Proflowers.com / Scam charges

I saw an ad on facebook for $19 flowers (for Mother's Day) and I thought that was a great deal. Then, after going through the trouble of finding out when mom would be home and entering all the required info, I see that there are EXTRA charges. These fees are not in other flower delivery orders and I used to order from 1800flowers all the time.

Anyway, I thought I could send the flowers early and the delivery charge would be less, it indicated a $4.99 charge. When the saw the total charges, I was surprised. The $4.99 charge was for 'guaranteed mother's day delivery' and it wasn't even for the day of Mother's day. It would have been more if it was closer to that day. There was also the standard delivery charge of $12.99 and a handling fee of $1.99. Ridiculous!

I usually pay $8.99 or $9.99 for flower delivery, not a guarantee fee and a handling fee added.

This holiday special was clearly a SCAM!

I canceled the order and did not proceed but it truly wasted my time.

Du

Comments

• Bi
      28th of Feb, 2009

Proflowers.com or there agent encore marketing has been making a recurrent monthly charge of $14.95 to my credit card account, apparently starting with my purchase of a Mother's Day flower delivery back in May of 2008. the charges are to a membership to an easy saver rewards club. There was also some kind of one-time charge of $1.95. I did not authorize any such charges and I have demanded that Proflowers.com have my account refunded immediately. They say they can only refund the most 2recent such charges.

I have had the 'WHATS IN YOUR WALLET' people capital one dispute all the charges from that company. . After telling the rep on the phone what I was going to do, along with contacting my state attorney generals office, she put me on hold and came back and told me they would refund the entire amount. My suggestion is tell them you will get all your money back.

12th of May, 2009

I had the exact same problem with them as well.