Orbitz / exchange and refund

1 United States

On June 1 2018 I called to use the travel insurance to change my flight and hotel to July. It took this customer service guy over an hour and it was a mess. On July 8 I'm at the airport and United tells me they are NOT going to let me on the plane becuase Orbitz did not pay them. It was a business trip so it was a problem!! I called Orbitz and there was NOTHING they could do. I called a week later to get a refund and was told their system was down and to call back tomorrow. I have called 3 times today and so far I've been on hold for a total of 2 hours. The reason I have time to file this complaint is because I'm still on hold!! I paid a total of 1, 061.11 and have been refunded 386.91. So I'm owed 674.11. I have even sent them the screen shots of my credit card statement because I use it for business travel. So they said they would refund me 197.00, which leaves me holding the bag for 477.11. I've been on hold for so long my phone has finally died. Wish me luck! Never using Orbitz again.

• Updated by Sharon Snyder 36, Aug 06, 2018

Horrible scam like the other lady said. I've spent 3 hours and I keep getting put on hold.

Sh