Maytag / repair service will not touch your washer if this happens...

1 553 Benson HarborBenton Harbor, MI, United States

Did you know that if your washer or dryer does not have a readable serial number on the machine, NO repair service will work on it. It does not matter if you have all the paperwork showing this information. If the original label is unreadable, no repair service will touch it because they will be fired. Maytag changes parts on a model all the time. The serial number is the ONLY way a serviceman can tell exactly what parts your washer was made with.

Apparently the serial and model number label sticker was not printed with permanent ink. The Repair Service said the Serial and Model number ink washed off the label because the sticker was incorrectly put on the inside of the washer door at the bottom. But Maytag shows online that "is" exactly where the serial and model number sticker is located.

So, I called Maytag to order a new serial number stick on label for our washer. I gave Maytag the information and I was told I would have the label in two weeks. Then I called back a week or so later to make sure the serial number was ordered and on the way. Maytag said there was a misunderstanding, and that they received my request on 6/17/15 and it was sent to the ONE AND ONLY GUY that makes replacement serial number tags and he was sent my request on 6/22/15. Maytag said it would take the one and only man quite some time to make the label (SINCE THERE IS ONLY ONE!!!) and I could expect to receive the replacement label in 4 to 6 weeks and they were sorry, but there was absolutely NOTHING they could do about it. So as my year old washer sets for over a month, I'm going to the Laundromat each week.
We should have received the new serial number on August 6, 2015. So it’s taken almost 2 months and my label is close to two weeks late.
To date I have not received my serial number.

CHECK YOUR MAYTAG WASHER. IF THE SERIAL NUMBER AND MODEL NUMBER LABEL ARE INSIDE THE DOOR, CHECK TO SEE IF THE INK IS COMING OF THE MACHINE LABEL, and order a new one NOW if it is, or you will not be able to get your washer serviced. DO NOT PUT NEW LABEL BACK ON THE INSIDE OF THE WASHER DOOR.

This is just unbelievable...

Kc