Sears / they really don't like to give the 2 years equal payments with no interest
Sears Canada. Wanted to purchase a top of the line carrier gas furnace and air conditioner and finance it with 2 years no interest. Needed 10,000 limit, sears gave me 3,000.
I was told the reason I was not approved for the full amount was because my credit cards had high balances. I immediately paid off all my credit cards to zero.
They still refused to increase my Sears card from 3000. They told me they couldn’t tell me why, only that it’s something on my bureau. My bureau could not have changed since their first inquiry. I am not a credit seeker.
I was told by Stephanie who answered my call (after she spoke to her boss) that it didn’t matter what I did, they would never ever increase my limit to more than 3000. That was the wrong thing to say.
I said thank you, please close the account.
I hate wasting my time after following their instructions. I know the credit bureau would not see the cards paid until they have a new report, I brought this up at the beginning and was assured that as long as the cards were paid off (I did pay them off,) there would be nooo problem approving me for the full amount. Now I have lost money in another investment to pay off my balances, and had a useless credit check against my bureau for absolutely no reason. Sears has already arranged with the gas company already to bring in a line to my house (I’m on oil right now,) I will have to make arrangements with them to cancel the arrangement.
I have told my salesperson at Sears to cancel my order with them. I should have gone to home depot.
Thanks for listening, I hope someone reads this and learns something from it. On a sad note, the salesperson was actually very professional. He was nice and understanding. I’m sorry he won’t get the sale. In the future I hope Sears provides more information to their salesreps about qualifying a customer for financing before wasting the customer’s time.
The unusual thing is, my credit is not bad, I can afford the product, I have a great repayment history. I will probably get the money from the bank and go elsewhere or put it on one of my now empty credit cards. I guess they really don’t like to give the 2 years equal payments with no interest.
Still living with my crappy heat and a/c,
More Sears Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Sears - customer service department 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product! 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company! 
- [Resolved] Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery 
- [Resolved] Sears Kenmore Elite Oasis Washing Machine - F1 error 
- Sears Home Warranty - samsung washing machine
- Sears Brands - drill drive
- Sears Kenmore Elite - model # 795.74025.412
- Sears Brands - refrigerator issues, not wanting to replace it
- Sears Parts Direct - I am complaining about return and overall service