Sears / false advertising!

United States Review updated:

I ordered a tv online thanksgiving night, item showed in stock and that it would be delivered to the store. 3 days later I get an email that says the item is unavailable. False advertising, they show a great sale price because they never intend on sending you the item. Salesman tried to bait and switch when I went to local store to check same item, 'oh we can't get that one but look at this more expensive tv!
Va

Comments

Rh
  20th of Jan, 2008
On 12/29/07 – my husband and I were in Sears in Boise, Idaho. A nice sales associate named Seth helped us out. Seth mentioned to my husband that there was this great tool combo on sale that weekend only. I gave Seth gift cards to purchase this Craftsman 673 pc tool set and tool storage combo bundle. We took the receipt from the store and called questioning the status of this order a few days later. First I was told due to the holiday rush – it would take a couple of extra days. Then I was told that everything was fine – the entire bundle would be shipped. Next I was told that Seth must have pushed a wrong button because the tools were not on the order – this was offensive because there was 1 Add To Cart button. The next phone call I was told my order was hung up in the credit department, then I finally received my order confirmation. I called the store’s General Manager who assured me he would look into it. Two days later I get a call from Ricky – a manager at Sears stating that he had spoke with his buyer and tools were no longer available and I should call Sears Consumer relations. I called the GM at the store who told me I should review the TERMS OF USE link on the website which was interesting because his associate sold us the merchandise and call Consumer relations. I called consumer relations and spoke with a VERY RUDE supervisor named Gail – who offered to sell me one of the tool sets for $699.00 (apparently they were in stock). This lady actually said to me “you don’t expect us to honor this bundle price – do you?” My answer was yes because it was advertised that way. The associate at the store told us about it. She said that it was an error and “What part of what she said did I not understand”. I asked for a substitute product – and was told no. I do have a documentation of this ad if needed, I can fax it. I have never seen quite a scam like this or have I been spoke to in the manner Gail spoke to me . From the store, to the website, then to consumer relations – I was sold a product, given every answer in the book as to why I didn’t receive the product and spoke to COMPLETELY unacceptable manner... Oh yes and told to read the fine print. No email of error in advertising – just basically too bad.
Ch
  16th of Feb, 2008
I went to Sears and spent an hour picking out a stackable washer and dryer. Anyways, the black dryer that I had picked out had a sign saying $509.99 in front of it. To make a long story short the dryer really cosed $594.99 and they had the wrong sign in front of it for the white version of this dryer. When the manager was informed of the misprint he would not honor the price and was very rude about it and said if he gave me the discount he wouldn't make any money. He also walked away to help another customer I was talking to him. I was going to purchase over $1500 worth of stuff but after this I left the store. I will never again step foot inside a Sears store after the way the Manager talked to me. Sears has lost my business for life and I will tell everybody I know not to shop at Sears. Nobody deserves to be treated rudely and this manager was truly the rudest man I've ever met.
Jw
  19th of Apr, 2009
On 4/11/09 a Sears2Go.com ad came out listing a 1468pc. tool set and storage combo model # CO505 for $494.99. On 4/13/09, the last day of the sale I tried unsuccessfully to buy it for this price. I was told it was an error and the price would not be honored. On 4/14/09 the price on Sears2Go.com was changed to $549.99. I emailed them to see if this was another mistake but got no response. On 4/15/09 I tried again to buy it but they would not deliver on the price. I contacted PriceMatch Sears who said they would not honor the price. On 4/15/09 I received an email from PriceMatch that stated after reviewing my emails they determined a Sears2Go pricing error occurred. They apologized and instructed me to place my order, respond to the email with the confirmation number, and a price adjustment would be made honoring the ad. After placing my order on 4/16/09 and emailing them back I received another email on 4/17/09 stating the order had been cancelled and the offer had been retracted. However, as of 4/18/09 my money has not been returned. They stated pricing errors were rare and unintentional but posting 5 different prices on that web site in one week is not rare and emailing me stating I could buy it at this price was not unintentional. They are practicing false advertising and taking my money for a product they do not intend to deliver.
Ca
  21st of Dec, 2011
I too purchased an item on-line and only learned (via the order confirmation email) that it was out of stock after I placed the order. The item never arrived. Weeks later, I received an email blaming the supplier and claiming I should expect a refund. Down w/ sears!

Sears Brands Logo Sears Brands