Menu
RockAuto
reviews & complaints

RockAuto
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

157 complaints
0 resolved 157 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of RockAuto. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
ADVERTISIMENT

RockAuto - headlamp arrived broken internally

Today, June 23, 2022 I received 2 headlamps that I ordered. One headlamp is internally broken, and was shipped to me this way. you could hear it rattling around in its box. This is 0rder number 210243943. part number on the headlamp box is CS079-B001L.. it is the left headlamp for my 2002 Dodge Neon. The right headlamp arrived undamaged. The shipping box showed NO DAMAGE, there was NO PACKING SLIP in the box with these headlamps. I tried to contact customer service, only to find out that you no longer have ANY customer service. I did go through your returns process and you did issue me a return shipping label, HOWEVER the shipper you are using has NO offices any where in South Jersey. One is listed in Philadelphia, but I am not going to drive 50 miles round trip with gas prices, bridge tolls and insurance charges by the mile that I pay. You need to come up with some thing different here guys. Most packages you send me are through USPS or Fed Ex, why do returns have to go through this DHL Domestic service? My guess is so I will give up and not return the defective item. I called DHL and got a representative who was helpful. He did arrange to have the package picked up at my home. Way too much work and jumping through hoops to make a simple exchange for a non broken part. I have spent well over $1,000.00 so far with your company just this . I had confidence in you until this sour point. It is a relatively inexpensive item, under $40.00, but a broken one is no good to me or any one else. I am very unhappy with your returns policy as it sits right now. The broken lamp will be picked up tomorrow after 3 pm, and I sure hope the replacement is not also damaged. If so, I will contact my credit card company to take steps. Return label ref no . 210243943 Waybill # 72 9810 9335 From 56 west Centre st, Woodbury NJ 08096 to Rockauto order return 7462 New Ridge rd, Hanover Maryland 21076

Desired outcome: I would like a new replacement headlamp as soon as possible

D
1:27 pm

RockAuto - express mail shipping request for refund

Order Number (Click for Status/Returns)

Date Status Total

Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor 06 / 07 / 2022 Shipped $94.72

I paid $30 to get this car on the road on the 8th even though the part was to arrive sometime before 8 PM well it didn't it's 6/9 @ 10 AM no part.

Please ask express mail for my money back.

Dana Sorenson 775 560-5969 [email protected]

3:11 pm

RockAuto - poor shipping, return policies, and no real company contact

I ordered parts 2nd day, after the parts were 2 days late, I contacted Rock Auto. That's when I was told that they wouldn't do anything for at least 15 days. I needed the parts, that's why I ordered them 2nd day. I had to purchase parts from another firm and repaired the vehicle. I tried to cancel the order, and they wouldn't let me. I contacted my credit card company, explained the issue, and wanted Rock Auto to deal with me so that I could end this issue. I stopped payment for the order. I then contacted rock auto to explain that I would like to pay for the parts that arrived on time which came from a different location. They refused to work with me. Because they did not challenge the stop payment it went through. The late package arrived 22 days late, the postmark shows that it was shipped 2 days before from Florida. I contacted Rock Auto again to ask for a return postage label to return the now unneeded parts. They refused to work with me unless I dropped all complaints, so that's that.

T
11:06 am

RockAuto - Lack of customer service

Used you guys in past if problem could speak to human /not anymore/ went to purchase you only use pathetic at least where I live fed ex /1 in 80 chance packages will arrive undamaged, misdelivered or not at all last 10 years always had 1 or more issues and there customer service is there employees always right you are always a liar. The part I wanted was a good price shipping as much as part now with shipping can get cheaper at napa. Soooo long rock auto - usps cheaper does much better

Desired outcome: WOULD LIKE RESPONSE. WAS A GREAT PLACE TO GET PARTS

J
5:58 am

RockAuto - Warranty replacement

I purchased a catalytic converter with a 5 year warranty. 7 months later it failed. The site has no way to contact the company whatsoever. When trying to redeem the warranty they require another one be bought before they will process a return. The reason i purchased this part in the first place was to replace the catalytic converter that was stolen. Now purchasing a part from a so called legitimate dealer of the part they want to rob me as well. I dont have another 600 to give them while they consider honoring my warranty. Meanwhile my car sits as i cannot drive it without a cat. I tracked down the actual warehouse that my part came from and explained my problem. Got abosultely no response. I feel like ive been hustled and nothing i can do about it. Added to the part being stolen from my vehicle only to be sold a defective one and then be required to buy a 3rd one.

Desired outcome: replacement or refund

6:47 pm

RockAuto - Wrong part listed on website

I have a return going on and it is not right that I have to split the return shipping with “rockauto”. The part I ordered completely is wrong on your website for the specified vehicle. So this is a rockauto problem, not the customers. Rockauto has the part listed for the wrong vehicle and if this is what the part manufacturer says it fits then the blame goes to them. I should be getting a full refund, I order a lot of parts from rockauto and this area is where rockauto is weak in. It’s limited what I can select for the return and if it’s not specified then I have to select something close to the problem. I do not appreciate being charged for a completely wrong part and then split the return shipping for rockauto a problem. The order number is: 207171287. I would appreciate it if this matter can be fixed.

Desired outcome: To be fully refunded for the wrong part listed on rockauto.com

M
11:57 am

RockAuto - next day delivery

payed for expedited shipping only for it to be delayed. rock auto charges you to expedite but doesn't follow threw tells you shipping is not guaranteed only estimate. Called fedex shipping can be refunded but shipper has to call them to have it refunded due to service that was used. kept getting the run around from somewhat of a customer service department threw email very rude. I get that ground shipping only estimate which is does not say that when ordering and still not seeing it but next day is not the same.

Desired outcome: to be refunded my expedited shipping fees

W
4:40 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

RockAuto - Having to pay shipping on return of wrong part they sent me.

I usually have no problem with Rock auto and have ordered a lot from them over the years but this time I ordered brake pads front for a 2016 ford explorer got sent wrong pads will not fit my car completely different and now I have to pay the shipping to return them and they are the ones who made the mistake!They have no costumer service you can talk to so what do you do in a situation like this?I really hate getting ripped off like this and there is no reason for it you made the mistake so why should I take the loss? I added pictures and you can plainly see that the shoes they sent will not work?

Desired outcome: Would like to get my shipping back both that I paid when I ordered it and what I had to pay to return it?

1 comment
K
May 18, 2022 11:57 am

Rockauto sent me a defective calliper and I have to send it back at my cost. terrible customer service. no one to talk to and email is useless

8:32 pm

RockAuto - 194070971

Its a headlight assembly for a 2009 pontiac soltice base modelordered left side only because right was out of stock.Was notified right was in so ordered.That was in november or so.The car was in storage.I take the car out of storage and during clean up i was going to install the new ssemblies.Only to find out i have two left side assembliesBody & Lamp Assembly : Headlamp Assembly

VARIOUS MFR GM2502290 {15909540, 25932032} (Standard Replacement) Info

Left [OE New]

VARIOUS MFR Warranty Information

Body parts, A/C Compressors 12 months. Radiator fans, radiators, A/C condensers, motors/regulators, 90 day. Oil Coolers, limited lifetime. Window glass and mirror glass, no warranty. Washer Fluid Reservoirs - 30 Days. IMPORTANT A/C COMPRESSOR WARRANTY NOTE: All compressors returned for defect must show proof of purchase of an A/C Orifice Tube (or A/C Expansion Valve), A/C Receiver Drier/Accumulator, and A/C System Flush or a Work Order showing the purchase of these items and that the system was flushed.

Part image

Left [OE New]

VARIOUS MFR Warranty Information

Part image

Buy it Again

Desired outcome: WOULD LIKE TO EXCHANGE ONE OF THE LEFT ASSEMBLIES FOR A RIGHT.I CERTAINLY DONT NEED TWO LEFTS AND CANT SEE INSTALLING THE NEW LEFT WITH AN OLD RIGHT

D
8:46 pm

RockAuto - Refund not sent.

This company refused to send a refund on the whole faulty part I bought from them. They stated via email they won't give my money back because I chose Core Return and not Part Return which is clearly not true as shown in the following order confirmation.

For a customer to receive a replacement part the customer must pay in advance the entire price of the part plus half shipping and once they get the faulty part they would refund the money which they didn't do in my case for the reasons I already explained above.

RockAuto Order Confirmation

Miami, FL 33186-8804 Miami, FL 33186-8804

United States United States

7862270428 7862270428

[email protected] [email protected]

[email protected] is not signed up to receive our newsletter, repeat customer discount and other marketing emails. Would you like to resubscribe?

Part Number Part Type Price EA Core EA Quantity Total

2019 TOYOTA COROLLA 1.8L L4

BOSCH AL3385X Alternator / Generator $ 176.79 $ 50.00 1 $ 226.79

Shipping Ground $ 10.99

Tax $ 16.65

Order Total $ 254.43

MasterCard -$ 254.43

Balance Due $ 0.00

Desired outcome: Full refund on the price I paid for the part not just the core.

RockAuto - Parts never got on 5/4/22

i been waiting on my coils/ boots order#205623526 and fedX said it was delivered 5/4/22 it was not? tracking #550412484750. this is not right ? i have been watching for them i need them parts are. a refund? thanks order was on friday 4/29/22 11.59.pm

Desired outcome: let me know please

Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Good day, This is in reference to order number 203886088 That was placed on 04/10/2022 for a 2003 Toyota Solaris Oxygen sensor that did not fit the car. I tried to do a return but because the photo looked like it would work you requested photos and the car is 40 miles away. Now, we have ordered from you MANY times and if you research our e-mail address you...

1:14 am

RockAuto - My last order204670227 is wrong, not what I ordered

I ordered a carter fuel pump worth 180 dollars total, rock auto sent me a autobest worth only 60. dollars, it seem's like everytime I order from rock auto they send me the wrong part, and if you don't have a printer you cannot send these part's back, unless you pay and send it back yourself, rock auto has no one to talk about these issues. I won't my money back somehow.

Desired outcome: I'd like my money back and I'll never ever order from rockauto again, 180.00 dollars back please

A
9:14 am

RockAuto - Order 200143216 and terrible service

The parts I received (2 knuckle assembly for 2013 Ford transit connect) causing error to ABS and my brakes are not working as they should, The problem is in the bearing they use in the knuckles. They do not have the inner magnetic ABS Encoder seal. Their web site it is un accessible they never answer their phone or their web site.

Order #20143216 3/1/2022

Desired outcome: I want 2 new parts that have the ABS encoder in the bearings or take back those parts and refund my money.

T
3:25 pm

RockAuto - Moog K14 idler arm for 65 Chevy C10

Order number 195385365 placed 12/29/2021. Attempted install per instructions a week ago and discovered a mismatch in bolt holes between idler arm and spacer plate. Requested a warranty replacement which was received today and is exactly like the first one with the same manufacturing mismatch in parts. I contacted Moog directly and they verified the fitment and part numbers was well as agreed there was a mismatch based on our review. Rock Auto offer no mechanism for refunding my money based on their inability to provide a properly manufactured and packaged part as advertised by them. They also do not provide customer service contact of any kind for resolution of this issue. So false advertising, refusal to address vendor issues and withholding a refund when the customer has no other recourse. Pretty crappy setup. I want y money back and they can have there junk parts.

Desired outcome: Return with refund including return shipping of original part and warranty replacement part

B
11:32 am

RockAuto - Never received part

Never received part. FedEx said they never pick up the package. Shipping status gives a tracking number but status reports they never picked it up. Rockauto said it was FEDEX problem. Do not care who's fault it is We just want our money back

Order number 193210388

Shipping number 513717928602

There appears to be NO WAY TO REACH ROCKAUTO for this problem. We have exhausted hours of time. Hard not to feel as though we have been scammed.

Desired outcome: Would like a refund

11:09 am

RockAuto - Poor listing on website led to wrong part. Inv.202992717

I have a 2006 Chevy 1500 Silverado. I ordered new brake rotors front and rear. Rockauto has the part number Raybestos 580279R listed. The description does not give any details on specifics based upon vehicle description. The part does not fit my truck. In researching why it does not fit I discovered from looking at other suppliers sites that there is a difference in parts if my truck has rear disk or drum brakes. The fact that I ordered rear disk brake parts on this same order should have initiated a part confirmation that there was a discrepancy. The other online parts sites (carparts.com) clearly identify this at the beginning of the part search. Nowhere on Rock auto is this noted. I am especially disappointed in the fact that Rockauto has no customer service contact for any reason and make it incredibly difficult to refute a situation. I received the wrong part because rock auto website listing is poorly done, this is obvious when I looked at other online suppliers.

Desired outcome: Please provide a return authorization not at my expense.

O
4:19 am

RockAuto - Charging my card for cancelled order

Dear Sirs,

I purchased some spare parts online from rockauto.com, however they duplicated my order & when I canceled the order they canceled one & proceed with the payment for the duplicated one (which I don't know anything about it).

Now they refused to refund my money back (663.10$) & they don't reply to my emails any more & they blocked me on the social media pages as well!

I consider this a fraud operation.

All supporting documents are avail upon request.

Card #: 5127 1300 0004 6070

Exp:11/22

Cardholder name: OSAMA ELAFR

Phone #:+974 70282810

Desired outcome: Refund my money

12:21 am

RockAuto - Trico 2412B wiper

I purchase 4 B2412b for my 2010, and 2012 Mercedes C350 and your side said this will fit. And I go ahead and order them along with 10 oil filters.

I receive it yesterday and I found out the wiper have a gay in between the windshields and the blade on the driver side. I fill in the refund form but looks like I have to paid the shipping cost. That's no good. Since the total of the wiper

cost is around $ 36.00 and cost me over $ 23.00 or even more to ship back.

So what is the point getting them from Rockauto if something happen like this.

Spencer

my order # 20275209

Desired outcome: Send me a shipping label.

4:29 pm

RockAuto - No Refund -

In August 2021 we purchased an intake manifold from Rock Auto for a 2008 Ford F150. Upon installation it was discovered there was a defective part of the manifold which caused a part of the manifold that was built onto it to blow off causing antifreeze to go everywhere.

Rock Auto would not offer a refund and only offered a replacement. We didn't want a replacement after seeing how this manifold was manufactured because we didn't want to risk the same thing happening. Unfortunately, Rock Auto said we could only get a replace of the same poor quality manifold.

Additionally, we ended up paying for 2 manifolds to be installed. Rock Auto also made us pay return shipping on the defective manifold.

Desired outcome: Refund and payment to install second intake manifold.

RockAuto contacts