Sears / poor customer delivery service

Sears has scheduled delivery for 5/19, with a notation of our need to have prior to 3:00 PM. Call on 5/18 evening confirmed arrival at 2:00 PM. We cancelled and re-scheduled at 2:45 when a call to Sears told us that delivery would be about 3:30 - no apology for time change. Re-scheduled for 5/20 afternoon, with call to us during evening of 5/19 to verify. Attended event, so cell off that evening. When turned on next morning, no call, so contacted Sears to find out time. Told then that no one authorized the delivery, so was scheduled for 5/21 AM. After lengthy altercation with scheduler, was offered $50 for "inconvenience". Delivery man arrived on time 5/21 AM, but with wrong pedestals for washer and dryer. Now the nightmare really begins. Have talked with three different phone centers, none of whom supposedly are authorized to help me get the right parts. I must call the store where I purchased the appliance for them to correct. Have called the store three times, and each time the auto-attendant system has told me that the main office is busy and has cut me off. Can anyone help, or is the just how Sears does customer service?

Comments

• Se
      18th of Feb, 2011

Sears customer service is outrageous. They have outsourced it to the Phillipines and they just plain lie to you with no knowledge. They will go the way of Wards very soon, do not buy from Sears. The guarantee is worthless.