Sears Appliance Repair / fraudulent warranty
Warning: scam re sears warranty period for appliance repair. Sears offers a 1 year warranty on an appliance repair if you pay up front when you call for service. I called on 10/19/2009 and paid with a credit card. The repair was made approximately 4 weeks later and the repairman told me the warranty started from the day I set up the appointment rather than the day he installed a part and repaired the dishwasher. A letter to sears executive offices resulted in a voice message on my phone that said the warranty started the day I called and paid for service. I was not informed of this policy when I agreed to this program and they still have not answered my question regarding what exactly are they "warrantying" prior to the repair being made.
More Sears Appliance Repair Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Sears - customer service department 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product! 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company! 
- Sears Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator - Dept of energy agreement does not compensate me properly 
- [Resolved] Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery 
- Sears Home Warranty - Refrigerator Ice machine repair complaint - not yet done from past 5 months.
- Sears Brands - kenmore elite refrigerator model 795.72373.310
- Sears - wrong product
- Sears Brands - sears repair
- Sears Brands - refrigerator