Maytag / washer and dryer

1 Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

We purchased a Maytag washer (front load) and dryer about 5 yrs ago.
The dryer laster less than 3 yrs before the electrical panel went. The washer hasnt been working properly for almost a year (it stops mid cycle and starts beeping until you stop it manually) and now the softener dispenser doesn't dispense the softener. When I called Maytag the first time to complain about the dryer, they couldn't care less. And their cost to come and look at it was more than anyone else. The repairman told me that they don't make these to last more than 5 years anymore. He was SO right, since the washer started failing around the 4 yr mark. I am planning to purchase a new set but will go to Home Depot and buy the cheapest pair (NOT MAYTAG) and hopefully they will last longer than these. I will NEVER buy anything MAYTAG again. The name no longer represents quality or customer care.

• Maytag Customer Care's Response, Jun 11, 2018

WhatHappenedToQuality?
    We are sorry to hear of your experience, we would like to look into your review further for you. If you are still in need, please email us at canadasocial@maytag.com we will need your name, address, phone number along with the model and serial number and a brief description. We look forward to hearing from you.

Rob S