Pizza Hut / terrible customer service when food was not received

United States, Pennsylvania, Walnutport Review updated:
I am writing in regards to a very disappointing experience my family had with an online order from the Pizza Hut in Walnutport, PA, today 2/24/2018. What was even more upsetting than the actual incident, which was bad enough, was the callous and uncaring manor in which, Shane, the manager, responded to our concerns.
Today was our family video night. Every week we have pizza and watch videos with our 6 children. My husband has many medical issues, and cannot eat pizza, so I always order him something that he can eat, such as pasta. Today we decided to order from Pizza Hut. I ordered 8 various pizzas, 1 order of French fries, and an order of the Tuscany meaty marinara pasta w/ 5 breadsticks. There was a special, so the price of our order was $73.14. The pasta was the only item that my husband would have been able to eat, and unfortunately it was the only item not to be delivered. The price on the receipt that I signed was $63.61, which was different from my order. I asked the delivery driver about it, but he did not know anything about any changes.
I called the Walnutport Pizza Hut to find out why the pasta was not delivered, and also find out why they would not inform me of the change. Had I known that the pasta was not going to come, I could have made other arrangements, rather than having the pizza come, and my husband not have something to eat. When I explained the situation to Shane, he said that he tried calling my phone one time, it went right to voice mail, and he did not leave a message. (My husband is disabled and does not make it to the phone, but we would have heard the voice mail if he left one) When I asked him why he did not leave a message, he stated that he had other thing to do and did not have time. I said that he should have at least left a message, so I could have made other arrangements for my husband. His response was that he couldn't give people "special treatment". I was not asking for special treatment, but it would have been nice to get common courtesy. I do not believe that receiving what you order should be considered special treatment. It should be the standard. I do understand that sometimes things happen, and changes have to be made, but it is the way you do things that matter. I spoke with Shane, and my husband spoke with Shane. He never even apologized for the inconvenience that his actions caused. All he said was that the only thing he could do was not charge us for the pasta that did not come, and there was nothing else he could do. I told him that he did not handle the situation correctly, and I was going to complain to someone higher up in the company. He told me that he had 10 years of experience and that if I contacted anyone else in the company I would get the same response. I truly hope that this is not the case. Customers should not be made to feel like they do not matter, and that is how Shane made us feel today.
I will await your response to this matter. Thank you for your time and help.
Feb 24, 2018

N  25th of Feb, 2018 by
You are not a very loving wife.If your husband's pasta did not arrive why not cook for him. Too lazy I guess.

Pizza Hut Logo Pizza Hut