by this. At your convenience, please send us an email. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the items was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (Upset From Toronto) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.

• Sears Brands Customer Care's Response, May 31, 2011

To Mom4tim,

I'm sorry that you were unhappy with the selection of dresses in one of our stores. My name is James and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears and we would like to discuss your concerns and help in anyway possible. At your convenience, please contact our office at smsupport@searshc.com. Please send us an email providing a contact phone number and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (Mom4tim) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

• Sears Brands Customer Care's Response, Jul 06, 2011

To stainless,

I'm sorry for however it is that Sears has failed you. I'm sure that we can resolve whatever issue you are having and we'd like the opportunity to do so. My name is James and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears and we value you as a Sears customer. At your convenience, please contact our office at smsupport@searshc.com. Please send us an email providing a contact phone number and please also provide the screen name (stainless) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

• Sears Brands Customer Care's Response, Aug 04, 2011

To ice buildup,

I'm so sorry that you've had so many issues with the repair appointment for your refrigerator. My name is James and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears and we would like to help make sure that you are taken care of. At your convenience, please contact our office at smsupport@searshc.com. Please send us an email providing a contact phone number and the phone number the repair was scheduled under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (ice buildup) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

• Sears Brands Customer Care's Response, Sep 14, 2011

Dear Squirlly,

I am very sorry about the difficulties with your Craftsman Circular Saw. I can understand why you are frustrated with this product. We would like to see what we can do to make this right for you. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this (so we can help). In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the circular saw was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Squirlly) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.

• Sears Brands Customer Care's Response, Mar 13, 2012

Dears PSMack,

We're so sorry for the frustration you're experiencing while waiting for the delivery of your stove and refrigerator. The delay may be due to the availability from the vendor. Nevertheless, we would like to offer our assistance. My name is Stephanie L. and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team and I would like one of our dedicated case mangers to contact you and look further into this. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the number your stove and refrigerator was purchased under and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name “PSMack “you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Stephanie L.

• Sears Brands Customer Care's Response, Mar 22, 2012

Hi Balider,

I'm Scott, and I'm a member of the Sears Cares Social Media Support Team. We found your post here and wanted to reach out to you. Please accept our apologies for the delay and aggravation you've experienced with one of our auto centers. We do value our customer's time and know how important our vehicles are. We'd like to help address your concerns regarding the auto center. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (Balider) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We do look forward to speaking with you soon.

Sears Cares Social Media Support

town ctr dr.
    La Jolla
    California
    Phone: 858-622-9300

re: purchased dishwasher from sales man Kevin at the UTC store. Kevin said I would receive the $35 rebate but NOW the rebate dept said "NO"...salesmen lied..I could have saved more money by going somewhere else... Sears will receive my torn-up card, , Also, the appliance dept salesperson...lied about names of the store manager...

forget Sears --- go somewhere else...

• Pa
      5th of May, 2008
    Sears - check for 28.59 denied
    laurel MD

I'm in Sears trying to purchase 3 shirts for my son and for $28.59 my check was denied, I didn't know what the hell was going on..later on I was told upon calling the number that I was being test for some FRAUD ALert ###..this was not good at ALL and I also had over three thousand dollars in my account...HELP are there any class actions suites againist this company..

4th of Jul, 2008

Have a problem with my microwave 3yrs old as well the dishwasher and the stove I purchased from sears at the same time their Elite line. called to have my microwave fixed it gave me a E-9 code servicemen had no idea what was wrong so he called his help line they said it was a inverter and it would cost $375.00 and a vent grill for $85 called some one else for second opinion test show it is a bad megatron covered by sears for 5 years much more to this story! Sears survive is a Scam !!

• Ly
      7th of Jul, 2008
    Sears - warantee for refrigerator
    New Jersey
    sears.com

I have a warrantee for my refrigerator that I purchased with Sears. I called on Thursday (07/03/08) only to find out that the warrantee expired and that I would have to wait 30 days for the paperwork to come in the mail to renew my contract. Now my refigerator is not working and I will have to pay $300 to have someone from Sears come and repair it. This is totally unacceptable.

6th of Aug, 2008
    Sears - Wore out way too fast
    Collegeville
    Pennsylvania
    Phone: 610-584-1804
    www.sears.com

Purchased a craftsman lawnmower and chainsaw aprox. 2 years ago. used very little, my mom, age 80 terrible @ keeping receipts. Purchased through sears online so don't know exactly where they were shipped from. Both items game me hard time since new and both no longer work. I would like full exchange for new or repaired for FREE. Craftsman is supposed to be known for its lifetime warr.

11th of Aug, 2008

I phoned Sears on January 2 to schedule a repair on our washing machine. We purchased this machine in 2004 and purchased the warranty for an additional $200. It has been my experience that warranty repairs with Sears are not prioritized in any way, so I called while the machine was still working, just making a very bad noise. I was given an appointment for January 10, and a window of 8am to 12 pm. I was advised that the service tech MIGHT call before he came, and if I didn't answer he would cancel. I took the morning off from work to be here, and did not leave the house even to walk the dogs after my husband left at about 9:00, so as not to miss the call.

By noon, no tech and no call. I called 800 4 my Home and finally spoke to a real person. She was able to tell me that I'm number 8 on the list, and he's at call 6. In our area, I cannot imagine why they scheduled 8 calls in a 4 hour period. With the local congestion, travel time alone would prevent keeping that kind of schedule. When I continued to express frustration, she transferred me, probably to the angry customer line. The man I spoke to there was sympathetic and apologetic, seemed to understand my frustration, and told me he'd have the tech call me. I waited a half hour, no call, so I called 4 my home again. I was told again that they would have the technician call me, and I gave her two phone numbers, again. I was also given the complaint phone number, and called that. I spoke to Lewis there, who treated me like I was being completely unreasonable to expect them to be there in the time frame they gave me. Apparently, waiting two hours beyond the time frame is considered normal and acceptable. I was given no recourse except to wait.

The technician finally arrived at 1:45. He did call, about 15 minutes before that.

My point with Sears, if they care to rise to this opportunity--I could understand a delay. What I don't understand is 1) why they scheduled so many calls in one morning to begin with and 2) why no one bothered to call to tell me I was going to have to wait almost 2 hours beyond my window just for the tech to arrive. I did MY part and waited all day for the call, and I expect Sears to do their part as well.

The technician is here now, and presumbably he will repair my washer. I have treated him respectfully and have given him little indication of my impatience. He is surly at best, anyway. '

In conclusion, I just have to say I am disappointed in the service Sears has offered me today. It feels like, as the customer, I was given all the responsibility ("answer the call or he won't come") but no right to expect a timely arrival.

• Di
      27th of Aug, 2008
    Sears - WARRANTIES
    SEARS
    Phone: 1-800-469-4663

AGAIN SEARS NEEDS TO INFORM CUSTOMERS OF ONLY AVAILABLE SERVICE IS FROM 8-5 ON THURSDAYS WHEN THEY SELL WARRANTIES THE CUSTOMER NEEDS INFORMED THAT THERE ARE LIMITED DAYS AND TIMES WORKING PEOPLE CANNOT TAKE A DAY OFF TO SET AROUND FOR SERVICE THE ONLY THING THEY WANT IS OUR MONEY AND COULD CARE LESS ABOUT SERVICE I WILL NEVER BUY FROM SEARS AGAIN

• Ad
      14th of Sep, 2008
    Sears - Still awaiting shampooer
    Main Street
    Gloucester

I have written and called Sears regarding the repair of my shampooer. A 2 year warranty was purchased at the same time the shampooer was purchased. Sears has had my shampooer since May and to date it has not been repaired. I have gone to the store and spoken with the manager whom informed me that the shampooer was still sitting in the back and has not been fixed. It is now September.

15th of Sep, 2008

I had decided to order and ship almost $700 of tools to my son on his second tour in Iraq. A very kind store employee gave me info about Sears online and to pursue shipping information to an APO address. On their website they list APO shipping as available ( should be it's a U.S. address, military takes responsibility outside the U.S). I tried calling to verify, got told not too politely that APO's could not be used DESPITE SPECIFIC information on the website saying APO's could be used. So I wrote an email explaining the situation and asking for an answer. You guessed it, they said contact the store or the website. Let's see, I explained the conflicting information, asked customer service to help, and they simply say go back to the source. DO YOUR REALY WANT TO RISK DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM? READ THE COMPLAINTS ON THIS AND OTHER SITES FIRST AND SAVE YORSELF THE TROUBLE.

• Ho
      19th of Sep, 2008
    Sears - Terrible service after the sale

Sears failed to provide a reasonable means to register for their rebates on home appliances. Their employees were rude, and/or simply could not help because of a lack of corporate procedure or because the employee could not adequately understand the English language. Their website didn't work and no one could explain why, or what to do to comply with Sears' requirements. I will never purchase from Sears again.

25th of Sep, 2008

We purchased a top of the line Kenmore bottom freezer refrigerator in 2000. Also purchased the MA for 3 years. Well, the month after the 3 years of the MA expired, one of the bin side bracket arms (plastic) broke. I went to Sears and purchased a replacement bracket. Installed the bracket and it failed again IN THE SAME PLACE less than 90 days later. Replaced it again and it FAILED IN THE EXACT SAME PLACE AGAIN!

Now, 2008, I have replaced this same bracket over 12 times and each time it failed in the EXACT SAME PLACE each and every time!

I have written the CEO for Sears 3 times to no avail. We had continued the MA all these years and have had other problems last year where the refrigerator started to warm up and had maintenance to repair it. A couple of months later, the ventilation fan started to fail (bearing made a lot of noise) and other plastic parts of the interior have cracked.

In December 2007 after my second letter to the CEO of Sears, I received a phone call from a person in at the National Customer Service department for Sears. I was told that the next time I had a problem with this refrigerator, Sears would replace the refrigerator. I was give a case number, name and phone number to call. I did this last month only to be told that there was nothing in the case file stating that Sears would replace our refrigerator. So, I wrote my 3rd letter to the CEO and never heard from Sears.

I went to the local Sears store yesterday and spoke with the Store Manager who listened to my complaint and to some degree, understood my fustration. She took my information and said I would receive a phone call within 24 hours. A few hours later, I did receive a phone call from Sears. I was told that I needed to have 3 MAJOR failures in one year before Sears would replace the refrigerator! And, I did not have one major failure! Lets see - refrigerator not cooling food is not a Major failure? And, I guess the bearing for the main fan going south for the winter is not major?

Needless to say, nothing I could say would change this persons views on what I was told by one of their National Customer Service personnel who was calling in response to my writing the CEO for Sears.

Bottom line - I no longer will purchase anything from Sears! They do not stand behind their product nor their word! DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM SEARS!

6th of Oct, 2008

I am unemployed and union appealing. getting workers comp not eligible --unemployment. gave sears letter from union term not wrongdoing etc. I am eligible. Sears wrote---send appeals decision... w/in 30 days or close claim!!! The pre-hearing is more than 30 days out. 5th ridiculous excuse/request from them. It's straight breach of contract. Anyone doing anything? interested in doing something? have 4 cards w/protection who honor claims. Sears-- use every excuse not to. like saying "wait till you have surgery to see if it cures your disability! I'm in serious debt because of this.

• Su
      9th of Oct, 2008
    Sears - Customer service line
    Sears

I had to wait 1 hour in line at Sears customer service. It was a horrible experience. The only good thing that happened I met a nice guy from Redding named York Galland. He even said this was an adventure he was not expecting.

Sears... get your act together. If you want people to shop at your stores, don't treat them like cattle.

17th of Oct, 2008
    Sears - Fails
    3333 Beverly Drive
    Hoffman Estates
    Illinois
    sears.com

Sears failed to fix my refrigerator during warranty period. Later required me to purchase an extended service warranty for $252 before they would return to repair in June 2008. The final repair/diagnosis was that the compressor was partially blocked with some sort of contamination which would have to have occurred from the manufacturing factory.

• Se
      16th of Nov, 2008

many areas have limited servicers. those limited area have a servicer in a specific area ONLY on a certain day.
    WE (Sears Service CONTRACTOR) have areas we see ONLY once a week . To go there 5 days a week would mean customers would pay more (mileage fee) and less customers would be served.
    It's a tough one.

• Le
      3rd of Dec, 2008
    Sears - unethical,liars
    sears, k-mart, american express
    earth

companies such as sears, k-mart, am- express, et al. are so well known for abuse of the public that there's really no excuse for anyone doing business with them. the k-mart bankrupt scam was enough. they declared existing shares worthless, then immediately issued new shares based upon the same assets and sold the company to new people. i think sears and am-express were part of this scam. i lost omly $5, 000 dollars.

• Fo
      10th of Dec, 2008
    Sears - hose problem
    Virginia

We purchased a Sears canister vacuum based on ratings in Consumer Reports. We have always had issues removing the hose from the canister body. We even went into Sears to complain and the sales associate went to demonstrate how to remove it and he couldn't get it out without a struggel. After two years the plastic on the hose broke and Sears wants nothing to do with the problem.

• Ca
      21st of Dec, 2008
    Sears - Delivery and Installation
    Newington

We purchased a Sears refrigerator for approximately $2000 on 12/12/08. We are now experiencing our third delivery reschedule and have been unable to speak with anyone at Sears who can schedule a delivery! We have been promised delivery dates and times, only to discover that the automated delivery process has rescheduled. This is negligence, pure and simple. NEVER BUY AN APPLIANCE FROM SEARS.

25th of Dec, 2008

I bought items on sears.com with Sears gift card but there's no confirmation e-mail received. Sears must had canceled the order without noticing me. Calls to Sears and to customer service managers were no help. They all told me there's no record of that order whatsoever. So I checked to see if they had charged my gift card even though the order was canceled. It turns out that there is no way I could find out what transactions had occurred on the gift card. I called the Sears headquarter, the numbers listed on the gift card and even went to the store to talk to the manager. They all told me they couldn't find out what transactions had occurred. The only way to find out was to find a store manager and have him called a number but it would take at least 48 hours.

I am so mad and you are talking about hours spent on the phone and driving to the store dealing with this issue.

• Cl
      21st of Jan, 2009

Bought a Kenmore Washer at Sears Roebuck & Co. Of course I thought Sears sold quality products. Before the first year, repair service had to be called in. Basket out of Round new basket required. This machine noises were a bit loud but as the year progressed it started to wheeze then whistle then clink changing gears. Called in repair new clutch, gasket, gearcase, support was needed. There sure were alot of parts going out then in, oh but I had purchased the MASTER protection plan when I bought the machine. Of course the machine had greased up some of the clothes before the repair. Should I get a refund on the machine to pay for my ruin clothes.

The machine started its wheezing and whistling and clinking last month Dec 2008 called in the repair service, oh thank god I bought another year of MASTER protection.

When the repair man showed up oh I remember you now from past repairs, just what I want to be known for. Guess which part, the clutch! Well that fix lasted maybe 7 days. Due to the time of year I decided to wait until the holidays were over, so the repairman is coming in two days almost a month later to the day. Guess they don't have, pay the customer day of pay for all their MASTER protection plan days.

Moral of the story is I will never buy anything from Sears as they have no value in their products.