Papa John's Pizza / terrible experience

On 7/19/08 we ordered pizza online at Papa John's website. The order total was $40.12. I also have an email from Papa John's stating the order total and location of pick-up. Upon arriving for pick-up, my husband was advised that the total was $59 plus change. When my husband questioned why the order total changed, he was told that's what the total is because we had ordered online. My husband advised the employee that he has an email with the proper cost ($40.12) and a local advertisement that also states the same items and pricing info which matched the same items and pricing online. The employee began yelling when my husband said that he wants the price as ordered and my husband asked the rude Papa John's employee for his credit card back. The employee then yelled at him again stating "Thanks, for wasting my time." There were several exchanges of words. My husband left. I called the store owner who said that online prices are from corporate and their system does not accept them. Our problem is, they advertise the prices which were the same on the order, their store window advertises the prices, and their online website also advertises the prices, and even processes orders for the Orland Park location. But whne you arrive to pick up your order, they tell you a different total! They cannot meet the advertised price according to their employees, they say online ordering is a corporate thing. We have the email and all of the information indicating what we were supposed to pay. The rude employee certainly had no reason to yell or to act as though they don't care. It certainly was a horrible and unnecessary experience. They should not be able to conduct business this way.

Vi

Comments

• Sc
      5th of Aug, 2009

i ordered from papa john's at 610-631-2300. not only was one of the toppings not there but it took them an hour to get here. totally unacceptable!!!

• Du
      26th of Jul, 2014

Since April, Papa John's pizza has cut the ingredients on each pizza by over 50%. Cost cutting measure means that customers often receive bare pizzas with sparse ingredients.