Sam's Club / tire & battery service

1 York, PA, United States Review updated:

This is the second time this has happened at Sam's. The first was about a year ago. When leaving work, my car battery was completely dead. I called AAA and got a jump start. Went to Sam's at 5:30 p.m. and turned the car off to go in to the store. I was told that there was no way they could put a new battery in my car. They were working on a car now, both of the two employees were going to lunch from 6-6:30 and then they had to work on another car and leave at 7. My car wouldn't start again so I was stuck there. My husband came in and we bought a battery from Sams, went to Walmart to get tools to change the battery and changed the battery ourselves in the Sam's parking lot during a snow storm. After complaining to the store manager that they couldn't take 5 minutes to change my battery, I was told that OSHA laws require that there always be 2 employees in the garage area. That's fine, but why do they take lunch 1/2 hour before they close? I deal with the public with my job and this attitude would not be tolerated. I guess Sam's Club just doesn't care about customer service.

Bb

Comments

• Si
      30th of Oct, 2010

Did you ever consider the possibility that the fact that they DO care about customer service may have had something to do with this? That the reason they were taking their lunch break at the end of their shift is that they had so many other members to help that day that they didn't get to take their lunch at a reasonable time and had to work through the day? Probably not, it is all about you apparently.