Menu
Jasper Engines & Transmissions Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Jasper Engines & Transmissions
reviews & complaints

www.jasperengines.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.4 9 Reviews

Jasper Engines & Transmissions Complaints Summary

1 Resolved
8 Unresolved
Our verdict: With Jasper Engines & Transmissions's very poor resolution rate, careful consideration is needed. Research their service comprehensively, and read up on how they handle customer disputes. If you face issues, be prepared for potential challenges in obtaining resolutions and explore other service providers as backups.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Jasper Engines & Transmissions has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Jasper Engines & Transmissions. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Jasper Engines & Transmissions reviews & complaints 9

Filter reviews by rating
Sort by:

Newest Jasper Engines & Transmissions reviews & complaints

C
7:42 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Jasper Engines & Transmissions - Transmission warranty and actions

I have had several issues. Truck basically broke down since Oct 2022.6 24 23. Truck was scheduled for replacement. 7 14 23 told by garage claim denied. Told by jasper clerical error scheduled again. Trans replaced again 7 2023. Truck sat till 8 20 23 garage trying to find issue Told by that mechanic and my warentee co take g. m for tech specialist. 8 26 23...

1:22 pm EST

Jasper Engines & Transmissions Transmission

Transmission has made a noise in reverse and does not move when paced in reverse. Multiple documented complaints by installer but Jasper will do nothing. They want me to take the vehicle to a local tranny shop for diagnosis and repair. I offered to have Jasper remove the transmission and take it to their shop but they refused. Pretty sorry outfit.

Desired outcome: repair

6:45 pm EDT

Jasper Engines & Transmissions Sucks

Got Jasper Engines to repair the transmission and 3 times they did not fix, they finally gave money back and I was able to purchase a transmission have installed by someone else and the transmission is fixed.Because of their rough handling from towing. It messed up a bearing in the front, the gas needle doesn't work. It smelled like someone had a party in there, it smelled like someone spilled beer in there and it stunk! I don't drink and I carry children to and from school so we all had to smell that stinky beer smell.

Read full review of Jasper Engines & Transmissions and 1 comment
1 comment
Jasper Engines
JASPER, US
Jun 22, 2011 3:41 pm EDT

I am an employee of Jasper Engines Customer Service Dept. Jasper Engines is the product supplier, not the local independant installer. If you are having a problem with the product, please feel free to contact us at [protected].

Is Jasper Engines & Transmissions legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Jasper Engines & Transmissions as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 11% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Jasper Engines & Transmissions stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Jasper Engines & Transmissions should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Jasper Engines & Transmissions earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Jasper Engines & Transmissions achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Jasper Engines & Transmissions. The company provides a physical address, 2 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 4 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

A long registered date for jasperengines.com can be seen as a positive aspect for Jasper Engines & Transmissions as it indicates a commitment to maintaining the website and its domain name for a long period of time. It also suggests that the company is organized and has taken steps to secure its online presence.

The age of Jasper Engines & Transmissions's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Jasperengines.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Jasper Engines & Transmissions website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Jasperengines.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

A trust mark has been identified for a jasperengines.com, but it is important to verify the trust mark and its source to ensure that it is legitimate. Ensure that the trust mark is genuine by clicking on it and verifying its authenticity through the issuing organization's website.

Several positive reviews for Jasper Engines & Transmissions have been found on various review sites. While this may be a good sign, it is important to approach these reviews with caution and consider the possibility of fake or biased reviews.

We looked up Jasper Engines & Transmissions and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Jasper Engines & Transmissions has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 11% of 9 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • This website appears to offer a link shortening service. Scammers may also use shortened links to make malicious or fraudulent websites appear more legitimate or to hide the true destination of a link. Therefore, it's important to exercise caution when clicking on shortened links, particularly if they come from an untrusted or unfamiliar source.
  • Keywords related to scams and fraud were identified in our analysis of Jasper Engines & Transmissions website, which could indicate that the website is engaging in illegal or unethical activities. It is crucial to approach the website with caution and conduct proper research before taking any action.
4:52 pm EST

Jasper Engines & Transmissions Sold 2 bad tranny's

After getting 2 bad transmissions from jasper within 1&half weeks. I called to complain and get peace of mind. they offer me an extended warranty known as premium plan for 195.00 dollars. I felt they should offer it to me for free. i guess they they don't have much confidence in their product. But the main problem was no one i talked to was willing to make any effort to see if that was possible. conversation took place on feb. 9 2011 with a guy named brian, and his supervisor adam. it just hit me wrong that a bad product is backed by a 195.00 dollar premium plan that you can purchase.

1:00 pm EDT

Jasper Engines & Transmissions Buyer beware

Purchased a jasper transmission-put 3300 miles on it and it is junk. Called the company and was told they would not warranty it because it is out of the 3 year/100, 000 mile warranty. What about the 100, 000 miles. Guess that doesn't count. This is a motorhome that can only be used a couple of months of the year as we live in the northeast and only have a few months of summer. The worst customer service that I have ever encountered. I would walk before I would buy anything from this company again. BUYER BEWARE

5:17 pm EDT

Jasper Engines & Transmissions Junk engines

After my third engine was installed, I prommised Jasper I would advertise and spread the word every where I could about their product and warranty, if it did not give satisfactory service. Guess what? Unlike Jasper, I'm keeping my prommise and integrity.

The first engine failed (knocking) after a little more than 11, 000 miles, installed in 2006. The second engine (warranty repalcement) smoked from the time it was first crancked (Bad head). The third just failed, (knocking) after just a little over 14, 000 miles. That is a long way from the service they insinuate you will get from their engines. Even an engine misused, (these engines were not) with any quality of workmanship and materials would hold up longer than that!

Jasper stood behind the first engine, by trying to pass off blame. While the replacement engine was being installed, time was still ticking on the warranty. This replacement engines warranty begins with the remaining balance of the first one. Once you begin to have problems the pride and image they progect on their web site disappears. I can only assume the replacements are of inferior quality (seconds). How else can they explain only a 4% failure rate when one person has had 100% failure rate. I've built engines in my back yard 20 years ago and was abussive to the engine (dogging it) and it was still running strong when it was sold 6 years later! So how can Jasper pass the buck on an engine that was not dogged and installed by a certified mechanic? Jasper warranty service tecnicians are also rude and just don't seem to "get it" When a person buys an engine they expect to get considerable service out of an engine other wise they would not bother with the replacement. Much of my warranty time was eaten up, by the truck sitting in the shop. On their web site they insinuate long service life of their engines They claim their engines meets or exceeds OEM specifications. I can only assume that something must be awash with quality control then. Would anyone spend their hard earned cash on a Jasper engine and labor, to only get less than 15, 000 miles from an engine? That is my experience with three engines in 4 years. Obviously Jasper has not learned the "GOLDEN RULE"! Coustomer satisfaction always comes first and he is always right! I going to try help them learn it! You'll never get my business, recomendations and I will do everything I can to let the world know of your Engines, Warranties and rude business practices!

Read full review of Jasper Engines & Transmissions and 2 comments
2 comments
Jpeterson523
, US
Aug 25, 2016 2:41 am EDT

We purchased a International Dt466 from Jasper Engines & Transmissions in July of 2010 for $13, 452.00. The Engine had a massive oil leak coming from the breather tube the moment we started the new engine. We contacted Jasper immediately and they told us to check a couple of things and that maybe the engine had to be broken in and not to call them until it had 100hrs on it. The leak never stopped. They sent us a new engine but never compensated us for the r&r and repairs as they promised they would. This is a horrible company to do business with, they do not stand by there product.

I
I
ibdilbert
Mytonw, US
Jul 02, 2010 7:33 pm EDT

"I've built engines in my back yard 20 years ago and was abussive to the engine (dogging it) and it was still running strong when it was sold 6 years later!"

Then why did you put a jasper engine in if you have such great experience?

Really stinks you've had bad experience with Jasper Engines, I've had nothing but great results, and the one time I had a minor issue, their warranty covered it w/out any issues at all. With my experience, I'd trust a jasper rebuilt over a factory one any day.

B
9:35 am EDT

Jasper Engines & Transmissions Rip off

I contracted with Jasper Engines to build a competition engine for a show truck.

I requested and was promised information about this engine.

Even after many phone calls and Voice mail messages this information was never provided. They quit corresponding with me as soon as they got my money.

The engine was defective and has broken down twice in less than 1, 000 miles.Costing me thousands of dollars for repairs.

Jasper refuses to return any phone calls or e-mails that I sent them asking for information or concerning Warranty reimbersment concerning their faulty product.

9:07 am EST

Jasper Engines & Transmissions Bad service

87 toyota p/u replaced motor with assper, went back replaced motor again, still burns oil, just dropped off at dealer purchased from still under warranty, will let you know what happens, storey goes on, but i'm sure not liking what i'm reading on this site about them. crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, wow this is hard trying to get a 100 words i9n here, other than crap engined, and we'll see if they stand behind there warranty again for a third time.

4:17 pm EST

Jasper Engines & Transmissions Warranty replacement of engine

On 12/04/04 we purchased a engine from Jasper Engine for a Eagle Talon TSi. It came with a 36 month or 50, 000 mile Parts & Labor warranty. No problem with the motor until 09/07/05 and it started to blow blue smoke and sputter. We took it back to the garage, Everett's Auto and they told me the turbo was bad and needed replaced. That bill was $665 because Everett's said it would be okay for me to buy a used turbo and they would install it. On 5/18/06 the engine started to knock and smoke again. We took it back to the garage and they informed me that the piston walls had scratches and needed to replace the whole motor again. Jasper honored that warranty and it cost $76 dollars for plugs, wires etc. On 06/05/06 this 2nd new motor started to smoke, and use oil. Everett's told me that the turbo that was installed in 05 was bad and he could get a new rebuilt one and install it for $1400. This was my son's car and he went out of town during this time so between 09/05 and 04/08 the car had only 2000 miles on it. In 04/08 the car started to leak oil from the front seal an it had started to knock. Now they are telling me the 2nd motor is bad and the turbo that was put on 06/05/06 is what caused it. They would provided a new motor but refused to pay the garage for labor and I would also have to buy a brand new turbo worth $800 before they would authorize it being installed. Even while this 2nd motor is under warranty they refuse to back up their product. All total I have spent $9000 and still have no working motor.

Read full review of Jasper Engines & Transmissions and 1 comment
1 comment
Ron Glidden
Westminster, US
Feb 09, 2011 3:32 pm EST

The turbo is not part of a motor when the motor is replaced. I believe your problem is not with Jasper rather self inflicted. You tried to save money by purchasing a used turbo and it bit you. If Everett does not provide a warranty on used parts and informed you of this than that was your roll of the dice and you lost. Man up and quit blaming others for your bad decisions.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Jasper Engines & Transmissions contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Jasper Engines & Transmissions?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Jasper Engines & Transmissions Customer Service. Initial Jasper Engines & Transmissions complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Jasper Engines & Transmissions above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Jasper Engines & Transmissions. Discuss the issues you have had with Jasper Engines & Transmissions and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.