Sam's Club / poor customer service

1 GA, United States Review updated:

I recently shopped at the local Sam's Club in Rome, Ga. I got stuck behind a guy who had a problem with his credit card. They called over an assistant manager and still could not get the problem solved. They sent the guy over to customer service and I had been waiting in line for 15 minutes and had never even been acknowledged. I had unloaded 2 hours worth of shopping onto the belt and 2 other registers were open with no customers. All employees just stood there and offered no assistance. I walked out and left everything on the belt. No one even said a word. I called to complain and they put me on hold forever...I will cancel my account.

K.C.

Kc

Comments

• Pz
      16th of Feb, 2009

Good for you! I've never found that to be the case at Sams Club, however it's happened to me at other stores. That is definitely poor customer service. A company should have their employees trained to assist in situations like these. Afterall, if it weren't for the customers, they wouldn't be in business.

18th of Mar, 2009

Your posted hours for the Pharmacy are from 9:00 AM etc. It is never open at 9:00 AM. They never get there until 9:05 or 9:10. I will soon have to find another Pharmacy. If they are that lax about being on time their work could also be sloppy. Thanks, Sam Malcuria

The store is on S. Arizona avenue in Chandler, AZ

1st of Jul, 2009

888-746-7726

The customer service for Sam's Club (especially local Pensacola, FL) is really awful - every time you attempt anything such as a simple receipt request or tin# they make you feel like you are asking for an arm and a leg. Trying to reach anyone actually willing (underline willing) to help is worse than pulling teeth. They should all be sent to a customer service training program. The instore management attitudes really stink and the employees who work for them are following their examples. I would not recommend business with this company. Try to contact general customer service outside of the local store and you wind up at a dead-end for at least half an hour unless you call the number I have listed here! Finally after over half an hour you reach a phone number 888-746-7726 and speak to someone who may help if they actually forward the information on. I have been a customer in both the private and the business sectors and in both areas the customer service at the local level was truly abominable.

9th of Feb, 2010

you are crazy for leaving your stuff on the belt!

You wasted two hours shopping and leaving your stuff.

DO you really think sam's club lost a ton of money by you walking out!

Doubtful.

Next time, get your groceries checked out, THEN cancel your membership and never come back!

• Do
      5th of Sep, 2010

Dear [censor],

You sure showed them! Walked out of that store with your head held high! Chances are they don't give a [censor] whether you shop there or not. Quit whining.

Sincerely,

Every customer service associate that has ever lived.