Norton / support

35 Ferris St., United States Review updated:

I contacted norton for a very basic issue:
I wanted to delete some duplicate entries in my n. Password vault.
However, the technician I contacted went into my hard drive and deleted rows and rows of data... Then he opened my 'disc cleanup' window and checked every box and deleted everything. Everything listed.
As a result, I have lost irreplaceable files and the data he deleted from my file explorer clearly has affected my desktop's performance. It keeps crashing into a blue screen that says there is a problem and it tries to make the automated repairs. But, apparently, it fails because the blue screen reappears every hour or so!
These entry-level 'technicians' get in over their head, playing with details and programs they are ill-equipped to manage.
They do not listen. They do not understand me and I have a hard time understanding them!
I was transferred four times yesterday which finally came to a 'promised call back' (within one hour) from a higher skilled technician who would try to find and restore my lost files.
No one ever called me back.
I have had a hundred apologies and excuses... But I am not satisfied with meaningless apologies. I am angry.

• Updated by Dale Raes, Feb 12, 2019

and again they have 'gotten rid of' me with another 'promised call back.

Da
Feb 12, 2019

Comments

15th of Feb, 2019

Really sorry about the trouble you had with our support. Could you let me know your case reference number? I can check this further and help.

Thanks