Rooms To Go Kids / furniture quality, delivery problems, bad custmer service
Purchased one of the most expensive bedroom sets at the store, grand total, $3100.00.
First off, sales person was very nice. That is all the good I can say of the experience. Now the bad:
1st delivery: Headboard, which is essential in the bed construction, was damaged before delivery, thus never loaded on the truck. We were told this the night before delivery via a phone call from warehouse. Was told we would have to wait another week until Rooms to Go would make another delivery. i explained that our 2 year old son had no other bed as we sold his crib already in anticipation of delivery. Was told there was nothing that could be done. When truck arrived next day, over half the other pieces were damaged.
1. Computer desk-hutch, cracked and split wood, cork board had multiple chips, and the screws that were used in construction of the furniture were screwed in at incorrect angles, so they pierced through the side of the wood.
2 Dresser: cracked side, multiple chips in the wood, two - 3 inch long scratches.
3. Footboard: Cracked wood, chips in finish.
4. Nightstand: 4 inch long scratch on side.
Called Store, spoke with manager on duty the day of 12/20/2008. Was reluctant to give name, was VERY rude and discourteous. Said there was nothing she could do, we would have to take it up with the warehouse and customer service.
Customer service scheduled another delivery day (1 week later).
Second delivery attempt: This time the delivery guys showed up in a Hertz moving truck. I informed them of the replacement pieces for confirmation that they were on the truck. His response was that we owed a balance of over $1000.00---I informed him that was incorrect as we paid in full. So he never confirmed the furniture on the truck, he just went back out and started cutting open boxes. I informed him that there was a night stand in the house that he needed to take with them after they brought in the replacement - he said he would not take it because it was not on the list and not on the truck. he said take it up with...customer service. As I inspected the furniture that they were literally dropping from the truck, I noticed that again, the headboard was damaged and had to again refuse delivery. Since it is nit RTG policy to leave the furniture until a new piece is delivered, my 2 year old now has to sleep another week on the floor on an air mattress, in our room as his room is littered with partially put together furniture.
We called customer service abut the headboard and the night stand...their response is that the night stand is coming in a second delivery, now from 1-4pm. Our entire Saturday now has to be spent waiting for furniture as the second attempt was a morning delivery, and the night stand (3rd delivery) is an evening slot on the same day. Head board will be delivered a week later...The saga continues...
More Rooms To Go Kids Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Rooms To Go Outlet - bad customer service 
- Ge Online Service / Rooms To Go - saturday payment considered late payment 
- Rooms to Go - thieves/liars/poor customer service
- Rooms to Go - sold me a mattress with bed bugs in it 
- Rooms To Go Kids / Ivy League Bunk Set - appalling quality & customer service
- Rooms to Go - delivery service 
- Rooms to Go - mattress
- Rooms to Go - damaged tv
- Rooms to Go - bed installment
- Rooms to Go - order no. 13131114 delivery and set up and complaint process