Mr. Lube - Silvercreek Pkwy, Guelph, On / mr lube is like fast food not good for you or your car!

Had an oil change on a 1994 Chev van, they put on an dodge filter that blew off on my way to work it was a stormy day the van came to a stop real fast in the middle of an highway. I paid someone to pick me up and drive me home I phoned for an tow truck we then went into town put the Right filter and oil the van would not start not even from tow truck they told me motor was cooked and towed me home. I did not give up I live in country with nothing to drive, I worked in the cold with heath complications I got it to run again for how long your guess is as good as mine. I then touch base with the store manger in Guelph. He checked out my story and found I was not making it up. He asked me what would make me happy, I told him to get paid for the day of hell I had. He said I will give you your next oil change free Well! He told me that the filter for the dodge will work for the Chev he must think I am stupid thats Ok I now think that Mr Lube is like fast food not good for you or your car.

Comments

Vr
  26th of Feb, 2010

I have only ever had possitive experiences at this Mr. Lube location! They keep my car in fantastic running shape and they have educated me greatly on my vehicle and it's maintenance needs. I would not trust any other shop with my family's vehicles! Just one question though...how is fast food bad for your car?

Sc
  24th of Jun, 2014

I went to the Guelph Ontario location...
These guys are vultures looking for any weakness of perception or knowledge to exploit in the customer. They were helpful, especially since I am a big guy and have decent car knowledge... BUT They said my cabin air filter was too dirty and needed to be changed, my fluids were dirty and needed to be changed, that it looked like a needed a full tune up... This was 3 months after I bought the car at my dealership dumped 2 grand into the car with a 200 point inspection. When I pointed out that my dealership JUST checked all this stuff they backed off and tried another grifter approach. For the 20 minutes I was there, they pushed 5 or 6 unnecessary repairs on me, saying my car needed it. I am never returning to ANY Mr. Lube location!

Mi
  23rd of Nov, 2014

I used Mr Lube service at the Guelph location to regular oil change in my SUV. Next day there were oily spots on the garage floor under the car, and the oil level was 1cm above upper limit, also 2 covers
(oil filter and drain bold) were missing. I had returned to the store; after my complain they re-install covers (forgotten to install after oil changed) and corrected the oil level, but this was not very pleasant experience. First of all, they lied about putting new covers from their stock (installed old ones, originally from my car, dirty covers), finally didn't want to give a new receipt for the service provided.
It was my first and last time visit MR Lube shop. No recommended.