Sears / many disturbing calls to sell warranty.

United States Review updated:
I bought a leaf blower from sears recently. They asked for my telephone number when I checked out. Stupid me... I gave it to them. One week later the calls started. They want to sell me an extended warranty. I told them nicely that we are on the no call list and that we do not want calls. The callers seem to think it is OK "because we have a relationship with you so the no call list does not apply to you." We have done everything and said everything to get these calls stopped and nothing works. If I could only convince the company that I will NEVER SHOP AT SEARS AGAIN maybe they would take me off their list. We now have to leave out home telephone off the hook to avoid these harassing calls. If you give Sears your telephone number, you will now be as stupid as I am.

Comments

Am
  16th of Apr, 2012
April 16, 2012
I received a call from Sears after the dishwasher required servicing after we had purchased extended warranty.
Then the deception and misleading started. A telephone rep. asked if we wanted to "re-new" our extended warranty and it would cost a little less than the existing warranty. We would even save money if we re-new today aka (The Hook). What he failed to explain is that I was billed now twice. Once for the old agreement and now for the so-called new agreement. I am now paying twice for the same warranty for two appliances, one is a dishwasher. I was paying about 35.00 per month for extended warranty of two appliances and now I am paying an additional 25.00 for the same two appliances for a total of about 60.00 per month. And this is legal???? Is this not what class action suits are made of? I trusted Sears for years. No longer.
Stay away and run the other way. Get everything in writing, ask for a copy of the agreement...Sears, you are not what you used to be...
You have lost my trust and confidence in your name and your brands...You are misleading your customers with aggressive marketing tactics ...

Sears Brands Logo Sears Brands