Proflowers / dead delivery

(BUYER BEWARE!!! DO NOT BUY FROM PROFLOWERS, read what I wrote to them about my recent order)

Hello, first off I want to say thank you for a fast and on time delivery of the flowers that I ordered for mother's day. However, with tax and shipping my total came to $74.52. They arrived completely wilted with hopeless looking petals, from nearly all flowers, that had fallen off in the box. The stems were brown and they looked like they had been bagged for a week. Despite the devastation, I gave it a hopeful try and followed the directions given in the box to make the flowers "come to life"..the next day they were all dead and fallen over touching the table with a huge mess from all that had come off the flowers. I had to toss them out and clean up the mess. I also had to go to a local florist and purchase new flowers for mother's day. I feel that I deserve a refund 100% and out of the many people I have told this to, so do they! I have also been asked to blog about my experience to save others the hardship from ordering from your company and instead ordering from another reputable company that contracts with local florists. That is normally what I do, but due to your flashy advertising in the paper I decided final give it a try. I can not see how a flower company can stay in business when they send out flowers that are supposed to be fresh, in water, nicely put together, but rather arrive in a box, without water, and instructions on how to do it yourself! People can just go to the grocery store for better flowers and service!! Regretfully Yours,
Michelle M.

Comments

• Ca
      25th of May, 2009

I love proflowers. I think all the complaints about them online is a case of the squeaky well getting the oil. I read that they sent almost 8 million bouquet in a three week period for Mother's day. 8 million, its expected that a few arent gonna make it in perfect condition. You probably ordered the cheap

They have great customer service and they stand by their satisfaction guarantee and their SEVEN DAY FRESHNESS GUARANTEE. So you had to call for a replacement bouquet, you got your refund and a free bouquet. Jeez.

Also I dont get why every one is so down on the designer gift box they send there flowers in.

ProFlowers overnights flowers via FedEx because that is the best way to get them to you. They always arrive VERY fresh this way.

Why would you want fresh flowers to be sent to somebody (like a local florist) to be arranged first, then sent to you. That would add a day or two to the process and the flowers wouldn't be fresh anymore and it would jack up the price.

I think their customer service is awesome to. I received flowers that died after 6 days so I called to complain ( they grantee the flowers will last 7 days.) They sent me a free replacement bouquet the very next day. My roses lasted almost 2 weeks.

I also received roses that arrived arranged from a local florist for valentines day, they were dead after two days, do you think the sent me more flowers? Of course not, only Proflowers would do something like that.

Oh, and about the box. Its not some ugly brown box. It IS a designed gift box, with the companies logo in the company colors. The flowers and vase are packaged nicely.

• Ab
      12th of Feb, 2010

I would have to agree with the displeasure here. I have been doing business with PRoFlowers for a few years now, but I think I'm done now.
    When it comes to holiday flower arrangements for my relatives, who reside out of state, they usually do a good job of getting them delivered on time. I have found that the arrangements aren't always fresh. I always track the shipment online, and the majority of the shipments will go out in a quick fashion. Sometimes, they do not make it out in a good amount of time, and you can usually count on something being wrong with the arrangement when that happens.
    Now, when it comes to arrangements I have ordered for my wife; ProFlowers has screwed up every single one of them. I, most recently, for the last time, orded 18 assorted roses with a very nice vase, to be delivered to her work address. I also asked that they be delivered via express, and on the 12th of February (Today), since Valentine's Day is Sunday. (I've got something very special planned for us on Sunday!) She received the flowers at 11:30 AM today, but... Three flowers were dead as a doornail! The Vase was cracked too. So, again, ProFlowers has screwed up. It never fails.
    Folks, if you want to have flowers only, delivered, go ahead, use PRoFlowers. Most likely, they will get there on time, but you may not know if they will be alive. I always suggest tracking the delivery online.
    The SuperBowl 44 Commercial wasn't kidding... Maybe it's time to use Teleflora. I know I may use them next time. I'm done using PRoFlowers.