Complaints & Reviews

airline tickets

03/10/20

Dear Orbitz.
This is the second time I have filed a complaint. The first one has gone without a response.

I am one of four couples who have spent a year planning a trip for a special celebration. Orbitz has made our planning anything but special. We all booked airline tickets from Buffalo, NY to St. Croix from March 21 until March 31, 2020. Currently, we are still all scheduled to be on the same flight on the way to St. Croix. However, returning to Buffalo on 3/31 has been changed on several occasions and currently, the 4 couples are on 3 different flights which is causing a lot of unnecessary stress.

Originally, we booked our flights on 10/15/19. We were all scheduled to return home to Buffalo starting with Jet Blue Flight #5525 departing St. Croix at 12:05pm to San Juan. Then depart San Juan on Jet Blue Flight #1034 at 1:00pm and arriving in Orlando at 4:15 pm. Then depart Orlando at 7:13 via Jet Blue flight #1586 and arrive in Buffalo at 9:57pm.

I am Kirk Fitscher. My wife Theresa. Our other party members include Bruce & Kathleen Earsing, Michael and Susan Kubik, Michael and Susan Galbraith. Now returning home, we are all on different flights.

Earsing's depart St. Croix via Jet Blue flight B65916 at 8:35 am arrive San Juan 9:17. Depart San Juan on Jet Blue at 2:03pm and arrive Boston Mass at 6:17 pm. Depart Boston on Jet Blue flight B61615 at 7:46pm and arrive 9:20pm.

Fitscher's have a confirmation #[protected] departing St. Croix via Jet Blue flight 5525 at 12:50pm and arrive San Juan at 1:30pm. Depart San Juan via Jet Blue flight 1654 at 3:55pm and arrive Fort Lauderdale at 6:43pm. Depart Fort Lauderdale via flight 2466 at 8:55pm arrive Buffalo 11:58pm.

Kubik's have a confirmation #[protected] saying they are departing St. Croix via Jet Blue flight 5914 at 12:25pm and arriving San Juan at 1:07pm. Kubik's then depart San Juan via Jet Blue flight 462 at 2:03pm and arriving in Boston Mass at 6:17pm. Then departing Boston via Jet Blue 1615 at 7:46pm and arriving Buffalo at 9:20pm.

Galbraith's do have the exact same flights as the Fitscher's. So at least 2 of the 4 parties are together.

The biggest problem is the Earsing's having to depart about 4 hours earlier than anyone else. We rented a house which means they must take a 1-hour taxi ride to the airport instead of riding with all the rest of us.
The idea of this trip was to celebrate all together. This was scheduled together all along. Instead, Orbitz changed our return trip which we've all tried explaining individually but the agents didn't want to hear our explanation even though we are all headed to the same destination. Instead, they have spread us out on 3 different return flights heading to 2 different destinations along the way home.

Please fix this.

Respectfully,
Kirk D. Fitscher
[protected]@ellicottdevelopment.com

cc: Letitia James; NYS attorney general

rip off

I recently tried to setup airfare for my spouse and myself on ORBITZ . When we got to point of finalizing the transaction the original price of the airfare went from $ 772. to $ 1797. I went to JetBlue's website who was the airline that ORBITZ was quoting and got the same flights that ORBITZ was quoting for
$628. $ 144 dollars cheaper than their first quote. NEVER AGAIN will I use ORBITZ! ORBITZ website is constantly prompting that you had better grab the deal because the price could go up . They were right!

booking

Dear respected

My name is Taher

I reserved 3 tickets for my family like I always do using your website .

on 4th of august at Etihad airways from Auckland New Zealand to Cairo Egypt .
The itinerary no is [protected].

The flight supposed to be today 8th of December.

When we tried to check in we surprised that we need a visa transit because the flight was through Sydney Australia although they will just stay for few hours .

I had to loose these tickets and I reserved a new one way to Cairo for them for 2500 dollars through your website too because I respect dealing with your site .
The new itinerary no is [protected], two tickets for my wife and daughter .

This time is through emirates.

Shouldn't any information passed to me telling me that the tickets need this type of visa.. any kind of warning attached to the advertised ticket, or it is just matter of selling tickets?

I am really disappointed and lost a lot of money in a mistake doesn't concern me.

Please, the airline refused the checkin for this reason which is not informed to me by any way.

I am trying to apply for the transit visa for their way back travel.

Advise me what you should do to me, I am expecting your reply with something related to your company values

Regards

sit tickets

Don't trust this scam site
Reserved ticket They charged my card and sent e mail confirmation
Confirmed taking off work for two weeks
Travelled from my city to airport city
Then at counter they said nothing reserved for you . Showed them the eticket ...does not exist .
Called orbitiz and looks like their called forwarded to Philippine hardly u can understand their accent . They dono nothing put me on hold for longest time then forward to another person then they say
Sorry no ticket was issued we will refund ur money
And now I see other complains that they don't redound
It's scam. Don't trust it

refund was not done

I have booked Superior Double Room, Ocean View at Cannes Luxury Yacht, Cannes - May 16, 2019 for Total: €2, 700.00 ($3, 034.05) /The day I arrived Orbitz informed that yacht was not available and I cancelled my booking. Orbitz suposed to refund me full amount since it was their fault but I never got refunded. After some time they sent email that this was a fraudulent booking and I have to cancel my credit card. I did what they instructed. I was patient and understanding but since May 16, almost more than 5 months they did not refund.
Please advise how can I file a complain?

suncountry airlines

We booked a flight through orbitz on Sun Country and just wanted too update Orbitz so others do not go through our experience We arrived for our flight 2 hours prior and waited in line for over an hour, when we got to the agent, she told us it was too late to check our bags, 45 minutes was the cut off and we were two minutes over, due to the long line, airport Employees tried repeatedly to get Sun Country to open up more lines.
Never once was our flight called out in an attempt to expedite us and others who this happened to through the line. So she told us you can either throw your bags away( people do it all the time according to her) or come back the next day and fly standby with no guarantee of getting on, the manager was no help either and was very rude.. We found another flight threw Suncountry with 4 open seats that would have gotten us close enough to our destination but were told we would have to pay full price. We ended up flying Delta. The agents were the best! My husband and I fly frequently and have never had a worse experience. The agents were rude and seemed to hate their jobs . I sincerely hope no one has to go through this awful experience Think twice before flying Sun Country

hotel booking

I have booked with orbitz two itin no [protected] and [protected] ) for $ 578.43 and $379.72 respectively.
My bookings is subject to price guarantee .
Prices went down dramatically and i filed many claims with orbitz with. Proof from reliable and well know agencies .but they denied all claims while some lower price screen shots from their own web site and they said that they cant valiate the lower price .
Pls help
Hazem Alomari
Email : [protected]@hotmail.com
Mob no +[protected]

• Sh
    ⇝shift Aug 03, 2019

I found that some customer service agents are more difficult. It is indeed annoying as by rejecting the claim what does that mean... we are cheats? lol
    following up on a rejected claim will not work. Just do a fresh set of screenshots and do a new claim (maybe wait for 12 hours from the original claim to make sure you do not get the same CS agent)

service

I don't have time or energy to write a book about "Orbitz", and the terrible techniques used to leave people on hold, pretend that line was cut off, keep referring you to another person, and not give you what you are entitled to !

I'm asking you to REFUND ME $300.00 for the "Pain" and money lost caused by your folks ! If I don't hear from you I will continue to send my story to Better Business Bureau, all the sites that will allow me to post about "Orbitz treatment", etc., etc. I have already told family and friends about you, and it's just shameful. I have read the reviews on-line, and it's not pretty ...it's sad.

The first incident was back in March 2019. Our daughter and son-in-law, Jill and Mitch Wright, had Orbitz make reservation at Best Western Plus Hotel in Leeds, AL (Mar 8-10). They had confirmation #, but when they called to reconfirm the night before, the reservation was not there . . . . they were on the phone for about 1 1/2 hours ...and didn't get support from Orbitz. . . the hotel finally gave them a room.

We also had a reservation for same two nights, Itinerary # [protected]. When we called to reconfirm we were told there was NO reservation. We were on the phone for some 2 hours, transferred to many different people. There was a "yelling" match . . . and Orbitz finally got us another hotel but of course more expensive. We are senior citizens (74 and 75) -- and the sad thing was our hotel was about 15-20 miles from the hotel of our daughter/son-in-law/grandson. We were in town for our grandson's FIRST karate tournament ! and had one car ! Can't tell you how "P_ _ _ _ _ " off we all were ! Orbitz gave us two coupons to use, one being $100 and the other $200 - for our "trouble".

Well, without going into detail, I finally hung up with Orbitz yesterday after being on the phone almost two hours, being put on hold several times, disconnected once, and explanations as to why they could not honor the coupons ! First, could not use for flights. Then wanted me to "bundle" a package for flight/hotel/car...but could only use one coupon at a time. Then I tried using them for just hotel, and was told could only use one . . . and the hotel I wanted was way more expensive than what I could get it for. We have a trip planned for NY 19 - 29 Jul. . . but your folks just made my day a rotten one yesterday. It has taken me 24 hours to adjust. I NEVER WANT TO DO BUSINESS WITH ORBITZ AGAIN - I JUST WANT MY MONEY ! HERE IS COUPON INFO:

JOHN / GERRIE BACHELLER - ORB-GOODWILL 200-UPC-ITINERARY, Good until 4/30/2020

ORB-GOODWILL 100-UPC-ITINERARY, Good until 4/30/2020

My address: 109 Van Gogh Drive, Blowing Rock, NC 28605

Just send the money . . . I do have a new lawyer so I will give this to him based on your reply. I mean business ! I'm not going away.

Tracy of Delta, CO Verified Reviewer
Original review: July 9, 2019
We booked a hotel through Orbitz a couple of weeks in advance of a trip. We arrived at the hotel tonight only to find that the hotel is closed and has been for a while. I will never use Orbitz again. It is absolutely terrible that Orbitz would sell and reserve us a hotel room for a hotel without even confirming that the hotel is open for business. Makes me wonder if all hotel bookings on Orbitz are fraudulent. Don't ever book a hotel through Orbitz. They are not to be trusted.
C. of Saluda, NC Verified Reviewer
Original review: July 2, 2019
Pathetic. Rip off. Go directly through the hotel or airline or use someone else. Orbitz is a well known name, but just another scamming company willing to rip you off and not work with you at all. This was the worst booking experience I've EVER had.
Barb of Lincoln, NE Verified Reviewer
Original review: July 2, 2019
We booked two mountain view hotel rooms through Orbitz in June, 2019 paying an extra $10 for each. When we arrived we received two rooms without mountain views. The hotel said none were available and to speak to Orbitz for a refund. I have called twice now since returning home to hear there will be no refund. They have kept me on hold a long time with both calls. My request for a $60 refund was denied for no reason. We will never use Orbitz again.
marjorie of Alexandria, VA Verified Reviewer
Original review: July 1, 2019
On the phone, on hold mostly from 11AM-10:15PM, trying to get another flight or a full refund since they booked my connecting flight too close together and I missed my flight. I got a package deal and they never secured my seats. When I called the airline direct, they told me I wasn't gong to make the connection and the Orbitz didn't get me a seat. Orbitz then said I could leave this morning and I pleaded to extend my return so I wouldn't be across the world for 2 days. I said I'd still go if they couldn't fully refund me. Hours later, being on hold, while he checked and called around, he says he couldn't refund my return.
H. A. of Ewa Beach, HI Verified Reviewer
Original review: June 26, 2019
This is my first time using Orbitz to purchase airline ticket, and sadly I had a very bad experience and wasted a lot of my time waiting on their phone line addressing the issue. I wanted to book a flight on Hawaiian airline flying from Honolulu to Singapore for me & 2 kids, I had called Orbitz before booking with them, because I like to confirm 2 things -
Heather of Kingsport, TN Verified Reviewer
Original review: June 24, 2019
Orbitz apparently works with a rental company called ZEZGO. Do NOT book Anything with them. They are out to scam consumers and will falsify information and then place fraudulent charges on your card. They are a Complete Nightmare!!! Go to the ZEZGO website and read how terrible their reviews are and you'll understand they are a corrupt business and Orbitz should NOT use this company as it make Orbitz seem just as bad!
Jami of Spokane, WA Verified Reviewer
Original review: June 19, 2019
Twice I have pushed buy on a ticket and the price changed to a higher price. One time I caught it and the other time I did not. My daughter was ill and in a foreign country. I found a ticket for $948 to get her home quickly. I pushed buy and put in the information. I was charged $1450. When I called they said that they would do nothing. I ultimately spoke with a corporate manager by the name of Cory and he belittled me and made me feel even worse than when I had called in. I have used Orbitz for all of our travel needs in the past. I use to love using Orbitz. NO MORE! I see why they have a 1 star rating. What a horrible company.
Dmitri of San Jose, CA Verified Reviewer
Original review: June 18, 2019
Not recommend to no one, support team is not responsive, not working with customers! Call support never pickup the phone, front desk never pickup the phone etc etc, tried to change reservation, nothing, not helped..
K. S. of Huntersville, NC Verified Reviewer
Original review: June 16, 2019
Wasted over 1hr 30 on the phone w/ untrained consumer service. I requested a supervisor who wanted to charge over $200 to rebooked a flight the same day. This was ENTIRELY the fault of Orbitz who someone from corporate named Amy boldface lied & blamed on American Airlines saying the flight was cancelled due to maintenance & they aren't booking w/out over $200 charge. However, it was verified it was due to overbooking. The 2nd flight that was cancelled for maintenance which we were not liable for at all. I contacted American Airlines & they w/out hesitation got a flight scheduled. No fee.

HELPFUL 5 people found this review helpful
Rated with 2 stars
N of Columbus, IN Verified Reviewer
Original review: June 6, 2019
Hotel room cost $188.00 per night through Orbitz. It only cost $150.00 per night at hotel. I've always used Orbitz and was happy. I will try to book directly with hotel from now on. Also, hotel was overpriced. Did not meet the standard that I expected.
Jasmine of Oswego, IL Verified Reviewer
Original review: June 5, 2019
I have been a consumer of Orbitz for years. I have booked numerous flights for myself, family and friends and while creating them their own profiles. My family used to tell me I should be a spokesman for Orbitz travel site because I am always on their app searching for the best deals. June 1, 2019 my experience with Orbitz has completely removed my interest in the company. To summarize, I booked a flight for American Airlines Chicago-Vegas as a cute girls trip. I recently had a baby so I was so excited to get away for a weekend and relax and have some girl time. I was able to secure a decently priced flight since I purchased close to my departure date.
HELPFUL 7 people found this review helpful
Danita of Orlando, FL Verified Reviewer
Original review: May 31, 2019
I booked a car rental on Thursday with Orbitz to be picked up on Tuesday at the Orlando international Airport. I paid for the insurance and they had my driver's license information. Since it was Memorial Day weekend I called first thing Tuesday morning and spoke with Orbitz and Alamo to confirm everything was good and that all I needed to pay was the $136 when I arrived. When I showed up to get my car I handed the attendant my driver's license and debit/credit card from SunTrust. The attendant basically threw my cards back at me and said, "We can't rent to you. You're a Florida resident". I asked him to explain why and he said it doesn't matter he couldn't help me and called for the next person in line. I then called Orbitz and said what had just happened and the response I got from Orbitz was, "Oh yeah that's right." I asked, "Why did you take the booking then if you knew that they wouldn't be able to rent the car."
Nandini of Irving, TX Verified Reviewer
Original review: May 25, 2019
I had booked a flight from Dallas -> Miami -> London -> Bengaluru. The flight was leaving from Dallas on 5/24. I checked in on 5/23. I was at the airport on 5/24 but I was not allowed to board because I did not have a stamp on my VISA. I had all valid documentation and was going to India to get the stamp. So I missed all the legs of my flights. I called Orbitz my booking company. They called British Airways. Net net:
Saleem of Lilburn, GA Verified Reviewer
Original review: May 23, 2019
Lack of service. No responsibility. No experience when it come to service. The agent don't even put supervisors on phone. They were polite and courteous before booking. I promise not to use your service in future.
Stacey of Ramsey, MN Verified Reviewer
Original review: May 19, 2019
There was a mistake from day 1 and it took me several phone calls, and several hours to try to get it corrected. It never was corrected and to be honest we went to the airport to come home, not knowing we even had a ticket to come home! Sun Country had to look into it and do some changing. Never will I use Orbitz again.
Alex of Sagebrush Ct, ON Verified Reviewer Verified Buyer
Original review: May 18, 2019
I have been using Orbitz for many times and for different things like hotels flights and cars. Recently I booked a car on your website. Itinerary number **. I had a few questions regarding my booking. So I called Orbitz. I am sure you can check record. My questions was about how to use your app to book cars and additional coverage. All I needed was just simple answers. When I called immediately customer rep was rude and blamed me for taking up his time. Then he refused to explain and hang up.
Rick of Kent, WA Verified Reviewer
Original review: May 16, 2019
Checking rates for a hotel, I was led into a multi-level bait and switch operation. They quoted rates and then refused to let me use them. They offered coupon codes but no place to enter them. They promised no credit card required, and of course they required cc prepayment. They overcharged on Travel Insurance. Customer Care lied to me. And their Travel Insurance basically guaranteed you the room you just paid for...so they take your money for a so-called discount price and you have to pay extra to be certain they didn't rip you off. That's chutzpah!
Jessica of Edmonton, AB Verified Reviewer
Original review: May 15, 2019
I had an airline credit to be used before July, 2019. I had two phone conversations and an email confirming the same. I booked a flight to London, UK on May 4. I received an email travel document. I also received a second email stating the flight details were below - with no details below. I called twice and sent two more emails to confirm my flight. A grand total of 12 HOURS were spent on hold/talking to people/getting referred to supervisors ~ only to find out they had never issued the ticket, and wanted to argue with me AGAIN over my flight credit, despite having email documentation FROM THEM for the credit, and the newly booked flight.
Moe of Mission Viejo, CA Verified Reviewer
Original review: May 14, 2019
When buying "cancellation" insurance, know that if you buy a package that has differing airlines; one for departure and one for return and the departure airline cancels their flight, you will have no recourse for the money you'll be out upon the forced cancellation of your returning flight. Follow this: bought a package from Orbitz that included a departure flight with American and a return with Delta. American ended up canceling our departing flight due to weather. In turn we had to cancel our returning flight with Delta - never got to our destination. American did refund us our tickets, but Delta did not. I had bought "cancellation" insurance only to find out this cancellation reason is NOT covered. So, beware of this "fine" print. Orbitz didn't exactly spell this out when they suggested I buy cancellation insurance.
HELPFUL 5 people found this review helpful
Brian of American Fork, UT Verified Reviewer
Original review: May 12, 2019
I purchased last week RT tickets from Orbitz. I was sent a confirmation email soon thereafter. A few days later I took my departure flight, while at the hotel the night before I was to return I checked the same email and noticed there was not a return flight attached. I checked my trash and spam and found no notice for my return flight. I tried calling Orbitz and waited for over 30 minutes. No one would answer the phone!! After checking my email and calling the airline I departed with, they — Jet Blue, knew nothing about my return flight. So, I booked a return flight home costing me an additional $67.
David of Butte, MT Verified Reviewer
Original review: May 11, 2019
Booked a flight it was to be on Delta, received the email details 28 hrs later half the flight on Delta and the other half on United. By the way you have to cancel in 24 hrs. They admitted there was a computer glitch. Was on the phone 4 hrs, with their people. To correct the error was going to cost them. In the end they would not help!
Jessica of Allen, TX Verified Reviewer
Original review: May 8, 2019
I booked a package for three people to go to Vegas for three nights with flight and hotel. I thought well just in case I got the Insurance Protection Plan. Little did I know a couple weeks later I found out I was pregnant. I called Orbitz to cancel the package and was told that that the insurance did not cover the flights and that they were non-refundable. I got a credit on the flights to Vegas, however, I would have to pay a $60 rebooking fee PER ticket. The flights coming back would be refunded if I could give a certificate from my doctor that I was not able to fly. I will never use the company again! What was the point of paying for the insurance if it did not do anything?! The hotel I could cancel at any time without the insurance.
Shelly of East Longmeadow, MA Verified Reviewer
Original review: May 8, 2019
I had to cancel a trip due to illness in September. I had purchased trip insurance and called to make sure I could use the airfare credit at a later date. I was told on the phone that I had one year to use the credit but when I tried to claim the credit for a future trip the following September I was told it was only good for a year from the date of purchase!!! I should have been told this when I cancelled the trip but I was ASSURED it was good for a year from the date of trip. I will never go through them again.
Gina of Azle, TX Verified Reviewer
Original review: May 3, 2019
Very bad experience. Due to my husband deployment we had to cancel/postpone his fly ticket. You will think that paying extra for Orbitz and having a protection/cancelation plan, you will have more flexibility but in reality is not like that. They will never refund your money and also they will charge you extra when you will use the credit points or for any additional transaction. In our case, the British Airlines contacted them, asking for a military clause and the Orbitz refused any cooperation or collaboration with them. So, when my husband got back from the deployment, after 6 months, we've tried to use the voucher to reschedule the trip.
Diane of New York, NY Verified Reviewer
Original review: April 22, 2019
I purchased the Flight Protection Cancellation Plan for a r/t flight through Orbitz and had to cancel for medical reasons. At that time I received a credit voucher of only $181.20 for a trip that cost $365.51! How did they arrive at that number? But it gets worse - the reps said I would have to pay a $200 rebooking fee to cash in the voucher on another trip. Pay an additional $200 to access $181.20?? I'm so angry that I paid for a trip I couldn't take, with a "Travel Protection Cancellation Plan" that does not pay out when you do, in fact, cancel a flight with a covered condition as clearly stated in the terms of the policy. There were no caveats or cautions explained on the website when I booked the flight, and the least they can do is reimburse me for the damn $26 premium I paid for "travel insurance". This is a swindle and I will not be fooled again.
HELPFUL 6 people found this review helpful
Not sure about Orbitz?
Take our two minute quiz to find the right Travel Sites for you.
Zip Code
GET MATCHED NOW
Orbitz expert review by ConsumerAffairs
Orbitz is an online travel website owned by Expedia Inc. It was founded in 2001 and acquired by Expedia in 2015.
Rewards: Orbitz rewards travelers with points they can exchange for discounts.
Vacation packages: Travelers can save money by choosing vacation packages instead of buying services individually.
Activities: Orbitz can help tourists find activities and events in their destination cities.
Mobile apps: Mobile users gain access to exclusive deals.
Scratchpad: The website's Scratchpad feature helps travelers keep track of offers that interest them.
Best for: Budget, domestic and international travelers.
Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairsResearch Team

July 7, 2019
I have tried to book a car with Orbitz and NU car rental company from Timisoara, Romania for the past 4 days. I have continued to go online, select the car and dates I needed, and I would get the same two vans showing up as AVAILABLE each time I tried. I would continue to input credit card information and press "reserve", after which I would get an error message saying the booking could not be completed. After seeing this for 2 days, (trying multiple times each day), I called Orbitz. The first customer service representative tried on his end, and got the exact same error message. He then placed me on a lengthy hold and told me that it was NU Car rental company's website that was down, that was the problem. He told me to call them directly and basically to deal with it that way, and to try booking again in one hour.

I waited, tried again in one hour, same message. Two hours, same message. 12 HOURS later, same message. I called Orbitz AGAIN and explained the situation AGAIN. This customer service lady I spoke to this time could not even find the car that I wanted, and insisted by telling me it's unavailable when I could still see it on my screen. I explained that the agent had found it the night before and that he told me "no one can book because their website is down", so I asked her "how did they become unavailable if no one can book them?" She proceeded to repeat herself that sometimes it takes a long time to update on my end, and I asked to speak to a supervisor. She put me on another hold, and then the line disconnected.

I called back and explained the situation to ANOTHER customer service rep. He proceeded to insist that HE try looking for the vehicle and to try booking before letting me speak to a supervisor. After 40 MINUTES of being on speaking/holding patterns with this agent, who tried to book and got the same error message, then tried for 15 minutes to contact NU Car Rentals and got no response, this agent finally put me on another hold for the supervisor.

The supervisor could not resolve my issues, and I ended up hanging up to book through EuroCars.

I am EXTREMELY disappointed in the service I have received from Orbitz. I cannot believe that they would advertise companies they do not trust, and would work with companies who do not even have functioning websites. Moreover, I could not believe that it seemed like I had an easier time finding car options online than their own customer service agents did. It seemed bizarre to me that I could see the two vans available for our trip, and that the 2nd agent told me nothing is available when agents 1 & 3 could also see the vans requested.

Safe to say, I have lost my trust in Orbitz as being a reliable rental company, and because of this experience, I will not be booking anything through Orbitz ever again.

hotel

The property on 10th street my boyfriend and I stayed at was overall "ok" rating, we were not pleased and the service was not good for the money we payed. Upon arrival to the property we seen someone checking peoples cars but couldn't speak English to tell us where more parking was. In the parking lot everything close together and no easy directions as people kept going the wrong way, no one to direct traffic. When we arrived 2 people were mopping the floor while 1 lady was checking in a group that had 5 rooms. No one greeted us upon arrival or anytime we walked through the lobby. After waiting awhile finally 1 of the kippers came to check us in. The guy almost forgot to give us the parking ticket luckily I remembered and we had to ask about additional parking. The pool is small, the elevator was slow, 1 broke down. The ice machine took 3 of us! The box springs was old, the comforter had lint balls everywhere and was old, things were broken and old in the bathroom, the 6th floor(being above everyone) side view balcony and the mattresses (surprisingly comfortable) were the only good things and being so close to the beach

canceled flight with no recourse

After much research and consultations, I decided to book flights to Sweden through Orbitz. I booked the flights in October 2018 for travel in June 2019. The reservation included a flight from Salt Lake City to Chicago O'Hare on American Airlines and then a flight from Chicago to Stockholm Sweden. We drove to the airport the night before to check in and confirm everything. After everything was confirmed and we were put at ease, about 10PM that night, just as we were going to bed, I received a text that our flight on American from SLC to Chicago had been canceled. We called American Airlines as the text requested and were on hold for over an hour when we decided to drive back to the airport to see what they could do about getting us on another flight. We spent over an hour talking with the gate agent while she was trying to get us on another flight. She repeatedly told us that since we had booked through Orbitz, she could only do so much for us. She kept saying she would never book through a service such as Orbitz. Ultimately, her solution was to get us on another flight later the next day with two layovers going through London and arriving in Stockholm two days later. We had booked so far in advance and paid extra to upgrade our seats on SAS. In addition, we had activities the first two days in Stockholm that were paid for which we would be missing. About ½ hour before midnight, the agent told us maybe we should run over to another airline to see if they could help. We didn't realize we could possibly do something in person that she could not do for us on the telephone. We ran over to the Delta terminal and asked if there were any flights the next day that would get us into Chicago in time for our SAS flight to Stockholm. She said they could get us on a flight the next morning for $708.30 each. We were desperate and felt we had no other options to make it to Chicago on time so we purchased the tickets. We went back to the American Airlines counter to see why they couldn't have made the same arrangements for us and make sure we were not taken off our flight on SAS since we would not be arriving on American under our original booking. The agent told us again it was because we went through Orbitz.

I have sent a complaint to Orbitz but have received no response. I will never use Orbitz again!

orbitz & emirates airlines not refunding for ticket booked on emirates airlines due to death in family

I had booked a ticket for my wife to travel in may 2019 to India, unfortunately my mother passed away in April 2019 and i called in to orbits to advance her travel and include two more tickets for me and my son as we had to carry the cremated remains to India.

Orbitz customer care suggested I cancel her ticket and book three new tickets as her ticket is entitled for full refund due to death in the family, they even contacted Emirates while I was on the call and confirmed stating I need to send proof of death certificate and cremation certificate to get the full refund.

We traveled on the new tickets and completed the final last mile journey of my mother to immerse her ashes in the river as per her wishes and returned back to USA.

I sent both the cremation and death certificate of my mother to orbitz, they wanted my birth certificate, I sent them, they wanted my marriage proof to my wife, I only had the wedding invitation card printed 30 years back as our marriage was done in temple. I also sent them the obituary published on the funeral home website and news paper link where our names and details are printed to add more proof.

In spite of sending all documents, they have not refunded and they continue blame Emirates airline stating they are requesting for a relationship document between my mother and my wife which I pretty sure they is none in this world.

I contacted Emirates and send them all the above emails correspondence with orbitz.

Made numerous calls, no response from both of them other then getting the same old std email to provide relationship doc.

Please if any one has gone thru this ordeal please educate me how can I get my refund from this two corporations... appreciate any kind of help.

Orbitz reference orbitz itin [protected] Req-E-[protected] emails correspondence since April 22nd 2019
Emirates : stefano [protected]@emirates.com june 6th

kicked off flight due to orbitz not booking us seats

We booked our vacation in July 2018, nearly a year before our trip. We booked online through Orbitz, and the third party service used Air Canada for the flights from Detroit to Punta Cana through Toronto, Canada.
We arrived 3 hours early for our 6:40 a.m. Air Canada flight from Detroit to Toronto, and were the first in line when the desk opened. When we checked in, the employee indicated that something was wrong and to go to the gate for our seat assignments. Later when the same employee was at the gate, she said that we would not get on the flight despite the fact that we booked our trip a year in advance, because someone at Orbitz neglected to sign us up for seats and the flight was overbooked. Despite contacting Orbitz, we were unable to get on a flight that morning that could get us to our destination approximately the same time. We missed a day at our all-inclusive resort and had to take three flights to get there.
During the hours we attempted to get another flight, the Air Canada employee told us that Orbitz failed to book a return leg of our journey from Toronto to Detroit, and she took the initiative to book us on a flight. The only thing the Orbitz representative offered to do for us was provide $200 to use toward any future travel, as if I would trust Orbitz for any of my future travel arrangements.
In addition, during the 8 months preceding our trip, our flights were canceled twice. We had to spend hours on the phone with a customer service representative to book another flight. Each time someone notified us, the flights got worse with respect to times and number of layovers each way. During the two times I spoke to a customer service representative at Orbitz to get us on another flight, no one ever told us they failed to reserve our seats.

travel package changed

Hello, I am writing to make a complaint about my recent experience with Orbitz. I booked a package flight and hotel to the Dominican Republic and wanted to cancel. I received a refund for the hotel but neither orbitz or the airline (Copa) wanted to help us get a refund on the flight. We were limited to credit but lost $400 because my new flight was cheaper. After transferring the flights, we were told we cannot book it as a package anymore and had to book the new hotel separately, which ended up being $300 more than the original price with the package. I've never felt so helpless and treated like this. We book with Orbitz every year for vacations and this time is going to be my last. It's enough that we were so saddened to cancel and rebook our trip elsewhere, as the American tourist deaths are very unfortunate and this was out of our control and is a huge safety concern. Now I'm out $400 and did not get the package benefits that orbitz is supposed to offer. We received no help and were just on hold for HOURS at a time. I'd say between the 5 calls between the airline and orbitz, we were on the phone for about 7 total hours with no help or results at the end of it all. I seriously ask you to reevaluate how you help customers during things like this when it's completely out of our control when there's a safety issue like deaths that cannot be explained!

car rentals

I ve had the worst deal with orbitz. They charged me 40dollars for a car reservation saying the price was 16 dollars a day + tax for a dodge charger. When I got to fox rentals the price was three 4 times the "deal" they said. What I really want to say is
1. There was nothing saying I needed to pay US$40, 00 and yet it showed up on my credit card bill
2. Where in the world they get this deals from. How can they just charge a reservation before I even get to know what I am getting as an experience with my rental.
3. Orbitz is [censored] and never again.

problem confirming flight

On April 26, 2018 I booked a flight round trip from Tampa, Florida to Frankfurt Germany. I received an email with the itinerary # [protected]. A few days later I went to my Orbitz website and my account said there were no upcoming trips. I called orbitz customer service and after a long wait on the phone a representative cam eon the line. I had great difficulty understanding her English and she kept referring to me as mam. I am not a mam but a male. And no matter how much I lowered my voice she kept referring to me as mam. Regardless, she said the could see my account on her screen and the upcoming flight. But on my orbitz website it said there were no upcoming flights.
My concern was that I arrive at the airport and that there's no record of my reservation. Luckily I printed my itinerary when orbitz first emailed it to me.
The orbitz wasn't much help. She recommended I go to the airline's website to confirm but I said I shouldn't have to do that. I just want my orbitz account to reflect what I purchased.
I finally just gave up. I've been an orbitz customer for about 15 years. I will not be one anymore. I can just call the airline for my flights at about the same price and at least get airline miles.
Orbitz, I wish you well but you've lost me as a customer and I will advise others to do the same.
Fred Hiers

car rental

I recently rented a car in Mexico through Orbitz on Dec. 22, the price was 21.72 per week. when we got to Mexico the desk clerk at payless looked at the rate and said, "That's too cheap" and proceeded to make the charges 23x that rate, also explaining that "insurance was more expensive during a holiday." When i asked Orbitz to help with Payless to get the reserved rate they replied, "We guarantee our prepaid bookings but for Pay Later bookings, charges and billings depends upon the selected car rental company.
Please be advised that request has been properly /completely reviewed and validated, and the decision for this is final."

Orbitz is the company making these reservations, if they are fake, we need to know about it before wasting our time on fabrications.

charging my account and cancelling my rental

This company has gone to the toilet. I wouldn't give it 1 star. I got online to reserve a car rental. When it went to book it the page kept searching then would drop. I checked to see if it was booked and it said no. I tried to book it again and it did the same thing. 30 mins later we checked our back acc. and they had made 8 different charges on our acc. I then called and was told we would have to pay a cancellation fee. I raised my voice and said" listen I just tried to book this 10 mins ago. " He tried to pass me on but I stood strong( I thought). He said he saw the charges and would book it for me. well well well, , we arrived and no booking. What was suppose to cost $62 was now $184. I made 2 different 30 min. phone calls to speak with customer service that is in India and bad connection and they cant speak fluent English. They fdo that on purpose hoping you with just give up. Not me

lost airline ticket

Our party of two went to pick up our boarding passes. Our tickets were previously paid for in total. The airline said one of us did not have a ticket (boarding pass). Orbitz was contacted, but refused to take responsibility and reissue a ticket. Our party of two thus was required to remain inside the airline terminal for more than 24 hours while we attempted to resolve this issue. Our ages are 72 and 74 and this situation presented us with health problems. We want to be compensated.

changed itinerary

Re: Itinerary [protected] Gwen Eaton
Itinerary WUORJX Tamara Ballou

To whom it may concern
This letter is intended to provide information related to the 2 travel itineraries shown above, which were purchased on the same day for the same flight, so the parties could travel together. Ms. Eaton's reservation was changed by the airline, but Ms. Ballou was not offered the same change which resulted in separate flights on different days, preventing the parties from flying together.
In August of 2018, Ms. Eaton purchased an airline ticket to Paris, via Denver, for travel dates Dec 20 through Jan 4. The ticket purchase was made through Orbitz and was purchased on the same day that her sister, Ms. Ballou, purchased the exact same flight to Paris, also through Orbitz, so the family could travel together FOR MEDICAL REASONS. Ms. Eaton must fly with a designated partner (Ms. Ballou) due to a disability. The airline (American) was notified that a wheelchair would be needed, and Ms. Ballou should sit with or very near Ms. Eaton to assist her during the flight.
In early October, Ms. Eaton received notification from Orbitz, that AMERICAN AIRLINE had made a schedule change to the flight, and Ms. Eaton was to select one of the changes offered or her ticket would be terminated, and a refund given. After discussing the notification with Ms. Ballou, Ms. Eaton discovered that her sister had NOT received the notice, but pressured by the agency, she was forced to accept the change dictated by the airline. Ms. Ballou agreed she would choose the same option when notified.
The change notification was received by Ms. Ballou on Thursday, November 15th. She called Orbitz immediately and spoke with an agent regarding the options. The change that Ms. Eaton was forced to accept was NOT offered to Ms. Ballou. Her ticket was changed to a day earlier departure, on December 19th, flying through Miami instead of Chicago to Paris. Ms. Ballou explained to the agent that she was flying with a disabled family member and that the itinerary's much match. The agent assured her that this would be possible without a problem and proceeded to change Ms. Ballou's reservation/itinerary to accommodate the Airlines change. While confirming her flight, Ms. Ballou informed Ms. Eaton of the change and told her to call Orbitz right away and have the same change made to her ticket.
Me. Eaton proceeded to call and request the same change but was met with complete opposition. Orbitz refused to change her ticket, stating that she had already made 1 change and any additional changes would incur fees and repricing. Stunned, Ms. Eaton denied ever making a change to her itinerary. It was the AIRLINE that made the change, and the AIRLINE that forced her to accept the change to her ticket or risk cancelling the ticket all together. Thus began 4 continuous days of countless hours on the phone with Orbitz agents, supervisors, American Airlines and Iberia Airlines. Both Ms. Eaton and Ms. Ballou called repeatedly, trying to get the issue resolved. On Sunday, they were on a 3-way call with Orbitz that stretched to over 5 hours. Orbitz and the airline refused to acknowledge that they had initiated the change to the ticket. Their response was that Ms. Eaton changed her ticket once already, and any additional changes would incur large fees and reticketing prices. They refused to accept her disability claim, even though the wheelchair and travel partner information had already been requested and was in Ms. Eaton's reservation file.
Orbitz would promise a resolution, then force us to stay on the line for over 20 minutes at a time, while they "negotiated" with the airline. When Ms. Eaton called American Airlines, the agent said she would have been happy to make the change, but it was an Iberian flight, so she did not have the authority to make the change, EVEN THOUGH THE NOTIFICATION ABOUT THE CHANGE IN SCHEDULE CAME FROM AMERICAN AIRLINES.
It is our firm stance that Ms. Eaton's ticket be changed to match Ms. Ballou's ticket. The customer DID NOT REQUEST THE CHANGE, THE CHANGE CAME FROM THE AIRLINE! The tickets were purchased in August to avoid the high cost of buying them closer to the date of travel. The airline then made changes during the time between purchase and travel, did NOT offer the same changes to the customers and that has resulted in the change and complications of our current travel plans. To preserve any resemblance of the original plan, the airline is trying to force us to pay exuberant fees in order to keep our flights together. They are asking us to PAY AGAIN for a ticket that we have already bought. This is an outrage. These travel plans were made months in advance to ensure the family could travel together due to a disability. This is not just a requirement of convenience. THIS IS A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH. Ms. Eaton must have her limbs massaged during flight to prevent blood clots. She will be on oxygen, and the medication she is taking requires immediate access to the bathroom. Ms. Ballou will be able to assist her with all these requirements. We do not feel that the flight attendants will be readily available to assist her. Flying alone without assistance could cause her serious health problems. In addition, we feel we were tricked by the airline to accommodate a change for their convenience. Even after explaining our situation, they refused to assist us, and therefore we also feel we are being discriminated against due to the disability.
We would like Ms. Eaton's flight changed to match that of Ms. Ballou's flight, without fees. This change is required because of the initial change made by the airline which resulted in separating the parties planned travel together. The parties must travel together due to a disability, and life-threatening situation that could occur if Ms. Eaton should be forced to fly alone. I don't want this to end in any harm to Ms. Eason, simply because the airline refused to honor the tickets that were originally purchased specifically so the parties to fly together. It is hard for me to believe that the policy would be enforced, even if it could result in the death of a passenger.

deceptive pricing practices

So, as you're filling out the forms and putting together your trip, Orbitz site sya very clearly "Price Guaranteed" on the screen, When you go to check out and pay, a notice appears that says "The price just went up by $500 or more, buy now before it goes up again!" We should be paying the price on the screen at the time of booking. "The Guaranteed Price". This is clearly scamming the customer and forcing us to "pay the hostage price" or look elswhere. I won't be back, and I won't be using their parent Expedia either! I hope all take this to heart, because that is the only way we will ever get what is "Guarateed" and advertised.

Too sad Orbitz... ruined my Christmas.

car rental

I have been waiting to receive an email to review our experience with economy car rental, but have yet to receive one.
I feel that it is very important to share our experience and frustrations with Orbitz for you are representing and recommending this establishment.
I rented a vehicle on October 17th, itinerary ‭[protected]‬; when we got there to pick up the vehicle, we had already been traveling for 8+ hours and had another two hours of driving before we reached our destination. The trip to Economy (or Allied? Not sure which one it was but both were mentioned) took multiple bus rides, long waits and was very unorganized.
After waiting for an employee to go and retrieve a car for us, she brings us a Kia Soul that had damage to every body panel. One of the back quarter panels was actually spray painted. We should have requested something different at that moment but really wanted to just get out of there.
The interior of the vehicle was even worse. The glove box was falling out, there were multiple burn holes on the seats, Had a very strong cigarette odor, the headliner and interior panels were splattered with brown stuff!
After making sure that the lady noted all of the damages, we headed off to our destination. The passenger seat was not properly secured and rocked each time you accelerated, or applied the brakes.
Again, had we not been on a mission to just get where we were going, we would have turned around and checked it back in.
In addition, the check in and check out process was just as bad. There was no one there to greet us; while waiting, there was another gentleman there who said he had been waiting over an hour for someone to go get his vehicle. The customer service was not good. And when the lady came back to check us out she never even said hello or asked how everything went.
This was by far the worst car rental experience ever. As a matter of fact, every time I book through Orbitz it seems like we also get the worst seats on the airplane, the outdated rooms, etc. I am not convinced further business will be any different. And at this point, I cannot say I would be comfortable recommending Orbitz to my friends or family.
In all reality, at the very least, we should be reimbursed for this experience.

flights

I booked a flight to London, England via Orbitz. My booking ID is VDKRJP, ticket # [protected]. My confirmation said it included 1 free bag, Seat Choice, carry on bag and miles earned. However, when I try to choose my seat, the system will not allow me to do that without incurring extra $$$. Therefore, that is misrepresentation of seat choice. That is not a choice, it is just a "seat" and can not be chosen until check-in and should have been noted correctly in my confirmation. I should have known that when I booked the ticket. Now, I have to just cross my fingers and hope I get a decent seat for a very long flight to London or incur additional expense to choose in advance. I have also placed this complaint with Air Canada as well. And, I will place it with United too. That is mis-advertising.

flight from london to pdx

#[protected] itinerary

Good morning, I flew from London to pdx on september the 12th sucessfully.

On my return trip i arrived at 10.00 oclock to book in for my return flight on the 23rd ave. when i get to Heathrow my flight was cancelled as immigration was too long to make the connecting flight. Ba said that as orbitz did not contact them they cancelled the flight and i would need to work it out with them.

I then spent an hour on the phone in the terminal with orbitz and was told i could get on another flight and go to Dallas. After a long time being sent to different places and no one not knowing where to send me i was sent to terminal 3...The ticket agent did not allow me the time to get there so i was refused entry on the plane. They then rebooked me on a later flight to Los angeles and back to terminal 5 which is a bus ride. I have now been running for 5 hours around the airport. I got into La spent two hours in immigration and then got to my hotel and 12.00 midnight and having to be on the 8.00 am to portland. I spent over 30 hours getting from london to portland through no fault of mine. I had to cancel all my appointments on the monday. It does not instill confidence in me booking with orbitz again.

your comments?

flight change - orbitz itinerary number:[protected]

On 1.7 we orded for Mr. Ran Dagan a ticket from Tel Aviv to Beijing 2.7-13.7:

Orbitz itinerary number:[protected]

On 12.7.18 we changed the above ticket : [protected]
Flight from Beijing to Tel Aviv on July 20 instead of 13.7.
After a long phone conversation with Orbitz representative the change was confirmed, and a payment for the change by $ 100 was transferred to Orbitz. (See attached file)
Unfortunately, when Mr. Ran Dagan, Dagan's C.E.O approached the Check-In counter in Beijing airport, he was very surprised to discover that he is not registered on this flight.
Mr. Dagan was forced to run around the airport, on and off, between the tickets office to the Check-In counter four times.

It caused him huge frustration, nerves and distress and wasted his precious time.

Since this is the first time it happened like this (We reserve many flights through websites all year round), We would appreciate your attention, to clarify and compensate him accordingly.

From Hainan air liens we accepted the answer bellow:

Dear Yonat

The relevant department already investigate the ticket [protected]
1. There was no problem of the check in system at Beijing Airport dated 20Jul. When Passenger check in at the airport, no reservation showing for flight HU7957 on 20jul.
2. The reason why the passenger cannot checked in because of the agent did not issue the ticket correctly. We contacted the agency who claim that the system cancelled the flight dated 13Jul and did not change to 20jul successfully.

If passenger looking for compensation, please call Orbiz
Customer Service [protected] for complaint

Looking forward for your prompt reply.
Best Regards
Yonat

Yonat Ofir
Dagan Agricultural Automation Ltd
Tel: +
Fax: +
www.dagan.co.il

refused a refund for their mistake

On July 2nd 2018 I was due to fly back from Montreal to Singapore where I live. When I arrived at the airport I found out that Orbitz had downgraded my ticket from Business to Premium Economy. I called them back to rectify the issue.

I spoke to multiple agents after being cut off or put on hold for up to 25 minutes at a time with no information and no one was able to rectify the issue before my flight.

I asked them to rectify the second leg of my journey whilst I was in the air to Beijing. In Beijing I should have had access to the lounge giving me free wifi and therefore the ability to make free calls. I asked them to grant me the access I would have had if they had not downgraded my ticket. This would have given them 13hours to find a solution for the 2nd leg of my journey - flight and lounge. I asked them to call me back once I landed to tell me what the situation was.

No one called. I had to call them. Repeatedly. No one was able to rectify the situation for the 2nd leg of the flight despite having hours to do it. No one I spoke to seemed to understand my issue or be able to do anything about it.

I finally spoke to a lady who offered a refund to cover the difference in the flight and my food costs in the airport. I told her that I would have wifi and call charges and she said to contact Orbitz again to arrange to refund them. I was offered a measly $200 travel voucher with Orbitz for the 26 hour journey I had to take sitting up despite paying for business.

My call and wifi charges to Orbitz were over SGD$500. I contacted them with the detailed bill and they refused in writing to pay.

I would like a refund of the call charges and wifi costs incurred due to their mistake in downgrading me - A total of $505.63 SGD (or at today's exchange rate, USD $369.90)

Itinerary Number: [protected] - Case ID : [REQ:S#[protected]]

defected car

The rental car I was given was defected. One of the safty control light was on. Once I arrived at my destination the car was not moved due to questionable safety of the car. I have contacted Fox Rent a Car in Krakow airport, about the existing problem.I was told to fix it my self. The advise given to me was ineffective. The car is undrivible.
I request a refund for the amount of days the car was not used. For safety reason I do not feel comfortable using the car. I ask for speedy resolution to this problem and a refund.

defected car

customer service / flight bookings

On August 14th I called their booking phone number and received terrible service all around. I spent 48 mins 02 seconds on the phone with the first person. I was put on hold several times and had to give my flight information 6 times. The person told me that he is unable to find the flights, despite me giving all the airport codes several times. I told him TPE and he kept asking if I wanted to fly out of ICN. I was then told to "hang on" and was transferred to customer service where I waited on the line for 24 minutes to speak with someone. I spoke with a different person who told me the price has increased from $442 to $1027. I asked her how that is possible if I see the price online and am currently looking at it and the answer I received that "I don't know..." She said that they are unable honor prices found on their website and could not tell me what the error number I was receiving meant. I then asked customer service how to file a complaint and I was told they do not have a complaint department and there is nothing she can do if I received bad service. She said I cannot talk to anyone about it. I definitely will NEVER be booking with them as I can only imagine what would happen if I have a problem while traveling. Absolutely useless company.

flights

Our Problems started when we arrived at Las Vegas airport at 7am on the 31st July to catch our 9.05am flight to Indianapolis only to be told that our flight had been cancelled and we had been booked onto the 6am flight which we had already missed. We received no prior notification of this change not by e-mail or text, you would have thought that such a massive change would have heralded a barrage of communications. Though I did consider ringing Orbitz to confirm our flight details a quick glance at my booking e-mail announced...
"Your reservation is booked and confirmed. There is no need to call us to reconfirm this reservation."
I tried to call Orbitz at this point but was left on hold for 15 minutes before being cut off. As the calls were costing $2.00 a minute and we were in danger of missing further flights we went with the American Airlines offer of going onto standby.
Standby worked reasonably well and we got onto a flight within a couple of hours but then disaster struck, the flight broke down with a mechanical problem and we had to disembark. The delays increased from one hour, to four hours to six before the flight was finally pushed back until the next day. Standby no longer seemed to work as we were in competition with the entire passenger list from the cancelled plane and they all had priority over us as they were members of the AA flying club and we were not. With time now getting on and after a number of conversations with a number of AA representatives it was decided that our best option was to wait until the next day when they could actually book us on a flight rather than waiting on standby. We booked and paid for our own hotel and caught a taxi at our own expense. At the same time, we had now missed both the first day of our convention and our hotel in Indianapolis.
The next day we arrived at the airport in good time for our flight but again after boarding adversity struck and once again we were asked to leave the flight due to mechanical problems. Again time moved on with the flight time slowly but surely being pushed back before being cancelled. Again standby was next to useless for the same reasons I mentioned earlier. This time we were given a hotel to stay in and some food vouchers but now we had totally missed the two days we were meant to spend at the convention and our hotel in Indianapolis. After talking to various AA representatives we booked a flight to JFK for the next day and booked ourselves a hotel in New York (again at our own expense.) At this point we went down to the
AA baggage office to ask that our bags be re-directed from Indianapolis to New York and were told they would be waiting for us when we arrived.
When we arrived at the airport the next morning we found our flight to JFK had been cancelled and we had been placed on a later flight. At this point a minor miracle occurred and we actually took off on a plane, an hour later however we disembarked for our connecting flight to find it delayed. Four hours later it finally departed getting us into JFK at midnight.
We then went to pick up our bags only to find that they had not yet arrived. After an hour in a queue we were able to talk with a pleasant young lady who assured us our bags would be delivered to our hotel in New York the next day.
The next day came and went with no sign of our bags, the automated phone number we had been given being less than helpful. We flew back to London early on the 4th August, our fifth day without our bags which of course held all of our clothing and washing materials. This forced us to purchase various items often at sky high prices as we had little option but to buy in airports or hotel gift shops.
This whole trip has been little short of a disaster, we were unable to attend the convention, were forced to spend a fortune on hotels, food, clothing and washing items as well as wasting three days of our lives hanging around airports. For this reason, I would like to request a measure of compensation and look forward to your response.

Travellers

HILTON
South Terminal Gatwick Airport, Gatwick, RH60LL Twin Room - Check in 3.00pm,
[protected] Check Out 12.00pm
Hotels
28/07/2018 Hotel needed at Las Vegas For 3 nights 28/07/18 & 29/07/18 & 30/07/18
Wynn Las Vegas
3131 Las Vegas Blvd S, Double Double - Non Smoking
Las Vegas, NV 89109
Hotels
31/07/2018 Hotel needed at Indianapolis For 3 nights 31/07/18 & 01/08/18 & 02/08/18
Indianapolis Marriott East
Check Out 12.00pm

QFG38X6

Gen Con

Warren - 331427 Stephen - 331428

flight cancellation - no refund of monies

Good day,

My son paid R 1437.38 for two tickets which was never refunded - Jan POS International Purchase Chq 111.60 3g Direct Pa 412752*9882 29 Dec 1, 437.38
01 Jan POS International Purchase Chq 111.60 3g Direct Pa 412752*9882 29 Dec 1, 437.38

This reservation has been fully cancelled. We're sorry your plans didn't work out. When ready to book a new trip, we'll be happy to help.
Travel dates
Dec 31, 2017 - Dec 31, 2017
Itinerary #
Ticket #
[protected] (Dirk Hermanus Maartens)
[protected] (Marjone Maartens)
Booking ID
MUHE7R

Kindly advise on refund

Regards,

exchange and refund

On June 1 2018 I called to use the travel insurance to change my flight and hotel to July. It took this customer service guy over an hour and it was a mess. On July 8 I'm at the airport and United tells me they are NOT going to let me on the plane becuase Orbitz did not pay them. It was a business trip so it was a problem!! I called Orbitz and there was NOTHING they could do. I called a week later to get a refund and was told their system was down and to call back tomorrow. I have called 3 times today and so far I've been on hold for a total of 2 hours. The reason I have time to file this complaint is because I'm still on hold!! I paid a total of 1, 061.11 and have been refunded 386.91. So I'm owed 674.11. I have even sent them the screen shots of my credit card statement because I use it for business travel. So they said they would refund me 197.00, which leaves me holding the bag for 477.11. I've been on hold for so long my phone has finally died. Wish me luck! Never using Orbitz again.

• Updated by Sharon Snyder 36 · Aug 06, 2018

Horrible scam like the other lady said. I've spent 3 hours and I keep getting put on hold.

Dear Orbitz team

Why should I bear for the mistakes committed by you.

You have not informed the property of the cancellation and now when the amount is refunded I am taking a hit of OMR 5.38 which amounts to USD 14.

can you please ensure the above amount is refunded to me ASAP.

Thanks & Regards

Vikas

On Thu, Jul 19, 2018 at 7:50 PM Vikas Anand wrote:
Orbitz team

Why is that the below cancellation has not been conveyed to the property?
Why has my card been charged even though the booking was cancelled?

My card was charged today for the booking that was already cancelled

Kindly ensure that the amount is refunded ASAP

On Tue, Jul 10, 2018, 10:18 PM Orbitz wrote:

Orbitz.com

You have cancelled with full refund of deposit by hotel.

Jul 18, 2018 - Jul 20, 2018 2 nights

Days Inn by Wyndham Washington DC/Connecticut Avenue
4400 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC, 20008 United States of America

Guest room Room, 2 Double Beds, Non Smoking
2 full beds, non-smoking room

Reserved for Vikas Anand
2 adults, 1 child, 1 infant

Thank you for choosing Orbitz for your travel reservations. We're sorry your plans didn't work out. When you're ready to book a new trip we'll be happy to help you.

If you have been charged a deposit or partial payments, you will be issued a refund by Days Inn by Wyndham Washington DC/Connecticut Avenue.

​​Orbitz Itinerary number: ​​[protected]
Hotel reservation number: 82792EC024483
If you want to cancel additional rooms, a car or activities you must cancel them separately.

why should I pay for mistake committed by your team

hotel stay in point pleasant, nj

I am not a complainer, and would most certainly like to give compliments vs complaints. However, I booked The Driftwood Hotel (ON THE BEACH) as a gift for my daughters. As recently divorced, I wanted to make a special time for them.
Day before leaving, i recieved a phone call from Sam, the owner of the driftwood, stating thrh were overbooked and we had to be moved to another location, NOT ON THE BEACH, and we had to drive daily to driftwood for beach passes each and every day. Which was incredibly inconvenient to load the car each and everyday with myself and 5 children. It was a major error as that the driftwood never notified of a reservation and it was truly all a nightmare. I will never ever book through Orbitz again . What a huge dissapontment. Especially to find out less than 24 hrs before arriving and needing to scramble to find another hotel, as this was a gift, and I wanted my children to goto the driftwood as that is where I went every year as a child.
Orbitz is off the list for ever using again.

price match guarantee

The price match guarantee process with Orbitz is the most lucrative process for any consumer to go through. I have a flight booked ITN#**SSN**667 and found a cheaper flight on site www.brol.com. The exact same flight, exact same airline, departure time etc- as Orbitz prefers "apples to apples" - its the exact same flight to and from. After having spent two hours, TWO hours on the phone, mind you my previous call of 30 min the agent hung up or should I say "got disconnected", I had one agent tell me that the economy class needed to be verified. The ECONOMY class. How many levels of economy class are there? It was the exact same flight information but yet her grasp at an excuse was the economy class might off been different. As if in row 20 is treated any different than row 30? Because in all my 30 years of flying, that has NEVER been the case. Moving on, both the agent and I looked online at the competitors site and both indeed saw the flight price difference - yet she did not have an answer for me. It is VERY frustrating to have to go through all this to not have an answer. Why even offer price match grantee to begin with? The claim for price match has to be submitted within 48 hours, they send you back an email late at night that way by the next morning, it is too late to dispute the claim because your 48 hour window has now passed. Not only that, but now you risk the price going up on the competitors site. The screen shot you have to submit? Oh forget it. I completed that and did so as asked but the amount of hairs being split by Orbitz will test even Mother Theresa's patience. I submitted a screen shot, but now have to submit a new screen shot, with now the higher fare, its still cheaper than the orbitz flight but the competitors fare has now gone up. ALL THIS for a price match guarantee???? Lesson learned: DO NOT BOOK WITH ORBITZ. And you ask why even fight over a price match ? I am a single mother, I rely solely on my income so if this is a promise the company values, clearly they don't, I'd recommend they just remove the price match guarantee program all together since all they care about is keeping there money. I would rate zero stars if I could, let that be known !

hotel

I booked a hotel because I thought it was near my son's hospital in Midland TX. When I arrived I found it was near the administrative offices instead. I asked Orbitz and the Fairfield Inn to cancel the reservation explaining the severity of the medical issue. Both parties said they could do nothing and referred me to the other party. After a week of complaints, the Fairfield manager said she would reverse the cancellation charge but Orbitz would charge her for the cancellation. If this is Orbitz business practice, I will never use them again. I have asked the Fairfield manager to inform me if Orbitz charges them. If so I will make it my business to spread the word about Orbitz.

flight change - orbitz itinerary number:[protected]

Subject: A complaint on Orbitz itinerary number:[protected]

For Orbitz costumer Services,
On 1.7 we orded for Mr. Ran Dagan a ticket from Tel Aviv to Beijing 2.7-13.7:

Orbitz itinerary number:[protected] . (Please see attached files).

On 12.7.18 we changed the above ticket :
Flight from Beijing to Tel Aviv on July 20 instead of 13.7.

Looking forward for your prompt reply.
Best Regards

www.dagan.co.il

car reservation itinerary #[protected]

COMPLAINT FOR:
Car reservation Itinerary #[protected]
in Florida-July 12-July 16 2018 pick up and drop off at PBI Airport. I was told more than once to take the shuttle to Budget car rental and pay the total amount of $ 125.83.Nothing that Orbitz did for us on the up and up. 1. We took the shuttle, to find out that our reservation was 5 miles away and that we were on our own to get there I called to confirm the shuttle and the rep said he checked with Budget and that that info was correct?. 2. Orbitz never told us that proof or car rental insurance was necessary so the process was further delayed. 3) Budge3t would not accept the price from Orbitz and w had to pay about $50 more! We got a car-about 2 hours later!
I tried calling customer service twice at Budget only to be disconnected twice despite the repeated phrase of "No worries" I finally called back at 10 PM and finally someone said we can get a refund for the difference and the cost of car service but just when I was going to speak to a "supervisor" I was once again discounted two hours later at midnight! I thought they had all the info but at 1 am I got a call back from the Philippines where it was 1pm-I questioned the timing of the call but all I got is we need to resolve this now or I would have to start all over the next day! They kept saying that they were doing US a favor by giving a one-time courtesy to reimbursement! Really the booking is boarding on FRAUD and the customer service was VERY unhelpful, to say the least. I expect to hear from you to explain why I got the service(or lack of) during booking and customer services.
Sincerely,

Amy Chasanoff

legal name change on ticket

Confirmation
GVJGNL (Aeroflot-Russian Airlines)
Booking ID
T5XVBE
Ticket #
[protected] (Tatiana Paola Orozco)
[protected] (Carmela Karenina McCue)
Itinerary #
INCIDENT DESCRIPTION:
I bought 2 flight tickets in September 2017 from NY to Russia but after a few months one of the tickets needs to be fixed on the name since the person who was flying with me get the name correction by court of NJ state.

I called Orbitz since they are the ones that can make the changes. I received zero help from them and spent many hours by phone dealing with this Problem. They ask me for all my legal documents which we submitted for nothing.

I talk to supervisors and no one was able to resolve the issue. And the only solution for them was cancel my ticket and buy a new one. But my initial purchased was $950 and current price back in June was $1600.

After this nightmare I talked to the airline AEROFLOT and they told me the agency (Orbitz) are the one who needs to make the change for me (That never happens)

Personally I went to the airport and ask on Aeroflot and they send me to Manhattan NY Office and they fix the problem and receive the same information I sent to Orbitz (for nothing) and only charge $35.00 for name change on my ticket.

Next time please go directly to the airline. I will do my research next time and never ever eill use ORBITZ AGAIN.

legal name change on ticket

bogus ticket

My family is currently stuck in a Chinese airport because orbitz sold us a bogus itinerary. We'll only get out of here if we pay for change fees or find other transporation at our own expense. It's been a circus to know who will help. There was a 1 hour layover between flights but the airline refused to check our bags through to the final destination because the partner airlines don't work together to transfer luggage in China. The run/walk to the baggage claim was at least 15 min. We waited for luggage for another 10 min there before running to get boarding passes and re-check luggage for the next flight. We arrived at the ticket counter at 9:10 for the 9:45 flight and they refused to let us on the flight. The ticket agents say this is not a reasonable layover. We tried to get our money back from China air and Xiamen air and orbitz so we can make other arrangements. If we want to find a new flight all parties tell us we have to pay a change fee because it is the fault of one of the other parties. could catch a fast train and still make our committments but no one will take responsibility. Orbitz told us it was a computer generated itinerary with the shortest layovers. Ultimately, they should have confirmed this was a doable agenda.

vacation package

I booked a trip for August 12-16 via orbitz, I also got travelers insurance. I misspelled my friends middle name and inadvertently placed a ‘A' where there should have been an ‘E' in her middle name. That turned out to be an ordeal I was disconnected over 4 times and placed on hold several times for 30-50 minutes.

The hotel we booked mentioned it has free WiFi after my friend read the reviews turned out WiFi is not in the rooms and only in public areas, that's not what we understood as a WiFi connected all inclusive vacation. I was told I could use my insurance and would get a refund in 7 days. The rate would definitely go up the closer we get to departure. We've saved for months and cannot afford the new rate.

I guess in essence if the customer service agents were more easily understood, the dropped calls, the repeated attempts of trying to ask the agent to check the notes from the previous calls and the wait times not be so terrible the experience would not have been that bad. I f agents could call people back customers wouldn't waste so much time.