Rogers / phone upgrades
I have been a Rogers customer for 10+ years. This incident has been ongoing since November 17th, 2017 where I submitted an upgrade request to Rogers for the new iPhone X.
The phone was on back order by Apple considering the high demand of the product. I was advised that I would HAVE THE DEVICE 11 days after I submitted my request. It is now 42 days later and I still DO NOT HAVE MY DEVICE. I followed up once a week via e-chat and I was blatantly lied to time and time again in regards to my extended delay. The customer service reps did absolutely nothing to compensate me for having to wait longer than they initially advised.
Why would a company advise a specific delay/wait time while knowing that the time they advised was not realistic? I understand that the phone is very popular and that the back order is not on Rogers but Apple. However, the company should be accountable for the guidance they are providing their customers. If I knew back in November that my "Christmas" gift wouldn't arrive, I would not have made my purchase and at this point there is no point in cancelling since I've been waiting for so long. This has effectively ruined the entire holiday seasons because of Rogers not setting expectations correctly. I feel cheated as I was advised that I would receive my device before Christmas.
The customer service reps then acted cold, unapologetic, and honestly couldn't care whatsoever about my delay. I was made to think that it was my fault. I was told that Rogers will do NOTHING to make up for their shortcomings. This is how Rogers treats customers who spending $1300+/year for the last 10+ years. Clearly this company does not care about customer retention or even having any human decency.
More Rogers Complaints & Reviews
- Rogers Wireless - fraud/misleading csr 
- Rogers Wireless - rogers wireless contract transfer 
- Rogers Cable Network - unusual billing charges and poor customer service 
- Rogers - Home Phone Service - disconnect home phone with no authorization! 
- Rogers - free gift offer is a scam! 
- Rogers Communications - service 
- Rogers Communications - tv 
- Rogers Communications - internet increased pricing 
- Rogers Communications - cancellation 
- Rogers Communications - internet